Marvel Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marvel Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

2.5

Attorney Interview

Interview

Applied online, received an email to schedule an interview, then interviewed in person (where I was also required to fill a paper application). It was pretty typical and straight forward.

Creative Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marvel Entertainment (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

This was for a Summer Internship in the NYC office. I applied around 2nd week of March. I got called in for a in-person interview at the end of March. It could have been because of my referral or my other experiences but I was surprised to hear early. I interviewed for 10 minutes but the manager held high praise over my work. After the interview I heard back the first week of April that I was made a conditional offer meaning I still have to meet the requirements of the internship. This process can take up to three weeks.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marvel Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a member of the team a couple of weeks later by email to set up a phone screen. Had the phone screen and basic questions of why Marvel, favorite characters, what I've done. Went well and was told that they'd like me to come in for an in person interview, and would reach out to set that up. Told me to call if I didn't hear anything in a week.

Week went by and didn't hear anything so I called, she said they had been busy and would really get back on it. Another week and nothing, so called again. Same excuse, this time said she would let me know a couple of weeks in advance when I should expect to come down. She called back and said interview was in 2 days and I had a homework assignment to turn in day before interview (I don't live in area, so had to fly in, rent car, arrange child care all at last second).

Went to interview, and met with my initial contact along with 3 other gentlemen who were cool and wanted to know more about me professionally as well as personality wise. Initial interviewer was on her phone the whole time. Next part was a 1 on 1 with a gentleman (using that term loosely). Did a scenario that I didn't perform the best on.

Was told I would hear something in a week. 3 weeks later, received an email from initial interviewer that they were going with other candidates. Was gracious and asked for feedback 2 times, but never received a response.

For all the effort, time, and money I put in to make for the interview, they couldn't give any feedback. Some of the least professional people I've ever interacted with.

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marvel Entertainment (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Was contacted after submitting application online. Interview was informal and borderline awkward.
    Interviewer wasn't prepared and the room that he was hoping for was occupied. Was told they would make decision in 6 weeks, never heard back. Emailed HR a few times for an update and got no response. Running theme here seems to be HR is pretty bad there.

Web Design Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvel Entertainment in January 2016.

Interview

showed my portfolio and demonstrated knowledge of illustrator and the adobe creative suite. overall not very difficult for Interns just a demonstration of skills. Marvel tends to give priority to those to have friends and family working within the company.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvel Entertainment (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was lengthy and I had to meet essentially everyone on the tech team. The team was welcoming and everyone was nice. The feedback and response of the interview was slow and I had to wait more than a month to get a definitive verdict, which was frustrating, but I was told that it was typical.

Creative Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marvel Entertainment in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back about an interview the very next day. My interview was a week later and I received an offer two months after my interview. The interview itself was very straightforward and were mostly questions about my background in design and my ability to use design software.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with creating and using style guides?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Marvel Entertainment (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Overall, it was very slow, unstructured and informal. It took 3 week for a response from my application, after the interview I waited 3 more weeks without areply. I called and they said they are still waiting to make a decision and will have an answer soon. It's been 4 weeks since that phone call and I still haven't received any kind of response from them.

Interview Questions

• They honestly didn't ask any specific questions, the interview was more of a conversation. There were two people interviewing me at the same time, which threw me for a curveball. It started with me introducing myself and running through my portfolio with them. After that, they told me what I'd be doing and showed me some books they had worked on themselves. They asked a little about my interest in comics, what my future plans are and some other small questions, but no traditional interview questions.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvel Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 people in the Burbank office. One person came in after the next in increasing title order. Many of the questions they asked me were the same. It was a great overall experience, the culture there is very relaxed and casual, yet they know what they need to get done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself. Why do you like accounting? What superhero would you compare yourself to? What are some of the things you are involved in outside of class?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Interview

I applied for a job at Marvel through a linkedin job posting. Three days later, I was contacted for an interview for a couple of days after that. It seemed that they were desperate to fulfill the position. The HR coordinator told me I would be meeting with the manager of the department and hinted that if I had impressed them I would meet the VP of the department. I arrived at the Marvel HQ and I first had to fill out over 20 minutes of tedious paperwork. The secretary told me I would actually be meeting with the VP of the department and hinted that if I impressed them, I would meet with the manager of the department (the exact opposite of what the HR coordinator told me). The VP asked many standard interview questions about my experience and my reactions to situations, all pretty normal. The VP had a great enough impression so he sent in the manager and another employee in the department to come speak to me. These two individuals did not ask me any questions, instead they started selling me all the perks about working for Marvel! At that point, I felt that I had passed the interview and now Marvel was trying to make me as interested as possible in their company. I left Marvel after being interviewed by the three people for over an hour feeling great. The manager told me that by the next week they would have a response and that she would "see me soon." I sent my thank you emails to everyone and waited. Three weeks later and no response I called the manager who said the VP was still deciding yet she wanted to hire me out of the candidates. I sent more emails to the VP and the manager along with the HR coordinator over time. It hit 3 months since I interviewed and I decided to call the HR coordinator. She had notified me that they offered the position to someone yesterday and hadn't had the time to send emails to other candidates. I was livid; I was led on to believe that they were interested in me and it took them 3 months to notify me. It's close to 4 months since I interviewed AND I NEVER RECEIVED AN EMAIL. To make matters worse, I discovered on linkedin that the person who got the job was an intern in the department who they hired full-time. In all fairness, I think that the intern did deserve the job over any person (like myself) who they interviewed. But the fact that Marvel wasted so much of my time (and I'm sure other candidates) shows how rude of a company they are and how much they lack common decency.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any superhero power what would it be?   2 Answers