McGuireWoods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at McGuireWoods

2.6

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGuireWoods (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Went through a three week interview process, in which i drove 8 hours roundtrip multiple times for. They drew out the process a long time due to the holiday season and were slow to alert me that I had been passed over.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions; lots more detail expected   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Interview

Scheduled phone screening interview the day after I submitted the application. Didn't hear anything for roughly six weeks before getting a call to schedule an in person. Didn't hear anything for another month after the in person interview. Got a call for a second in person for a different department.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. Both interviews were more of a conversation just to see if they could bare spending time with you.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGuireWoods.

Interview

Phone interview with Paralegal Manager. Asked you why you are looking and what can you contribute to this position. They really wanted to get a sense of your drive and long term goals. They want to hear that you are willing to work hard and be a self starter. A week later they invited me to their office for an in person interview with the attorneys. I have to come in two separate times because not all attorneys are available on the same day which was a bit in inconvenient. We met in a conference room and I was interviewed by two attorneys each time. Over all the process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why are you leaving? Describe your current responsibilities. What do you like to do for fun? It was more of a conversation as oppose to a list of behavioral questions which I liked.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGuireWoods (Charlotte, NC) in May 2008.

Interview

Met with attorneys for dinner, night before. Some questions about work experieence, then met with team following day. Follow up phone interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at McGuireWoods (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Casual first interview after email exchange/introduction. Met 4 attorneys and had pretty casual conversation about interests, firm culture, hiring needs, partnership and non-partnership advancement tracks, etc. It was a friendly vibe.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGuireWoods (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The interview process was relatively simple. I interviewed with a partner one-on-one first and then my callback interview was with the entire practice group. It was nice to meet all of the attorneys who I would be working with if I got the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience and what I liked to do in my free time.   Answer Question

Staff Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McGuireWoods (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Was called by internal recruiter and did a phone interview. Called for in person interview the following week. Met with the hiring manager for 30 minutes and was called for a second interview the following week. Met with 4 attorneys and was contacted by the recruiter later that day to get permission to check my references. Was offered the position a week later. Whole process took about 3 weeks between initial interview and offer

Case Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGuireWoods in November 2015.

Interview

My first phone call was with an HR recruiter and well, but my second interview was a week later on the phone as well and was very formal. There was no conversation really; pretty much just question and answer. A month later I received a call from HR again asking me to come in the following week for an in-person, final interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about experience with specific case types and software   1 Answer
    • The in person interview was very relaxed. I met with two attorneys who gave me an overview of the position and I think they were trying to get a feel for who I was and what it would be like to have me working for them. It was a very pleasant interview.   Answer Question

Case Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGuireWoods.

Interview

The first interview is a phone interview with the hiring recruiter and if you pass that interview then you will interview with the recruiters supervisor. The third interview will be a group interview with the colleagues you will potentially be working with.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding salary. Describe a situation at work and how you handled it type of questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Interview

The recruiter set up a phone interview with me, then canceled it with almost no notice (the morning of.) This was right before Christmas, so it was hard to reschedule. We finally did, meaning that I had to find an excuse to be away from work * a second time* and the interview went fine, she asked for writing samples, and then ghosted me. Ignored several emails from me asking for an update. Could not be bothered to spend 30 seconds hitting "reply," even after how much she had inconvenienced me. I never heard back. Thanks a lot, recruiter.