McKinney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinney Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinney

Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinney.

Interview

Emailed HR, got an email within 5 minutes to set up an interview, went in the next day and was interviewed by 5 different people which seemed a bit overkill as they all asked me the same thing, and was ultimately hired. But this is highly unusual in terms of speed and procedure. I just happened to have exactly the experience they needed to fill two days after someone else quit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated, got a pay bump. Better salary compared to other smaller agencies in the area.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter and in-person interviews with five different people. Interview was a pleasant experience - very laid back and conversational. A few of the folks were late and were very rushed with me, but overall it was decent. However, there was no follow up from McKinney once the interview process was over. I did email the recruiter, who told me she would let me know something the following week. That was six weeks ago.

Interviewing is stressful and some candidates have to jump through hoops just to make it to the interview. Taking time off work, buying new clothes or even arranging child care can make an interview a huge chore for someone. Then there are the hours spent preparing and researching for the interview. To have someone come in for a series of interviews and not follow up is unacceptable. I'm glad that I obviously did not get the job because I would never want to work for a company that has such poor regard for potential employees. Also, the salary is low and the hours are high. Not worth it in my opinion, especially for an agency with a copycat reputation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by two professionals. My interviewers were polite and ontime. They asked typical questions, and then out of the box odd questions as well. The office in Durham was really cool!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you won the lottery and money was no longer and issue in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online because I liked the work that McKinney has done and wanted to intern at the company. I was emailed by an HR associate and we set up a phone interview. I was then scheduled for a series of two interviews with people on the team I would be working with.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinney (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was very conversational. I met with two people from the account team and they asked me questions based on my resume. They wanted to make sure that I would be a good fit for the agency.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are you interested in working for McKinney?
      Q: What are your interests outside of advertising?
      Q: Why are you interested in account management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I spoke on the phone with people for about 3 hours total. I spoke to 3 different people and it was one of the best interviews of my life. I was actually laughing on the phone with them. They took great care to make sure I had all my questions answered.

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC).

Interview

I received an email the same week I applied and was asked to do a phone screening with HR. She was extremely pleasant and set up a call with the hiring manger the next day. Thereafter, I was asked to come in for an on-site interview to meet the team(s). I met with (what felt like the entire company) for four and a half hours. Everyone was extremely nice, seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say and I even received a tour of the campus. Nonetheless, I never heard back, didn’t even receive the generic email saying “thank you, but no thank you.” It would’ve been great to receive feedback after being invited to such a long on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Some of the same questions were asked repeatedly, mostly industry standard, some behavioral, but definitely make sure you go prepared to talk about your experiences in thorough detail.

If you were planning a campaign from scratch, what would you need from the client to get started?   1 Answer

McKinney Response

Feb 23, 2018 – Recruiter

I am the recruiter who facilitated this interview, and typically our follow through is honest and prompt. Unfortunately, shortly after this interview I came down with a horrible case of the flu... More

Media Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC).

Interview

Interview process included an initial HR phone call, video interview, and then Skype interviews with members of different teams. The internship program allows one applicant can apply to multiple teams. Had interviews with both media planning and project management teams.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

The first interview session I met with two women 1:1- the woman in charge of internships and a women on their talent management team. When I got called back to the second interview session I met with with people from the account that I wanted to work on. Conversation was casual- they were both extremely easy to talk to- no questions that were out of the blue- Whats my favorite brand? What is my favorite commercial right now? Why did I want to intern with McKinney? Why did I want to work no that specific account, etc.

Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

Long day of about 10 interviews, each a half hour or more. I interviewed with a wide range of employees, from creative to media to account to strategy. I also met with a lot of the agency leadership, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• No curveballs, all the questions were kind of what you would expect.   Answer Question