Mashable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mashable Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.6

Operations Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mashable.

Interview

I had a phone interview and and in person. When I went to their offices, the person I met was off putting. I left the interview thinking I wouldn't fit in at Mashable. It felt like a trap for POC. Some of the people were really the 'gatekeepers', which explains why POC have trouble getting through the doors. Everyone else was friendly and the office looks cool, but the interview, while straightforward, was very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mashable.

Interview

Straightforward: phone screening followed by in person interview and edit test. The sorority girl HR rep was extremely unresponsive throughout the entire process. Company never bothered to tell me the outcome of the interview, despite multiple emails inquiring. This is rude.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mashable (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Casual phone interview with Recruiter followed by two rounds of in person interviews. I thought I vibed with everyone on the team but I was informed by HR 3 weeks later that I didn't get the gig.

Interview Questions

• Why is Mashable an attractive ad solution?   1 Answer

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mashable.

Interview

Applied online. Took months to get back to me. Standard phone interview from sorority HR girl. Met with editors at Mashable, after killer interview was reached the following week stating I did not receive the position. Having seen the ppl there and read other reviews I have a feeling my skin color had a part to play.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mashable (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

An hour long video interview. Using google hangout, the hiring managers and a few employees logged on and spoke with one after the other, which made for a more personal, though somewhat tiring, interview. Everyone was very nice and conversational. After the interview, they requested I fill out a fairly extensive writing test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Mashable?
      How do you keep up with trending topics?
      What media do you consume?
      What is your favorite social media platform?   Answer Question

Talent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mashable (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Started with a typical HR phone screen, followed by an invitation into the office to meet with both the recruiter and the SVP of operations. Overall a good experience with no curve balls thrown. Both interviewers were very nice and genuinely interested in learning about me.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mashable in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online through career site and received a reply within a couple of days to schedule a phone screen. Had to send multiple replies to hear back from HR before confirming a date for phone screen. Went in for an in-person interview with three team members. Interviewers were friendly and answered all my questions. Big plus for giving me a tour of their part of the office and introducing me to their team leader after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? What news do you keep up with? Nothing extraordinary.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mashable (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

While the company was very thorough & quick-to-respond in their application/interviewing process, it seemed a bit excessive for an internship. I had phone interviews, Skype calls and in-person interviews with multiple people before being offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell us an interesting fact about you in 100 words or less.   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mashable (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Was offered an in-person interview after applying online. Went to the NYC office for the interview and met with two different people in the department I applied to write for. They were both very nice and interested in my writing experience, as well as my personality in general. I was super comfortable around them and it was pretty clear by the end that we'd all clicked and that I'd probably get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What other websites do you read regularly? What's your social media presence like?   Answer Question

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mashable (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Was contacted via LinkedIn and encouraged to apply—months later I was given an HR screen via phone. I was then asked to come in and meet with the Editor. We talked for a bit, then she gave me the office tour and told me she would send me an edit test. I never received the test, and several followup emails (with the Editor and with HR) were ignored before I was told I was no longer under consideration (about 2 weeks later).