McKinney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinney Interview Questions

Media Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC).

Interview

Interview process included an initial HR phone call, video interview, and then Skype interviews with members of different teams. The internship program allows one applicant can apply to multiple teams. Had interviews with both media planning and project management teams.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinney (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was very conversational. I met with two people from the account team and they asked me questions based on my resume. They wanted to make sure that I would be a good fit for the agency.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are you interested in working for McKinney?
      Q: What are your interests outside of advertising?
      Q: Why are you interested in account management?
      Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC).

Interview

I went in for several interview over the course of a couple days. All were in person with people I'd be directly working with across all departments. Everyone was pretty friendly. I have a feeling it was more of a personality check than a skills check.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, what is your favorite ad campaign, etc. So fairly standard and straightforward interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Account Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinney.

Interview

Very laid back interview with 4 members of the Account Planning Department. More like a conversation. Come prepared with intelligent questions and conversation starters. They interview a lot of people for the internships in a short amount of time so try not to play it too safe, be bold, stand out and MOST IMPORTANTLY be yourself because it will show if you're not.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I spoke on the phone with people for about 3 hours total. I spoke to 3 different people and it was one of the best interviews of my life. I was actually laughing on the phone with them. They took great care to make sure I had all my questions answered.

Account Planning Interview

Interview

I received the opportunity to interview a few weeks after submitting an online application. The interview was very relaxed and fun. It was definitely more of a dialogue than a Q&A interview, and I felt extremely comfortable throughout the entire conversation.

Interview Questions

• If you could travel to a different time period in history, what year (and where) would you go to? Why?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Met with various departments who asked me questions about my experience and knowledge of working in an agency environment, understanding of managing and coordinating creative work and the different PM softwares and tools that I had used.

Interview Questions

• What was the most interesting project that you have worked on?   1 Answer

Art Direction Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

I had already interned at McKinney once before this interview process so it was relatively easy. You meet with 2/3 people in your relative field and it is a more "tell us about yourself" interview. They find a quiet place in the agency and have a honest conversation. The employees seem like they are really trying to get a read on you which is nice. Just present yourself as someone who they want to hire and you should make a impression.

Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinney.

Interview

Emailed HR, got an email within 5 minutes to set up an interview, went in the next day and was interviewed by 5 different people which seemed a bit overkill as they all asked me the same thing, and was ultimately hired. But this is highly unusual in terms of speed and procedure. I just happened to have exactly the experience they needed to fill two days after someone else quit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated, got a pay bump. Better salary compared to other smaller agencies in the area.

Freelance Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Met with four people (on three separate interviews) on Talent Coordination team. All were extremely nice and welcoming. Office space is amazing and conducive to creativeness. Company seems to have exciting opportunities and clients. Employees seem happy and enjoy working there. The campus is on American Tobacco campus, which has great restaurants, cafes and open areas.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was prepared to be managed. (I have owned my own business for several years).   1 Answer