Market Strategies International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2017

2.5

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was easy and quick. The people were on time and made me feel comfortable. I would recommend people to work there. I found it easy to start and the questions were easy too. I'd say to practice the words verbatim, and a few others.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (Livonia, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role via an employee referral. I was contacted by HR within two weeks to set up a phone screen. We talked about my interest in the position, details of the role, my fit for it. It seemed that there was some mutual interest and I was told I'd hear back by the end of the week whether they'd to continue the process. I have not heard back despite following up twice over the course of two weeks. I understand companies don't have time to reply to every applicant but a quick email following a phone interview, especially given that we discussed this next step, would be the professional (and simply decent) thing to do. Ghosting candidates seems very immature. This left me with a bad impression of the company and I would be hesitant to apply there in the future based on this experience.

Summer Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (Livonia, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with Market Strategies at my graduate program's career fair. I had actually read other Glassdoor reviews beforehand about this organization, and used this to formulate some questions. At the fair, the staff was very friendly and was excited about adding prospective interns to the company. A week or so later, I received an email on a Thursday asking if I could interview the next day or the week after. I ultimately decided I could do it the next day. Upon arriving at the office, I was asked to take a Wonderlic test, a presentation proofreading assessment, followed by a group interview in the STAR format.

The staff was very friendly, however I did not receive a follow-up email or anything about the position. I later learned that the positions were filled on my own about 3 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with another employee or team member. What was it and what was the result.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in the workplace you were tasked with a situation where you had little direction. What was it and what was the result.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Market Strategies International.

Interview

The interview consisted of four parts.I first had to take a typing test.I had to type at 20 wpm with 90% accuracy.Next I was given a print out of a script and a list of words that would be used in it.I was told to sit in the waiting area and review it.Afterwards I was sent into a room with a computer that had the script on it.I had to call one of the supervisors who was sitting in the next room.It was role playing,basically.The supervisor was the interviewee and I was the interviewer.
    Finally,I exited that room and went into the supervisors office.She spoke briefly(5min)outlining things such as shift choices,what their company does,etc.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any difficult question.In fact,I wasn't asked any questions at all.It just a matter of passing the typing test and reading from the script.Very easy to get hired.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Market Strategies International.

Interview

Phone interview - went well. General questions, all behavioral.
    In person interview - very structured. Went okay. They give a format regarding questions they will ask, and you have to prepare accordingly. But they deviated from that for me. People were nice though.
    I wasn't given any response post the interview, despite following up multiple times, and having a prior association with the firm. It was quite disappointing considering the fact that I had worked here before but wasn't sent even a generic rejection email, let alone a personalized one.

Interview Questions

• Give us a situation, actions taken and results relating to time management.   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (Livonia, MI).

Interview

Questions about market research skills were asked. Knowledge of market research methodologies. Scenarios were presented and you had to answer how you would proceed to solve the scenario. Questions about Microsoft Office skills.

Interview Questions

• You basically need to verbally demonstrate your knowledge of market research methodologies. This was a position that required previous market research skills which I already had. The same holds true for the Microsoft Office skills.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (Livonia, MI).

Interview

Meet with a panel. Take cognitive test and a math test and then interview with a panel of people. You are asked specific questions about what you would do / have done in various situations.

Interview Questions

• Here is a power point - find all of the errors.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can do some negotiating.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Market Strategies International.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR to see if you were a fit for the position and company.

If you make it past the initial phone screening you'll need to go in for testing. There are a number of paper tests that you'll have to take to determine your personality type, math skills, grammar skills and editing skills. Some of these are on a computer and others are done with pen and paper. You'll be asked to edit a PowerPoint for both formatting and grammar.

Afterwards there are two rounds of close to full day interviews with a number of people including everyone on the team you'll be working with, your new potential manager, their manager, and other's you may have contact with. Expect the typical interview questions (they give these to their junior people that need to interview you) as well as get information on your background, passions and fit. There is typically a 2-3 week wait after you interview before you'll hear something. The nice thing is that you will hear something either way once they have made a decision.

Interview Questions

• Since I was interviewing for an entry level position there weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Very general questions.   Answer Question

Research Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (Nashville, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a pre-screen over the phone, typing test, you had to be able to type 20 wpm with a 90 % accuracy, reading evaluation (of an actual script) and face to face interview. Everyone things was done in one appointment.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer on the phone?   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (Livonia, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

Panel format, one round, following a phone interview. Included a Wonderlic intelligence test. Met only with hiring manager, HR recruiter and HR leader for interview. Lasted about an hour, then hiring manager took me to lunch.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the standard fare. None of them were too challenging. Focused more on your personality and motivations. For example, they wanted to know one of my most difficult challenges I faced during my career and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Long and a bit more complicated than necessary. I wasn't asking for much. Background check took forever. Wasn't permitted to meet team members or job predecessor.