Max Muscle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Max Muscle Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Max Muscle

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Max Muscle (Columbia, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

The owner was a close friend and granted me the position based on my prior sales experience. I enjoyed working with the company but the business aspect was lacking. It became more of a personal pantry for supplements and really gouged the profit margins. Moreover, the associates were often blamed for this product loss. Discounts were often given to clients so frequently that it became expected overtime.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Max Muscle (Portland, OR) in August 2010.

Interview

I was told about this company through a co-worker. I contacted the owners through email; they both responded within 24 hours. I had a pre-screening over the phone with one of the men; he said he was excited about my resume, and wanted to set up a dinner interview. He was to call me at 6pm that following week.
    On the day of the interview, he did not call. Bad sign #1. I called him at 6:30pm to discuss our meeting location. We decided on a mutual agreed & familiar shopping center. There is a burger restaurant, Italian, pizza and a pub. I assume the Italian place would be the most appropriate, but they were waiting for me at the pub...Bad sign #2
    They asked me to sum up my resume, and when the waiter came around with menus, they said that we wouldn't be eating! Bad sign #3. I was shocked. I had not had dinner, because it was a dinner interview. Then the fun part...
    Questions like...
    If you don't drink protein shakes, then how can you sell protein shakes?
    What would you do if a body builder acts like you know nothing about health and nutrition?
    Ridiculous questions considering that I am the top sales person at all of my jobs, and have a degree in Nutrition and Lifestyle. Bottom line, they are looking for looks, not talent. One of the owners even confessed to having muscle dysmorphia, claiming that all men did (I strongly disagree, as this is a psychological problem).
    Then, they said that I should just go on and meet the manager of the store on Tuesday, and then decide. I called on monday to set up an appt with the Manager. The number for that store was disconnected, so I called the owner, and asked for the correct number. He never returned my call.
    About a week later, the owners son called to schedule another interview, but failed to leave a phone number. Needless to say, I did not go out of my way to call him back.

If yor BMIs above 25, don't apply with this company; they want their employees to look like Steroidal Kens and Barbies ,with about the same IQ preferably so they can teach you their Essential 6, which they drink coke (or were they rum and coke)?

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a big body builder came to your store, and talked to you like you didn't known anything?   1 Answer
    • Since you don't consume diary or egg, how will you be able to sell a protein shake?   1 Answer
    • What type of exercise do you do?   1 Answer