Metropolitan Police Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Metropolitan Police Service Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metropolitan Police Service

PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

phone interview, face to face interview, the process was a bit relaxed. They interview look informal and the questions was from my CV and a bit of scenario, The interview process was for about 35 minutes. The time went so fast. I did not get the role.

Interview Questions

• why do you apply for the role,Explain prince 2 processes, How you managed conflict   Answer Question

Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through recruitment agency for the job. About a week later I had a phone interview and a week and a half later I was offered the job. The phone interview wasn't that hard but it was tough enough for me to be interested in the job. I came from an unrelated field so I had to keep on my toes. I then had to wait for the clearance to go through which took almost 2 1/2 months. This is normal so find a job to fill in between this time.

Interview Questions

• For security reasons the job description posted wasn't the same as what the job was. This made the interview tougher!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Started on 11.68 per hour then after 3 months went up to 15.34. (GBP)

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hendon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (Hendon, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

very intense, and demanding, you must be focused , professional in appearance and in presentation both physical and verbal, you must be punctual, and demonstrate clear determination to succeed. The interview is very detailed there are different scenarios which will be shown to you, you must demonstrate that you are fully awake and ready for the tasks, time is also against you there are no prompting just role plays, these are designed to see how well you cope under pressure and also if you can self micro manage your own day to day tasks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you heard, your colleague racially abusive to someone?   1 Answer

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Assessment Centre numerous exercises to test aptitude. Nothing too rigorous. Testing resilience , rise to the challenge and honesty and integrity. Testing to display thinking on your feet. Also role plays! The process can be unnerving but if you act normally you will be fine. Policing starts you from scratch don't try and second guess scenarios. They aren't looking for ready made police officers they are looking for the potential.

It is a massive organisation the importance at assessment is to demonstrate what you know already about policing or what interests you

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a police officer?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

Competency Interview questions were based on the role and the interview wanted to assess past behaviour to determine future behaviour. It was a panel interview conducted by the line manager of the role as well as an officer who represented the uniformed service. The interview lasted an hour in within that hour some 8 questions were asked and I was given opportunity to ask questions at the end.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied online, waited 1 month before I heard anything back, got a letter asking me to attend an interview.
    Arrived at Hendon (police training ground) and had to take a maths test and English test I passed these and then had a interview with a panel of 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us
      What can you bring
      How you've dealt with diversity in a previous role
      Answer Question

Forensic Computing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service in January 2008.

Interview

Panel of three, one asking HR questions, one asking technical questions and the other asking privacy/data security questions

Interview Questions

• At the scene of a crime how would your search affect the national intelligence model?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fixed offer, no opportunity for negotiation