Masterminds Advertising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.9

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Masterminds Advertising (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview with two members of senior management, felt more like a conversation than an interview with a lot of room to ask questions. Cared more about who I was and what my actual experience was than my ability to answer standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What role do you usually play on a team project?   Answer Question
    • Were there any group projects you were a part of in college that you think will apply to a job here?   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Masterminds Advertising.

Interview

Applied online, heard back in a week. Interview was scheduled for a week later. Met with three people, all who were pretty friendly and conversational. Didn't get the job but they emailed me back letting me know their decision, which I appreciated since companies seem to enjoy being silent and leaving you wondering.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite ad campaigns? Why account management? Why Masterminds?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Masterminds Advertising.

Interview

Came in and met with account director. Interview was more like a conversation, which was nice. I didn't feel like I was being grilled the whole time. Upon second interview, met with 4 more members of the team, including the CEO, all of whom were very friendly. My offer letter was received less than a week later.

Negotiation

Masterminds doesn't really negotiate. They pay what they pay.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Masterminds Advertising (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their website. From there they reached out via email and we spoke a bit back and forth until we scheduled an in person interview. The final step was coming into the office for the interview with the department team you're applying for. Takes about a week or so to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Ask about your past experiences with school and other internships. What are you looking for in this internship? What are the specific areas you want to work in? The clients are mainly casinos - what ideas do you have? What do you know about casinos?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate,

Account Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Masterminds Advertising (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

After applying I received a phone call the next day. I set up and in person interview for the next week. After meeting 1:1 with an account executive I was told a decision would be made in the next two weeks. She assured me I would hear back about 2nd round interview decisions regardless of good or bad news. After waiting 3 weeks I decided to email myself and follow up about the position. I was told by the interviewer that a decision still had not been made. Three months later, I have still yet to hear.

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor City, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Masterminds Advertising (Egg Harbor City, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

In terms of interview style, this one was an boring/simple/average as you can get. You'll get called into their office which isn't on a GPS system, it's in the middle of nowhere near AC, it's cold and all you can do around there is work. Location is crap, unless you're a compulsive gambler.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here?   1 Answer
    • What are your biggest strength/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Masterminds Advertising (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

Got a phone call from a friend working there that I maybe getting a call from their boss about a job position open. Received phone call and quickly scheduled an interview for the following day. Left myself about 45 mins extra travel time in case I got lost. Got SUPER lost! - The place is not even right on the GPS at all and is located next to Pleasantville, NJ (notorious for their daily shootings!) -- they told me it was in Egg Harbor Township, which it might be, but its close to shootingsville and right across from the are DUMP (seriously, it smells like trash there, especially on rainy days!!) ... Got there on time after asking several people for directions (no one knew where this place was at) -- interview was very quick to my surprise, got a quick tour of the place (Place is decorated pretty nice - kinda 90s tho, but still decent)- Because interview was so quick, I thought I just didnt get the job -- got a call the next day and started working the following week.

Interview Questions

• Do you own your own vehicle and what kind of gas mileage do you got?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate anything - was told salary was firm and got the feeling negotiation would just make me a further unwanted candidate.