Mashable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mashable Interview Questions

Interviews at Mashable

2.7

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mashable.

Interview

Started off with a phone screen, followed by another phone conversation with the hiring manager, and a writing test. Then, an in-person in Mashable HQ. Overall, I was very pleased with this process. The recruiter and the hiring managers were very transparent, friendly, and open to answering any of my questions.

Interview Questions

• What brands do a really great job at social media?
      What attracted you to Mashable?
      What types of blogs do you follow?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Interview

Mashable has a great interview process. It was quick and average level of difficulty. I met with three team members and the entire process took about 90 minutes. They asked mostly background questions on my work history and experience but threw a few curve balls in there, as well. I had a very positive experience.

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mashable (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Was contacted via LinkedIn and encouraged to apply—months later I was given an HR screen via phone. I was then asked to come in and meet with the Editor. We talked for a bit, then she gave me the office tour and told me she would send me an edit test. I never received the test, and several followup emails (with the Editor and with HR) were ignored before I was told I was no longer under consideration (about 2 weeks later).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mashable (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

An hour long video interview. Using google hangout, the hiring managers and a few employees logged on and spoke with one after the other, which made for a more personal, though somewhat tiring, interview. Everyone was very nice and conversational. After the interview, they requested I fill out a fairly extensive writing test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Mashable?
      How do you keep up with trending topics?
      What media do you consume?
      What is your favorite social media platform?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mashable (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

This was actually a great interview process. People responded to me promptly from the moment I submitted my application online. It required 2 interviews and a writing sample. First interview was just a chat with the recruiter/more about logistics. Following that, I had an interview with my supervisor over skype which was definitely a bit more in depth/difficult but still only about 15 min. After that I was sent an assignment to complete which was basically collecting a selection of items that all pertained to one theme that I thought mashable readers would be interested in buying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mashable (New York, NY).

Interview

Went on interview was told they would contact me with an answer and never heard back even after emailing and calling.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mashable (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Relatively long online application submitted to Mashable's own website. Got a call back from a manager 1-2 weeks later. Phone interview with another manager that same week, then in-office interview 1 week later. Two 30 minute behavioral interviews in the office. First with Manager, then Associate Director. Was offered the position 1 day later.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mashable (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

While the company was very thorough & quick-to-respond in their application/interviewing process, it seemed a bit excessive for an internship. I had phone interviews, Skype calls and in-person interviews with multiple people before being offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell us an interesting fact about you in 100 words or less.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mashable in December 2014.

Interview

The entire process took a little over a month but was easy and straight forward. There is a skills assignment you are asked to complete. If you want the position you definitely will need to send a couple follow up emails. They are busy people and if you applied during the holidays, expect to do some gentle harassing. The interview overall was business casual.

Interview Questions

• None but be prepared to ask them questions. Interviews are a two way street.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mashable in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online through career site and received a reply within a couple of days to schedule a phone screen. Had to send multiple replies to hear back from HR before confirming a date for phone screen. Went in for an in-person interview with three team members. Interviewers were friendly and answered all my questions. Big plus for giving me a tour of their part of the office and introducing me to their team leader after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? What news do you keep up with? Nothing extraordinary.   Answer Question