Meals on Wheels America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 27, 2017

2.7

Food Delivery Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meals on Wheels America (Lynchburg, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

They were very friendly and professional. Everyone involved with the job was present and helpful. They went through all of the job requirements in detail. Though I was not hired, the lady in charge called me in person and explained that another applicant had more experience.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any experience or education of social work?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meals on Wheels America (Albany, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Very no nonsense, to the point and if you didn't have an answer they were looking for, there really was an official frown. It was quite evident from the beginning that they were looking for a multi faceted person with lots of computer skills. The local office I interviewed with is way behind the times, needs 40 year updating. Salary was skimpy, responsibility was enormous and I found out that if a meals driver doesn't show, I would have to get in my car and go do the route. Hmmm.

Interview Questions

• If hired, what would you do to contribute to the vision of Meals on Wheels?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meals on Wheels America.

Interview

I submitted my application through Idealist and heard back roughly 2 months later for a phone interview. I was then scheduled for a second interview with two members of the team which was to take place over Skype but due to technical difficulties this was changed to a phone interview. I received an offer following second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• General talk about your relevant experiences and why you want to intern at MOWA.   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Meals on Wheels America (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied online through Craigslist. They called me for a simple phone interview; more than anything to see if I would be interested in the job. I think they also wanted to make sure I would be okay with the offer they were making (which was set, with no possibility of a raise). I decided to go ahead with it, since it was a good amount. The day after, I went in for an interview with the Program director and the business manager. The interview questions were the norm of what you would hear in any other interview. The two people that interviewed me were professional and very honest with what the job required. After, they took me on a tour of the facility. I was able to ask questions, and they were able to answer them, and at the end of that week I received a call for an offer.

Marketing & Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meals on Wheels America (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed and received an email back around a week later asking for a phone interview. I had one phone interview, lasting around 20-30 minutes about myself and my experiences/skills. I then received an offer within the week and started 2 weeks later.

Grant Writing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meals on Wheels America (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Typical interview process. I met with the hiring manager one on one. She asked typical questions, what am I in school for, what is my interest in non-profits, etc. It was short and to the point. The location did not have great parking

Interview Questions

• Do you have a writing example   1 Answer

STATISTICS DATA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meals on Wheels America (Syracuse, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I went to a conference room to do a basic question based job interview. The interviewer should be two people, but I don't know why just one recruiter give me the interview. The interview is about 15 minutes. Ask a lot of questions based on the resume and statistic skills.

Interview Questions

• To do a introduction about yourself
      Question based on the resume
      Question about statistic skills
      Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Meals on Wheels America in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. The hardest question asked was what I would plan for a capstone idea at the end of my internship. Because they mobilize a lot of volunteers, my capstone idea was related to that.

Interview Questions

• What would you do as a capstone project for the conclusion of your interview at Meals on Wheels of America?   1 Answer

Volunteer Intern Engagement Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meals on Wheels America (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The initial communication was via email and we basically scheduled an in-person interview during that conversation. During the in-person interview, they asked questions about yourself, your job experiences, and your educational background. The process was easy and straight-forward. As long as you have some of the qualifications that they are looking for you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• How I relate my previous job experience with the current position that I'm applying for.   Answer Question

Nutrition Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Meals on Wheels America (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Two interviews with the President of the Nutrition staff department and another with the nutrition department manager. Mainly, they wanted to know if you were good fit for the actual position and the situations you would be put in.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can meet the learning curve of this job?   Answer Question