Marshall University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Marshall University

2.6

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marshall University (Huntington, WV) in April 2011.

Interview

Submission of currioculum vitae. Telephone interview. Travel to University to meet with faculty and management. Tours of campus, classroom facilities, and city. Education and teaching experience. Collegial situations and outcomes.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marshall University (Huntington, WV) in May 2013.

Interview

Very easy process. I sent my application and I was called the day after for an in-person interview. The process was very easy and the interview was actually more a conversation than an actual and formal interview.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marshall University (Huntington, WV) in November 2016.

Interview

I was selected to this job based on my communication skills and Academic GPA. While I was searching to find a job on-campus I walked into the dean's office where I had met my employer, and handed over my resume and spoke well about my abilities to do a job like this. And my employer got impressed and had sent a request to one of my professors for an opinion, and upon a positive reply from him about my capabilities, they got me hired for this job.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshall University (Huntington, WV) in February 2015.

Interview

Very relaxing environment. Two supervisors asked friendly and easily answered questions. Supervisors made me very comfortable when interviewing and understood that I was nervous. Felt as though I was speaking to a friend.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in about three years?   1 Answer

Interview

Temporary employee so did a 1/2 day trial.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshall University (Huntington, WV) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume and transcripts online and completed a review with a staff member. Later they scheduled a one-on-one interview with the director of the department who went over my credential and relevant experience. The interviewer was pleasant and attentive and got right to the heart of the matter.

Professor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marshall University.

Interview

I had graduate from the department where I interviewed. I taught a class that was attended by most of the current professors. I then interviewed with all the staff members individually and/or in small groups. I was interviewed in October, but didn't get an offer until right before Christmas break for the university. I was supposed to start at the beginning of January for the Spring semester. In the offer letter, I was given a limited number of days to respond, all of which the Dean's office was closed. The chair of the department assured me that I would be able to start on time, but it was a very frustrating time.

Interview Questions

• The questions were in line with what would be expected for this type of interview.   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshall University (Huntington, WV) in March 2017.

Interview

3 step interview. One on one interview with an RA. Panel interview where RAs watch you respond to an issue with a group of applicants. One role play scenario where you respond as if you were the RA.

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshall University (Huntington, WV) in November 2012.

Interview

Easy application. Segmented Interview process. You're put into a room with other applicants and split into groups. You will have a Large group interview, small group, and individual. Large group is problem solving, small group is more problem solving, and individual is like a traditional interview. You are asked questions about your experience, reactions to certain issues, and gauged on your energy and commitments.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you?
      What is leadership to you?
      What would you consider your major weakness?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshall University (Huntington, WV) in August 2017.

Interview

Normal Interview process. First fill the application form online and then Go and directly meet the Employer for interview schedules. All the GA's are very helpful and they help me to get the employer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me something about yourself?
      2. Why you interested in teaching?
      3. Which subjects you like to teach and why?   1 Answer