Meineke Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meineke Interview Questions

1.7

Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meineke (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Store manager had me conduct a working interview, which is quite common for technicians applying for a job/position in most shops. I conducted 3 oil changes ranging on a newer Subaru Legacy, a 98 Ford F-150, then a Volvo . That lasted about 2 hours total. So if applying, bring a tool bag with wrenches and especially your OBD scanner. Wear black pants and a dark button up shirt reflecting the work uniform at Meineke. It was a laid back atmosphere despite the steady work flow. Everyone is professional and friendly, including the lead tech and store manager. Shop was surprisingly clean and clutter free. I was told by the store manger I will definitely be getting a phone call next week, hopefully this will be an official job offer !

Interview Questions

• The first and most important question they will ask you is what is your experience, while looking at your resume. I was honest, told them I let my ASE expire but will recertify in September. I think what they value the most is your appearance, clean shaven, good attitude and expressing a willingness to learn, and progressing on your ASE certifications. Meineke is the smaller sector of car repair shop chains. But they are out to make a statement of better than average customer service and not sell you something your vehicle does not need. That's the atmosphere I see there, and I like it !   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Meineke (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

they asked me what exxperience i had and i dont know if i am going to stay with them or become service manager at a place i was offered 90k is this fiffty wordsi know dont really know if that is it no or not the poin i that i dont really give a im sorry i guess that was a bad word are there any iother bad wordst if it is fifty words or not though ya no what i am saying

Interview Questions

• if i was willing to travel or not   1 Answer

Negotiation

thenegotitation was one or five fwords so i can see th eother stuff guess that i have to writer fifty words here and i guess that i will becasue i want to know how mych money that i will be making at this company so please just let this be it preetty please man come on

Service Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meineke (Aurora, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

I responded by email to an ad on CL and the owner emailed and called me to set up an interview. I even missed the first one due to my husband leaving the hospital unexpectedly, she was very nice and we rescheduled for the next day where I filled out the app and we spoke about business and I received a tour. not to long after I received a call from the owner asking me if I was still interested and I accepted she even gave a start date for a week out which gave me time to really prepare for the other things I had to do as well.

Interview Questions

• It was very informal and we had a conversation about saving money and good work ethics.   1 Answer

Regional Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Meineke (Charlotte, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR representative, followed by a phone interview with the VP of Marketing. Next was a face-to-face interview with the entire team (5 total including VP). I was asked about my salary several times, and even asked at the end how much notice I'd need to give my current employers. I was told I'd hear something in the next day or two about next steps but I heard nothing. Even though I followed up immediately after the interview with a thank you email and hand written note.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meineke (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

very basic review, did not require any background in industry. I applied, returned for an interview with the lead mechanic who was running things for the owner, he had knowledge of how the business worked and how to keep everything going. After the initial interview I was given the job overview and offered the positon.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work in the automotive industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations, I liked what they were offering and accepted

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meineke (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

Basic interview asking about my prior experience with sales and if I could work with a team. Nothing too complicated or difficult in terms of questions. Additionally, a personality quiz was given to assess myself and if I would fit into the sales and advertising team.

Interview Questions

• How much experience have you had in sales? If you haven't, have you had any relevant education or certification training in sales?   Answer Question

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meineke (Peoria, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

I went to Peoria to look for a job. Wes needed another Mechanic on the fly so he hired me on the spot. He said that if I wasn't qualified we would know after a few weeks. I have been there for 9 months now.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have in the field.   1 Answer