Merry Maids Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

1.7

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Blaine, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. She didn't ask me typically interviews questions like "Why should we hire you" and etc. Also, I got the job on the spot and start on Monday!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any other questions about this job?   1 Answer

Team Mate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merry Maids (New York, NY).

Interview

Very short and to the point with explanation of job expectations, duties, daily procedures etc. Interview questions and background information. Questions regarding professional background and paperwork. Watching videos if immediately hired and introduction to office personnel

Interview Questions

• Do you have ever your own vehicle with insurance   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cameron Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Cameron Park, CA).

Interview

I had 2 interviews, the first with Jennifer who was very nice and gave us a run down of what is expected, and then an interview with Luda who was also very friendly and asked a lot of questions about me to get to know my interests, dislikes.

Interview Questions

• They asked the steps to clean a bathroom, what I would start and where I would finish.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Wilmington, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I was brought in fairly quickly. Paperwork was retrieved and the supervisor went over all the details of the job with me. There is tons and tons of paperwork to sign and date .Once the drug screen results come back in they will contact you to begin the new worker orientation. During the first few weeks you will be paid hourly after that you will be paid based on commission.

Interview Questions

• How I cleaned, what my cleaning experience was   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is NO negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Winter Haven, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Winter Haven, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I called to see if they were hiring . A lady said yes come in before 3:00 to fill out an app. I went up there immediately and was greeted by two nice lady's Kim and Angle. They gave me a one piece of paper application very easy to fill out. I gave it back and Angle said when the big boss gets back I'll give you a call. She got the go ahead to bring me in. Angle interviews me and an hr later I got the job. I filled out about ten pieces of paper watched videos and answered questions. Then the next day went out on the job for training . Hard work but goes by fast. Long trips to the homes .

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation   1 Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merry Maids (North Richland Hills, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview started on time, which is a major plus. The manager that interviewed me was pleasant and put me at ease. She started by going over my application and discussing my resume with me. She listened to my answers to her questions.

Interview Questions

• Was this just a job to me or was it a potential career?   Answer Question

Team Mate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Fargo, ND) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied in person. Had to keep calling back for almost a month, because she told me she would get ahold of me to set up an interview when she had time, and said she kept forgetting every time I called. Was then told they actually didn't need anybody for another 2 weeks so I had to wait and scallops back again.

Interview Questions

• How long will you be with he company? Do you have a car with insurance? Can you do a physically demanding job? Do you have any cleaning experience? Are you available full time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Vacaville, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, you go in and they have you fill out one of their application and its about a 15 minute interview. They will hire you as long as you have a clean driving record and drug test. They just want to know you enjoy cleaning.

Interview Questions

• Can you work full time? What days are you available? When can you start?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Warrenton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Warrenton, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very simple- I applied online, heard back in a few days and the interview was quick. This was probably because the company was severely understaffed, but I took it in stride. I felt a bit more nervous than I have in other interviews because the manager invited the secretary to listen in as well.

Interview Questions

• Have you professionally cleaned before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Concord, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I responded to an inquiry online, emailing the recruiter my resume and cover letter. I got a call the next day to "come in and apply." I walked into the office, filled out the application, and after a few questions was summarily hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience cleaning?   1 Answer