Match Charter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Match Charter Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Match Charter

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Match Charter (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

You are required to perform a teaching sample with current students in your selected subject and interview. Given 30 minutes to study a video that details how the information should be taught and then observed while teaching the lesson. The rest was very casual.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Match Charter (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and did a phone interview a couple weeks later. I came for an in person interview and toured the school, saw morning meeting, and observed a tutorial. I was asked to do a quick tutorial with a 2nd grade scholar. I then did an interview with the corps director and heard back later that day.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Match Charter (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was given a school tour, prep time, tutored students while being observed and then a debrief. I had lunch with a current tutor and was able to meet current teachers.

Interview Questions

• How are you prepared to work long hours in a gap year program while preparing you future career?   Answer Question

Match Corps Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Match Charter.

Interview

I submitted an online application, and received a call about a week later. Standard interview questions: what are your weaknesses, what are your strengths, why do you want to work at this school in particular. Had my site visit, about two months later (because of travel issues). It consisted of being taken around by a tutor, tutoring a student in a sample lesson, an interview with the director of the match corps and observing a tutorial. Got an offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had difficulty working with someone?   Answer Question
    • What was a time you had feedback and how did you react to it?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you could have done to solve your issues with your teammmate?   Answer Question

Match Corps Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Match Charter.

Interview

I was contacted quickly via email to set up an interview, and the phone interview took place within a week.

Interview Questions

• The interview itself was awkward- it felt like I was speaking with an automated machine rather than a person. The questions were relatively straightforward- why do you want to work here, what would be the biggest challenge, etc.   Answer Question

Match Corps Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Match Charter.

Interview

Phone interview and then full day in person at the school involving a tour of the school, classroom observance, and observed sample tutoring sessions

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Match Charter (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

First round was a phone interview. I was asked to describe a challenging situation and a situation when I had to react to feedback.
    On-site interview was half day long. They first showed me around--toured the school building. Then I was put in a classroom to observe a teacher teaching for about 30 minutes. The corps director greeted me after the session and asked me to talk about what I saw. Then I was put in another classroom to observe a 1st grade tutor session. Then I had to do my own with a 2nd grader (for less than 5 minutes). They gave me feedback after this and brought me another 2nd grader to do another session on the same material. Finally, I had a sit-down interview with the director. There were no trick questions.

Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica Plain, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Match Charter (Jamaica Plain, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

There was a phone interview and then a full-day, on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of tutoring sessions, a few one-on-one interviews, and downtime with students and current Corps members.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any trick questions; just be knowledgeable about MATCH and prepare like you would for any other interview.   Answer Question

Match Corp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Match Charter (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

I filled out an online application and then was invited to a phone interview. The phone interview was short about 20 minutes and consisted of asking questions about my background, why I was interested in Match, and my knowledge of the achievement gap and Match's school philosophy.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at Match Charter (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

Very long process. I flew in to Boston and my flight was delayed - I didn't arrive until 4 in the morning and my interview was at 8 am. No one asked me any personal questions (ie where i was from, how i was doing) and it was all business / go.. go.. go. I had several interviews, took a Spanish test, tutored a student, and taught a lesson to a teacher pretending to be a student. I think it gives good impression of what MATCH is like - if you like something that structured and intense, then it might be for you.