McCain Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.9

Sealer Operating Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rice Lake, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McCain Foods (Rice Lake, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Didn't get a interview because they already have the top three people they had picked out already even though I had experience. They need to interview every single person that has applied for a position rather then pick and choose who they want.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rice Lake, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McCain Foods (Rice Lake, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Went over job details , pay rate , hours of work , changes that were coming soon going to 12 hours . Health insurance coverage and opportunities with in the company of growth .

Interview Questions

• If I could stand long period of time   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McCain Foods in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. HR called for first Interview which included basic questions such pay, location etc., Second interview was with Hiring Manager, followed by Onsite Interview. After a week spoke to a Senior Manager. 3 weeks later got offer

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McCain Foods (Lisle, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

pleasant 30 minute phone interview with one of the supervisors in the department then was scheduled for an in person interview with 3 persons in the department culminating with the dept manager

Interview Questions

• Respond to this email even though you probably don't understand what they are asking   1 Answer
    • I asked them about internal promotions and the manager's response was that this dept was the lowest paid dept and there was no where to go in the company because,quote;well, she wasnt going anywhere so there is no where else to move up end quote
      RED FLAG ALERT
      Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McCain Foods (Niles, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screen, which lasted about an hour. The interviewer was engaging and asked relevant questions. I was brought in for a second in person interview which was with 2 employees from the HR department. The interviewers were also engaging, asked mostly behavioral based and previous experience questions. I was called back for a 1:1 interview with the director of HR. This was also an enjoyable interview. All the employees seemed interested and down to earth, explaining the functions of the position with a realistic viewpoint. I was contacted with in 2 weeks for the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever wished you did something differently when ending a company project?   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McCain Foods (Lisle, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Following a phone screen, I had an in-person panel interview, including behavioral behavioral interview questions, as well as a case study that I'd received in advanced. While this interview was a structured format, it was still a fairly informal dialog. While the team used structured questions, the culture was much less formal. Following a successful panel interview, I also had two very informal meetings with senior leaders that were conversational and seemed more intended to determine cultural fit. I had the impression that they were wanting to provide an opportunity for me to interview them, as well as them interviewing me. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Pleas give us an example of how you've shown entrepreneurial experience.   Answer Question

Inspector/Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, ME

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McCain Foods (Easton, ME) in February 2013.

Interview

Easy, direct questions. Most questions pertained to basic work values. Human resource Manager was conducting the interview. The other HR personal were freindly and helpful. Interview included a walking tour of the plant.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McCain Foods (Appleton, WI) in February 2012.

Interview

very pleasant but thorough. It included many steps including drug screening and several other testes with several levels of people. There was also pre screening via phone and I had to come back. Everyone was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What was your most pressing failure and how did you overcome it.   1 Answer

Salary wasn't right for me at the time

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McCain Foods (Lisle, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

Phone interview rescheduled three times; interviewer spoke more about their background then asking questions regarding mine; two questions on phone interview; 1/2 day session at location

Warehouse/Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McCain Foods (Appleton, WI) in February 2010.

Interview

Very Basic questions, not at all future oriented, basically "are you a warm body, who will be here?" One interview, hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• Ridiculous questions "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, fixed pay scale