Method Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Method Studios

2.0

CG Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Method Studios (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

My professor recommended me to the company and they scheduled a interview quickly.
    After the interview they said that they were interest to bring me to the company but I guess because the recruiter staff has lack of organization this didn't happen until now. They never really gave me an answer why I wasn't accepted anymore. Besides that the company seams a nice place to work.

Interview Questions

• Talk about my background
      What was my interests in this career?
      How quick would I model a laptop?   Answer Question

CG Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Method Studios (New York, NY).

Interview

I was given a referral from a current employee at method. A week later I was contacted by a scheduler. I then was asked to come in to talk to a vfx sup, and the department lead. We chatted, a mix of personality exposure, technical talk to do with my role, and explanation of method itself. I waited a day and was asked for my rate. I had one rebuttal and settled on their offer. I had to take a drug test, which was concerning, but other staff employees assured me it was nothing to worry about.

CG Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Method Studios (Remote, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was super easy. Mostly based on CV and Demoreel. It was conducted with the VFX supervisor, the producer and a couple of recruiting people. After the interview we process the visa, which at that time only took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Comment on reel shots. Comment on what would like/do to contribute to the show. Comment on previous experience as supervisor....   Answer Question

3D Artist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Method Studios.

Interview

Recruiters sent us email asking our availability and salary info. After quickly replying, I never heard from them again. This is one of the most unprofessional recruiters I ever experienced. I think they mass email everyone and randomly select someone blindfolded. If you are responding to an applicant that you have shown interest, at least respond that you have other candidates better suited than kept then hanging. This makes your studio look really bad at getting good talents.

Freelance Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Method Studios.

Interview

Was a pretty easy process. I first had a phone interview, and then was later asked to come in for an in person interview with the department managers. Both interactions were laid back and casual. They offered me the job about a week later. The entire process took about 3 weeks.

Senior Lighting Artist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Method Studios.

Interview

I thought I am a perfect fit. We chatted about technology,films and my experience. I never heard back from them. The recruiter contacted me after I sent her an email. Overall I think this place needs to be a bit more proactive.

CD/Designer Interview

Interview

The head of manager mess around with our scheduled time several times, however the meeting full of positive talks, but never get back to me with any decisions which is pretty wired disrespectful.

3D Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Method Studios.

Interview

It was quicky and very straight forward. The recruiting team was very prepared. I got interviewed by four people overall. The interview was on-site and was very professional. I had to explain my experience and show my portfolio.

Interview Questions

• Many. Be ready about what you are looking for and be wise on replied appropriately to all questions   Answer Question

Wrangler Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Method Studios.

Interview

Very simple. Introducing yourself, 5 years plan, things like that. Then, tell you to wait for the result in 2 days. But I got nothing for 2 weeks.

Pipeline Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Method Studios (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with the head of the team. He was very friendy and asked a series of questions. I only got to see the one room for the interview and didn't meet any of the other team members.