Market Strategies International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Market Strategies International Interview Questions

2.5

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Market Strategies International.

Interview

Phone interview - went well. General questions, all behavioral.
    In person interview - very structured. Went okay. They give a format regarding questions they will ask, and you have to prepare accordingly. But they deviated from that for me. People were nice though.
    I wasn't given any response post the interview, despite following up multiple times, and having a prior association with the firm. It was quite disappointing considering the fact that I had worked here before but wasn't sent even a generic rejection email, let alone a personalized one.

Interview Questions

• Give us a situation, actions taken and results relating to time management.   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (Livonia, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Panel interview format where each member reads from fixed script of questions. The focus is heavily on work experience that is EXACTLY like the position applied for. If you are trying to change industries, worked in a position that is similar to the one you're applying for but might not seem that way on your resume, OR if you did something that is exactly what you'll be doing but they don't consider it to make you well qualified for the position, you will need to sell the heck out of your experience.

Be super detailed and make sure you hit every one of the question's key points and, if you don't already work there so they know the people you're talking about, expect to be treated dismissively.

And despite the number of people interviewing you and the intensity of the questions, don't expect feedback and/or an offer for like 2 months.

Interview Questions

• "Our clients expect a lot and aren't will to pay us for it. Tell us about as time when you've gone the extra mile to deliver extra value for a client without costing your employer extra money? How much long-term financial impact did you generate? Did you work unpaid overtime to deliver this value?"   Answer Question

By the time I was offered a position I had accepted and started with a competing company.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (Portland, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

They gave a attention-to-detail test. Then one on one and panel interviews. It was pretty generic corporate stuff. Start with online submission, then a phone screen, then a call back, etc.

Interview Questions

• Mostly details of data analysis I've done in the past, and experience with basic statistics   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (Livonia, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

There are three portions to the on-site interview (I have heard of phone interviews before the on-site portion but it was not part of my experience). These portions happen in any order but they consist of a behavioral based interview with 2-3 staff members (usually 1-2 from HR and 1-2 from the the division you are applying to), a work sample (correcting a printed powerpoint presentation), and a cognitive ability test (Wonderlic).

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions, 5 topics are given a few days before the interview and 3-5 are discussed. topics include teamwork and communication among others. Relevant examples of when you demonstrated these skills are discussed.Ex. "When did you have to communicate poor feedback to a teammate and how did you go about it?"   Answer Question

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was easy and quick. The people were on time and made me feel comfortable. I would recommend people to work there. I found it easy to start and the questions were easy too. I'd say to practice the words verbatim, and a few others.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (Sacramento, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Informal due to having relationship within the same industry, we knew each other and they knew my reputation. Therefore it was fairly short. The VP and I worked together on projects that both our companies were involved with at the same time so she knew my knowledge was reliable and saw my skill set in action.

Interview Questions

• Asked for more history about my sales background, asked about my account growth and communication style.   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (Livonia, MI).

Interview

Questions about market research skills were asked. Knowledge of market research methodologies. Scenarios were presented and you had to answer how you would proceed to solve the scenario. Questions about Microsoft Office skills.

Interview Questions

• You basically need to verbally demonstrate your knowledge of market research methodologies. This was a position that required previous market research skills which I already had. The same holds true for the Microsoft Office skills.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (Livonia, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

Panel format, one round, following a phone interview. Included a Wonderlic intelligence test. Met only with hiring manager, HR recruiter and HR leader for interview. Lasted about an hour, then hiring manager took me to lunch.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the standard fare. None of them were too challenging. Focused more on your personality and motivations. For example, they wanted to know one of my most difficult challenges I faced during my career and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Long and a bit more complicated than necessary. I wasn't asking for much. Background check took forever. Wasn't permitted to meet team members or job predecessor.

Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (North Little Rock, AR) in June 2012.

Interview

There are several interviews. This company is constantly hiring.
    When one gets to the office they look if you are moderately dressed. Very informal attire. If applying for bilingual surveyor you will be required to read a text in spanish. For all interviewers a text in english is a required reading.

Negotiation

Research Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Market Strategies International (Portland, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, I was contacted by the corporate recruiter who interviewed me over the phone and set up an in-person meeting with the vice president. I met with the vice president and had a positive interview experience with her. In the end, however, we decided it was not the right fit.

Interview Questions

• The interview consisted of informal questions related to my background, experience, and job responsibilities.   Answer Question