Metrolinx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Metrolinx

2.9

Junior Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The whole process took over 3 months. A month after There was a written technical test, then about a month later there was a panel interview. The communication between the HR department and the actual hiring office is terrible. There is no flexibility in the process for people applying from outside the province. I paid for flights and hotels to attend both the test and the interview simply because there was no other way to participate in the process. The interviewers in the panel were surprised that I had to fly to attend to the interview, as if the HR didn't notify them at all. The whole process is a mess. DO NOT apply for this company if you do not live within driving/commuting distance.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate how your education and experience fits the job.
      Demonstrate how did you contribute in a group efforts to complete a task in the past.   1 Answer

Strategic Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metrolinx.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from HR who asked a set of basic questions. Then they called back to invite me for a panel interview. At the interview, while I was waiting, I was given a piece of paper with all their benefits etc. Once the interview started, they asked mostly behavioural questions and situational questions (How would you...., what would you do if..").

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince others to your viewpoint.   Answer Question

Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

I have completed the first round, which is a written "technical test". They asked about 17 multiple choice questions which were mostly customer service related. The test was held in a group of about 30 people and they give you 45 minutes to complete, although it only takes about 20-25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If a customer's tickets was $6.50CAD and they handed you a $10USD, and the conversion rate was ___, how much change would you owe them in CAD? Show your math.   1 Answer
    • There was another math question that required adding and subtracting. It pretty much asked you what your deposit would be if you had x amount of sales for the day, y amount was a debit/credit transactions, and you had z amount of refunds, and b amount of miscellaneous change.   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Interview

Standard, questions. I appplied in December 2018 got an interview in Jan 2019.

Prescreening call asks you about salary off the bat.

When in for an interview, hr rep and manager were there. They asked about job specific requiments , walked through the resume. Ask some behavioural questions ( what are some project mangement tasks), strengths. Then they asked about job specific requirements.

I wrote a written exam technical in nature afterwards for 45 mins.

After the interview they went over the salary expectations you said during the call. For me this was the tell that i didnt get the job ( I asked for the same amount in getting paid right now but i guess for their budget it was too much). The managers face did a 360 once the hr talked about expected salary. At that point i knew this wasnt going to happen.

I guess it was good practice.

Network Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Union, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Port Union, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Technical Test, Panel Interview

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for company, how to you troubleshoot an issue with a non-technical user, what have you done to be innovative   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metrolinx in May 2011.

Interview

it contains two parts, one with technique questions and the other is interpersonal questions.

Interview Questions

• technical problem, like contract modification   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2018.

Interview

Total of six questions, mix of situational and questions about myself and my experience
    Panel of two different managers
    Total time about half an hour
    Given time at the beginning to review questions before interview begins

Interview Questions

• Tell us a bit about yourself and where you see yourself in five years   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2019.

Interview

Basically behavioral questions, which a lot of people taking notes, which I think is good to make sure it is not just one person's opinion.
    They use behavioral question regarding the activities to be performed in the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Submitted an online application through the website.
    Received an email to complete an online test.
    Received an email invitation for an in person interview. Interview was in a panel format - three individuals.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metrolinx (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

A skills assessment test (Word, Excel, Power Point, spelling, grammar), and then an interview. Pretty standard behavioural questions, and asking about past work experiences. Everyone was very nice.