Mercy College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercy College Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.6

Adjunct Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercy College.

Interview

Not much of an interview. I met with several faculty members and was asked several questions about my experience and teaching philosophy. I was informed that I would receive a call if they were interested. They called back several hours later.

PACT Counselor Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercy College.

Interview

First interview with the Associate and Assistant Director of PACT. Second interview with the Dean of student affairs. Interview was set up where it felt more like a conversation than just answer a list of questions.

Interview Questions

• What are some trends in higher education that you are passionate about?   Answer Question

Admission Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy College.

Interview

Their process was quick. Heard back within two weeks of applying online. Had two phone interviews. first was an initial meeting. The second they basically offered the position but wanted me to know up front that the salary was low, which ultimately made me not proceed.

Interview Questions

• How did you find this position?   1 Answer

Admissions Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy College.

Interview

Absolutely horrendous. The entire interview process was a joke. Between having both of my skype interviews rescheduled last minute (literally minutes before my interview), and having each interview barely last 15 minutes the entire process just seemed extremely unprofessional. The actual interview was easy, but dealing with the organization was frustrating. I ended up taking off for the interviews and then they ended up having to reschedule.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work in Admissions?"
      "Why do you want to work at Mercy College?"
      "Would you be comfortable driving around to different High Schools recruiting students?"
      "What do you think the most challenging aspect of this position would be for you?"
      Answer Question

PACT Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy College (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Went to the main campus. Interviewed with two Assistants and then two Directors. The Assistants stuck to the script and asked the questions on their list. They were very direct and stern. Waited for about a half an hour for the interview with the Directors which was more conversational and genuine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is a project that you completed that you are proud about?
      A higher education trend that you are passionate about?
      What are the top needs for first generation college students?
      A time when you had a disagreement with your co-workers or working a part of a team
      How much are you looking for as a salary? ..job pays 35,000 are you ok with that?
      Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy College.

Interview

HR scheduled my first interview incorrectly and had to cancel day before, which I took off from work for. Never left voicemail for me about this. Had to call the morn of. Interviewer seemed very unorganized, disrespectful, and unprofessional. I declined the offer after researching on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• My experience in the field, one character quality I would use to describe myself, etc   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercy College (Dobbs Ferry, NY).

Interview

No assistance with travel to and from the on-campus interview. No offer to cover *any* costs, no pick-up at the entrance or escort to the exit, not even a map to assist with directions. All interview-related payment & planning done entirely by me, the candidate.

Interview Questions

• During the brief interview with the Dean, she asked me directly about my salary expectations. Although money was not what I had intended to discuss, I answered with my best estimate of the average academic salary in my field. Her response? "We can't afford you."   1 Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy College (Bronx, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview. They didnt ask any tough questions. The interview didn't feel scripted. It was super laid back and felt more like a conversation with a friend. However, I left feeling unsure until I got the email with the offer.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy College (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Very easy,
    i was actually hired before the interview based on credentials. The interview was more about getting to know me a little. I think they want to find out if you are too crazy to do the job, or flakey and might leave. Since adjunct professors are somewhat disposable, I think there selection is more based on your reference letters than anything else.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercy College (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Human Resources Dept. had no idea this position needed filling; online application form was an illogical, antiquated nightmare, suitable only for those who stayed in the same job or same kind of job for years at a time--like in the 1950s! There was no way to include other kinds of information, & they won't accept paper. Submitting CV to them was useless. I contacted academic departments directly & got 3 positive responses! Interviewed on Friday, started teaching Tuesday, with not enough information.

Negotiation

No negotiation. The position pays $2000. (Interviewer even acknowledged that the pay was "insulting!!)