Metropolitan Family Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metropolitan Family Services

SASS Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palos Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metropolitan Family Services (Palos Hills, IL).

Interview

I applied for one job, they called about another, and then at the last minute they interviewed me for the position I originally applied for. They were very rude in the interview. They will grill you and will not hide their disapproval if they don't like your answer. They are not concerned with their therapist's safety and will send you into homes in any area. Would not have accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a crisis situation at a client's house?   1 Answer

Lcsw Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Metropolitan Family Services.

Interview

You can tell that they want to ensure they hire the right person. Panel Interview. You will meet with your potential supervisor, their supervisor, and the director. Be sure to ask very specific questions about the program you are interviewing for to be sure that you know what the pros and cons of the program are.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions about examples of specific situations you have faced in your career.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Metropolitan Family Services (South Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

An appointment is made. You meet with two or three staff personnel. Answer questions presented. You should be where you are interviewing ten minutes ahead of time and be relaxed. The process is in a office or room that is private, two or more individuals, staff personnel or a parent may interview at the same time, it depends on who and when the staff is available.

Interview Questions

• Answer questions asked about philosophy, curriculum, lesson planning and interactions with previous staff. Will what would you do in ......situations. They will ask if you are familiar to assessment tools.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not negotiate salaries.

After-School Activity Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukie, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropolitan Family Services (Milwaukie, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

I found the listing for the job on Craigslist. I scheduled a time to meet and met the site program director after school hours. It was conversational and the site director shared some of the challenges of the program that she hoped I could help develop.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in supporting students after school?   Answer Question

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Island, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Metropolitan Family Services (Blue Island, IL).

Interview

Seemless. Great process due to exceptional HR!

Negotiation

No negotiation wiggle room.

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Metropolitan Family Services (Wheaton, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Professional panel including supervisor, human resources representative, 2 or 3 current counselors. Subsequent questions asked and it was difficult to answer to a panel rather than one on one. Very uncomfortable interview. I was very relieved when it was over. The HR rep was visibly unhappy with my answer to the question of where I saw myself in 5 yrs and what I'd do in the first 30 days if hired. In my opinion, those are difficult questions and I should have been more prepared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a lower position than I'd applied for. Considering my interview performance, I was grateful for the offer but found a position that was a better fit.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Family Services (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager and scheduled me for an onsite interview. She seemed very pleasant. Onsite interview with hiring manager and another member of management staff. They were very through, courteous and professional. Interview lasted about 45 mins. Several behavioral and situation specific questions. Specific questions about past experience were also asked. Was scheduled for a 2nd interview which was a skill assessment (Word and PowerPoint). That is were it ended. I sent a thank you email and then a follow up email to the hiring manager. She never responded. Finally I called and she hurriedly told me to contact HR. )HR told me letters were being mailed and the position was filled but to please refer to their website for other positions) It would have been nice that after ignoring 2 emails she would have the respect and courteous to just say we went with another candidate. A bad economy does not give employers the right to not treat applicants that invest time, energy and gas money as if they are a bother. What happened to simple professional courteous? Very disappointed.... these ladies seemed sincere and genuine during the interview. Well...hope the work they do for the community balances the fake front they give potential employees.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropolitan Family Services (Wheaton, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was Exciting and mentally stimulating. As the interview progressed, I became more and more excited by the opportunity. It was a challenging position and taught me a great deal about how to navigate a political system.

Negotiation

There was none.

SASS Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Island, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metropolitan Family Services (Blue Island, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

One interview at the office. Job offer within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was only able to increase salary by 500 dollars.