McCann Worldgroup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.8

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Was prepped by the recruiter to go in and talk all strategy. The hiring manager/Regional Director wanted to make sure the right candidate had strategic chops. The interview went well, good synergy and discussed next steps. Next in line was to meet the Global Director and then the President. Global Director was 20 minutes late to the interview, was super nice, but barely asked anything challenging. You would assume it was one direction or another at that point - a courtesy/cultural fit interview or you were the back-up candidate to someone else they were going to hire. When I asked about the Global Director's experience, they spent a good chunk of the hour talking about themselves and some related small talk. I'm pretty self-aware and can pick up on small cues, so I walked out knowing there wouldn't be an offer, which honestly was fine. The Global Director made a comment about "inserting themselves" into this job search when usually they wouldn't be involved. Any savvy candidate can read between the lines and interpret that there's some toe stepping or trust issues between a manager and a direct report with a comment like that (learned after the fact, that's pretty reflective of their current culture). Global Director was perfectly pleasant, but it was more of advice session than an interview. It was a blessing in disguise since after the fact, a former colleague who currently works there said there were major morale issues and not a good environment to be in and that they were looking to leave because of it. All in all, the process was not too lengthy and I did not feel dragged along. After some further inflection, I'm not sure I would have accepted the offer had there been one based on other intel.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup.

Interview

Applied online, then had a Skype interview. After the Skype interview, I never heard back even after reaching out to ask about my candidacy. The interviewer was nice and said they would get back to me in a few days but then I never heard anything

Art Director Interview

Interview

Thorough. I was interviewed twice, first by my direct supervisor, and next the ECD. They asked many questions that are relevant to the job title. They were both nice people. It was a good exprerience overall.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup.

Interview

Just basic questions regarding my previous work experiences and why I'd want to become an account executive. Just basic questions regarding my previous work experiences and why I'd want to become an account executive. Just basic questions regarding my previous work experiences and why I'd want to become an account executive.

CSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

First a couple of phone interviews and then half day at their offices interviewing with 4 different people. Follow up calls and additional interview. They "loved me" until they confess I was a back up candidate to a guy that received already an offer well before I even started the process.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup in February 2016.

Interview

Waste of time.

Senior Director contacted me for an "interview". I ask which position she will be interviewing me for, no response. Coordinator set up the interview, I had to ask her twice about which position she is interviewing me. Then finally she answered.

At the interview, The director said "I am just exploring, not necessarily looking to hire".

Why cant you just have a phone screen instead of telling me to travel in the rain and cold just to give me a "you do not have enough experience" when you already have my resume in hand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and was contacted within two weeks. I had a phone interview, and went in to meet with two different teams. Scheduling to meet with the head of account management took the most time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and contacted by HR. Interviewed in-person with two members of the team. Pretty standard interview questions but whole process felt very impersonal. Interviewers had not reviewed application documents beforehand and felt like they were making things up along the way.

Assistant Media Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup.

Interview

Quick response from HR on setting up a phone interview. HR was really easy to speak. Interview was about 30 minutes. Questions were simple and it was a nice conversation with them. Was told that it would be one of a few interviews if my resume was chosen by the media department.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was a two part process; the first interview comprised of three sets of HR personell (Generalists & Business Rep.) then I was interviewed by the Assistant Training Director. The second interview was briefly with the Assistant Training Director then the Training Director. Overall it was a through interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that you needed to resolve?   1 Answer