Metropolitan Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metropolitan Market

Bakery Assistant and Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Metropolitan Market (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very quick response to set up interview, very friendly and professional. Two interview process. First was with an assistant store director and someone in the bakery. Second was with the bakery manager.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Metropolitan Market.

Interview

you just go and if they need the position they will be so easy with you and hire you as soon as they can .. if not it will be the opposite way , sometimes they decided who will be in that position before even they post it.

Interview Questions

• nothing just about your experience.. looks easy and then they will judge it   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Market in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, 2 group panels and no offer. I truly lost faith in this company, their corporate office staff was great but at store level the management team had this way of just dragging candidates along. I wouldn't waste your time unless you want false hope and promises made throughout the interview process. This is very a good old boys club

Market Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Metropolitan Market (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Fist, I filled out an online application and attached my tailored resume and cover letter. I was called in for an initial interview which covered the questions contained in the online application and my availability. The second interview was more personal with more open ended questions. Be sure to include any experience with cooking and or food service, professional or as a personal hobby.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you provided outstanding customer service.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Market.

Interview

I applied online through the Metropolitan Market web site and heard back a week later. I was offered an in person interview. It lasted about 30 minutes and was fairly normal for an interview. I was offered the job and I had to go to orientation in Seattle. Overall the questions were basic behavioral questions and I had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• She asked basic behavioral questions and why I wanted to work there. She also gave me a scenario in which multiple tasks required attention and had me reason out which tasks to do first.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Market (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Very friendly and conversational, manager seemed more interested in me as a person, not just my skillset. Department manager also focused on this, which I think led to a better team overall.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropolitan Market (Seattle, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

I was working for a store, that was bought. And brought on through the purchase. No interview was needed. I won't be able to give an accurate description of the interview process, since I never went through it.

Negotiation

They told me what they would pay me. I said "ok".