Marketing Werks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.4

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I came in for 3 interviews and was actually being sought out fro 2 departments. After being told I was the final candidate never hear anything. Not even a no. So unprofessional on their recruiter Rob's part.

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Werks in March 2017.

Interview

Meet with Sales Manager and was informal interview that you dress business casual. You really should have previous outside sales or business to business, and or cable sales. They like that but it's a case by case scenario. Then they go over results with corporate and expect drug and background check.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Werks.

Interview

I applied online and scheduled (and then had HR reschedule) a phone interview. Was simple enough and she explained to me that the process is another phone interview and then going in to meet the team. Had the next phone interview and was simple enough once again. She told me that the next steps are going in to meet the them. Ok, makes sense. But continue reading...

Then I went in to meet the team which is where things got weird. I met with 4 people there in their gorgeous office. Only thing is, the marketing team works across the street and didn't get to see it. However after one woman said "I like to have people from across the street come to the main office at least once a week because over there it's easy to just be focusing on money and numbers and not the essence of the brand." Sounds like a soul-crushing kind of place.

Perhaps the most unprofessional part of the interview was when one lady told me this out of nowhere : "we had a girl here once, really nice just like you, and she left. Some things were said about her...some appropriate... (and then her she covers her mouth as though she's telling a secret while she says..) some not so appropriate. So I just wanted to make sure you're ok with something like that." Um, what? What should I be ok with? That was incredibly vague and sounds to me like a major red flag about their culture, which only kept sounding worse as the interview went on. One employee described it as "you come in and get your work done..but I mean it's not thaaaat unheard of to go out to lunch."

And now for the worst part. At the end of the (2 hour long) interview, I asked what the next steps are because I was told all along this was the last round. She proceeds to tell me that next steps are a presentation! With a bunch of people including the VP of Marketing and Creative Director! Why an entry level position at a company like this needs 4 rounds is beyond me. Absurd. I didn't make it to that round, but that is OK with me.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with working without much structure?   1 Answer
    • If you could numerically divide up how much you use project management, creativity and analysis, how would you do so?   1 Answer

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

After being rejected in early June for the same position from the online screener, I applied again in July under the guise of "why not?" My best advice here to get in the door is apply for all "intern" positions in your area on the crossmark website because each team posts a want ad for their intern (there are upwards of 8 teams).

In the middle of August I received a followup phone call from HR about an open position on their teams and had a brief phone call with their recruitment manager. Then I was scheduled for two more phone calls the next day with different senior account managers to discuss what their teams do and see which team was a better fit for me.

After these two phone calls, I was invited in to have a sitdown interview with both teams that I had the phone interviews with. The in person interviews were not challenging and it mostly focused on asking about my experience in experiential marketing. The major goal of these team meetings were to see if I meshed and understood what position would be about.

I received a call about a week later with an offer to intern for the team that liked me more. As an intern, I did not really see a major difference in the work at my level, interns do not get to travel and the day to day life is general marketing tasks so either team was fine by me. Overall, it was a very positive experience if you take out the time equation for the whole process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was a very simple phone call and a straightforward email to sign up on the website.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application for the short-term internship on the company website the first week of July. I was asked for an initial phone interview with the HR department about 2 weeks later. Human Resources spoke a lot about the internship initially than asking questions about my experience. I was prepared to give background and relatable experience through each of my professional and undergraduate experiences, so I did most of the talking.

On the same day, I was offered a 2nd interview in-person scheduled with two managers in Client Services. This interview was more difficult; though, I was asked more questions specifically relating to the previous professional experiences I had gained in public relations and marketing. I would consider half the interview formal and half informal. Overall, a really positive interviewing experience with the current staff members.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but there is a possibility of being considered to join the team permanently after completing either the internship or traveling as a brand ambassador.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Recevied a call about scheduling a phone interview. A few days later I received a call for an in-person interview. That was on a Friday and received an offer on the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• After your internship would you be interested in going on the road for one of our mobile programs.   Answer Question

Client Services Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marketing Werks in July 2013.

Interview

I was referred by an employee at Marketing Werks. Because of that, I was contacted within 48 hours by HR. The phone interview was very easy, and had no pressure. Then, I was invited into their beautiful office space for an in-person interview.

I met with an HR manager as well as an Account Manager. Another team member was supposed to be present, but we found out at the last minute that she had taken the day off. They premised the interview by saying it would be informal. In my opinion, the first half of the interview was informal and the second half was more formal. By formal, I mean typical interview questions that are meant to throw you off.

I was told that they might bring me back in to meet other people in the office, but I was contacted the very next week and told that a candidate with better qualifications and background was chosen for the internship.

Interview Questions

• When did you find that your biggest strength was actually a weakness?   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

first you have an interview with the interview panel. Then you are interviewed by the team coach. First it wasnElijah and now it is Lisa. After that you take your drug test and you're good to go

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses? How do you take rejection from a customer?   Answer Question

Tour Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Marketing Werks (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I was emailed an application with questions to answer, partially skills related, and some dealing with personality. I then received a call from a company recruiter to specify the job requirements, weekday they entailed, and my eligibility. I then was asked to board a flight to come into corporate office for class training and road training.

Interview Questions

• How would I manage being on the road?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marketing Werks.

Interview

I had three interviews - one phone, two face-to-face. I spoke with the intern recruiter in chicago first, then met my direct manager and finally the director of the program. Questions were typical for an interview. Everyone was friendly, which made it easier through the process. An offer was made a few short days later by phone.

Interview Questions

• There are times where there's a lot of pressure from the client, do you feel prepared to handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A