Menchie's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Menchie's (Encino, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume and the next day I had a phone interview. The interview was really easy and it consisted of asking if i knew about the company and what I do at my current job. They said they would call back. A week later I get scheduled for an in person interview for the following day. I arrived 15 min early, they made me fill out an application. I waited for my interviewer but he was no where to be found. 15 min go by and I get interviewed by someone else. The person seemed like they were ready to go home more than anything. During interviews I asked about possibility of advancement, none, and we'll as pay 42k... Not worth it. Declined more interviews.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, CA

Application

I interviewed at Menchie's (Brentwood, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

There was a big group interview first, then a one on one interview if you get a call back. Friendly and casual. More questions about situations and future expectations than past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, to the point and no surprises.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menchie's in September 2014.

Interview

It consist of two interviews, the first one being the group interview and they ask you very general questions and we were not required to answer all the questions if we didnt want to, then I had a second interview immeadiately after the first (which is supposed to be 1 on 1 but it was 4 on 1) and i wasnt asked many questions except about my availability. I still havent be contacted about whether or not i got the job and they said they would contact me soon.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you undercharged a customer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menchie's.

Interview

Ive not been hired yet but I had a phone call interview the other day that only took about 5 minutes. The lady was really sweet and nice. I go in for a face to face interview this wednesday!

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the hardest thing about working at Menchies?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Menchie's.

Interview

Ok so this interview was so detailed and in depth that you would have thought that I was being interviewed for a major company where my salary would be reaching triple digits. My Menchie's sent out a mass email to people who had applied online and informed them that we would doing a group interview on a Saturday and to come into the store wearing business casual attire. When I got there they had us fill out a form explaining our hours and a name tag. The owner then proceeded to take all 12 of us to the back room and ask us questions that were so weird and somewhat intrusive. Some questions included asking multiple times how we would be getting to work and why did we need to drive to work if we lived just 5 minutes away from the store. Other questions included what is your favorite movie and explain your dream job. She asked us about 10 questions and had everyone answer them, so this part of the interview took an HOUR!! By this time I'm thinking that the interview should be over, boy was I wrong. We were then split up into 2 separate groups and both owners questioned us. We spent 20 minutes with one owner answering random questions and another 20 minutes answering questions with the other owner. They then discussed store policy and that we would be have to pass 2 different tests to still even qualify for the job, the tests included how to operate the cash register and the history/ products behind Menchie's. The interview process took 2 HOURS!!! I thought I was just applying for a simple frozen yogurt job, but obviously they take this whole interview process wayyyy to seriously! As we left the store everyone was complaining about how over the top and unnecessary the whole experience was, so just be aware that when you apply you better be prepared.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Menchie's in August 2015.

Interview

I applied to Menchies online and got offered an interview thirty minutes later. The interview was ok. Had to wait 20 minutes because the other girl being interviewed before me took so long. The establishment was just about to open next month. The owner and her daughter were friendly but fake. The interview took ten minutes and it ended with her asking if I had any questions. Afterwards she said she would be in touch. She never called. I waited a week, phoned her, and she informed she had called all the people she was going to hire.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Menchie's (Huntington Beach, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied and sent in my resume online. Got an email back within a week. Came in for my first interview with one of the owners. Basic interview questions. Just smile a lot and be very bubbly. Had to pass the "bubble test" where I stood in the bubble with the cash registers and greeted the next person that walked in by saying "Welcome to Menchie's!". As long as you sound loud and confident, you will do great. After a couple of days I came back in for a second interview with the other owner (they're a married couple) and was asked more specific questions about my work history. Pretty easy stuff. I was asked to be a part of their team immediately after that interview.

Interview Questions

• If a little kid dropped their yogurt, what would you do?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Menchie's in January 2015.

Interview

I called the store after turning in my application. The manager said to come the next day at 12 for the interview. When I got there, the interview took place in the back room. Lots of questions about character.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Menchie's (Detroit, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

easy, nothing much to expect, they just ask when you are available, are you willing to work nights and weekends, then they tell you the pay and thats about it

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menchie's.

Interview

Easy interview. I was offered a position that I didn't necessary apply for. The woman who interviewed me was kind and was willing to work with me. Fun environment as well.