Massey University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Massey University Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Massey University

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Massey University in February 2015.

Interview

There were 3 people interviewing the candidates. They will ask both general and technical questions. I listed the general questions below. For technical questions, they will give you different scenarios and ask what you would do. after the interview, they will contact you after the next two weeks to inform you their decisions.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Massey University.

Interview

After 2 months, I received a call, and had an interview with a lecturer (in person) and a would-be colleage (via skype)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You accept where you are placed on the scale salary.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmerston North (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Massey University (Palmerston North (New Zealand)) in January 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by two supervisors/professors. The interview was casual but informative and felt like an encouraging conversation instead of a nerve-wracking interrogation. We discussed my experience regarding forestry and life cycle assessment (i.e. the key attributes of the agencies that provided the PhD scholarship funding), my aspirations for pursuing a PhD, my career development path, any weaknesses or areas for improvement in forestry and life cycle assessment, etc. I was also offered a chance to ask the supervisors/professors any questions which I did as this showed my preparation for the interview. I asked them about where they felt most optimistic (regarding the fields of forestry and life cycle assessment) and where they felt these fields needed urgent attention.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do a PhD?   1 Answer