Metrolinx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

2.9

Business Transformation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1. Behavioural interview with classic questions to judge a cultural fit and acceptance of publics working norms.

2. Panel interview with a lot of past project related deliverables discussion and hypothetical situations to solve.

3. In line management discussing potential projects and wanting to see how and what your approach would be

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are placed on a project mid way and asked to catch up and start delivering - how and what would you do?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Easy and simple. Managers are extremely nice and treat you with respect throughout the process. They asked simple direct questions. No trick questions during the interview. If you are prepared with normal interview questions, you are sure to do well.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with difficult people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is room for negotiation.

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Someone called me on the first week of April to set up the interview time and date (for the following week). It was a comfortable environment, with two people interviewing, but it was mostly the manager who was talking, and I believe their advisor who was overseeing. They made sure you were comfortable, and explained the different tasks that you may encounter in the job. Questions were standardized and read off a list. Overall very pleasant!

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied in February and was contacted in the beginning of April. I was interviewed by two people and was asked mainly behavioral questions. The interview lasted about 30 to 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by 3 person panel interview. Second visit to interview 1:1 with manager and hour-long test. Panel interview questions were fair and directly related to my experience and the posted position. Interviewers were friendly. Manager wanted to make sure I understood that the "workload was not reasonable" and to be prepared for that. Metrolinx never got back to me. Four hours of my time wasted.

Interview Questions

• Pick one of Metrolinx's values and describe how that fits with fits with you.   1 Answer

Junior Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The whole process took over 3 months. A month after There was a written technical test, then about a month later there was a panel interview. The communication between the HR department and the actual hiring office is terrible. There is no flexibility in the process for people applying from outside the province. I paid for flights and hotels to attend both the test and the interview simply because there was no other way to participate in the process. The interviewers in the panel were surprised that I had to fly to attend to the interview, as if the HR didn't notify them at all. The whole process is a mess. DO NOT apply for this company if you do not live within driving/commuting distance.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate how your education and experience fits the job.
      Demonstrate how did you contribute in a group efforts to complete a task in the past.
      1 Answer

Train Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

There is a pre-employment test for this position. It is short, about 15 questions. Most were multiple choice, and they were mostly about customer service and how you would deal with clients in different situations. While I think they were simple, this impression can be deceptive since these types of tests are written by behavioural psychologists so it's not always the answer that appears correct you have to think about non escalation and conflict resolution. So turn on your customer service mind, I was told. One question was open and asked how you would help a client who asked a question about how would they get to a location downtown using go train (my answer was about consulting the route map and the train timetable according to their needs and giving them copies if available if not then writing it down for them. 2 other open questions were mathematical, one about balancing a cash float and the other about a client purchasing a go train ticket with US Dollars and with the exchange rate at 5% above what the change would be.

Interview Questions

• One multiple choice question was what chemical should you never mix with another.   1 Answer
    • One question was how would you deal with a client that tried to pay with a fake 10 dollar bill   1 Answer
    • One question was how would you deal with an angry client   1 Answer

Manager Costing & Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

No Phone screening just called in to meet. Structured First interview HR & Hiring Manager reviewing Personality or behavioral ?s. 2nd Interview was a short case (2 days notice provided by Metrolinx) which required Presentation & Report out to Hiring Manager + his manager (VP).

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to schedule a panel interview one week later. After the panel interview there was zero feedback from Metrolinx for about a month at which point I assumed they selected another candidate. After a month, I was given a written test which was a business case to be completed over the weekend. Then a week later, I was given an excel test to be completed at the Front St office. Then silence for another month and then I was called and told I was not selected for the position. This was the slowest interview process I have ever experienced over my 14 year career. Metrolinx needs to streamline this process because it was completely unnecessary how long it took to complete this process.

Senior Business Analyst ( Release Management) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

- Applied online.
    - Received an interview invite about 2 weeks after the closing date.
    - Pannel of three interviewers (Hiring manager, Assistant Manager from Testing & Talent Acquisition Consultant)
    - Interview lasted about 30-45 minutes.
    - 90% behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• - Why are you looking for a change?
      - Tell us a time when your managed assigned you with a project to run with and why did she make that decision?
      - Tell me about a time where you had to make a decision when a project could not go out as planned. What options would you select?
      - Tell us about a time where you had a difficult situation and how did you deal with it.
      - How well do you work in a team? How is your team player skills?
      - How do you make important decisions?
      - Out of the three core value of Metrolinx, what matters the most to you/ what would you select in order to excel @ your job?
      Answer Question