Metropolitan Transportation Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Metropolitan Transportation Authority Interview Questions

Interviews at Metropolitan Transportation Authority

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Interview

Standard Interview with a panel. Once you apply, you will wait a few months before you receive a phone call, if you are lucky enough to be selected. Then once upon being called and scheduled for an interview, you will go down and see a panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were in charge of multiple tasks and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a friendly and amicable experience. The questions were fair in both content and presentation. There was an adequate explanation of the job requirements and expectations of one as an employee.

Railroad Conductor Interview

Interview

great experience. crackd interview . frinedly staff. was all about fit. nothing more. technical questions avoided.modeling test was conducted second time around. was really tough rackd interview . frinedly staff. was all abou

Bus Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

I had my first test which was compromised of two sections: 1st being an “agree-disagree” scaled questionnaire and the 2nd being a standard multiple choice questionnaire. Now I have to study for a permit.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-5 (1 being less and 5 being severe) What type of supervision style do you like?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

HR and the hiring manager! very procedural and helpful! organised. the project is explained to you initially and then you are asked to plan accordingly
    first apply online
    then you get a call from the HR
    its all through an online portal
    everything has to be followed

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MTA?
      what would you do in a particular situation!
      which university and why this department?
      tell us about your previous experience   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

I found the interview to be impersonal and unprofessional.
    I interviewed for an engineering position by a panel of 3 non-engineers and an HR person.
    All of them were staring down at a piece of paper reading questions word-for-word and then writing down my responses word-for-word, which was very off-putting. There was no eye contact for the 30 minutes I was there, and no natural conversation as there was in every other place I've interviewed.

None of the panel members seemed to even know what the job functions were. As the job description was very broad and vague, I asked them what a typical day would be. One interviewer replied, " there really is no answer to that question." No one in the room seemed to even know what this position was for, and none had a relevant background in engineering to describe the tasks. There was a clear lack of preparation on their part.

The questions themselves were not relevant. This was an entry-level position and they started asking about management experience. If the job is for people with minimal to no experience then why would they ask for management or senior-level experience? Other behavioral question were repetitive that resulted in giving similar responses. If they listened to earlier responses, they could have skipped asking redundant questions rather than continue reading what was on the piece of paper.

Lastly, the HR person said he would email me back by the following Monday whether or not we were accepted into the program. I thought 1 week was a reasonable time for a response. Well, he never sent such an email at that time. I attempted calling him the following couple weeks several times and he never picked up the phone once. The emails I sent were never responded to either. Other applicants I know experienced the same (childish) behavior. Finally I received a rejection notice 7 WEEKS later. That's a lot longer than 7 days, and another demonstration of the lack of honesty in this company. I feel lucky to now be working for a reliable company where people can actually be counted on.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you?
      What do/don't you like in a workplace?
      Describe bad experience, what you did to correct it.
      What software do you know?   Answer Question

HR Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

I heard about this opportunity from school. I applied and heard back a week later. The interview took place in a board room style room. I sat across two of the directors of Human Resources. The entire process was structured from beginning, middle, and end. They called me back a week later and offered me the job.

IT Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I was scheduled for an early morning in-person interview. The interview was a 3-person panel. I was asked about my overall professional experience then I was asked general questions about the Microsoft .Net Framework and Oracle database. They also asked behavioral/ work ethics questions.

Interview Questions

• I was given a code snippet and was asked to explain it.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

i applied on march 2019 and got a call back on may to schedule an interview the same week. it was a 4 panel interview. they explained what the job requires and asked mostly behavioral questions. after the interview i got a call back 2 days later with a conditional job offer pending medical and background checks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Interview

The MTA hiring process is VERY long, even if you are transferring internally. The process begins with HR calling you for an interview. There can be multiple stages and usually consists of managers of the department you are interviewing for, along with an HR representative. Eventually, if hired, HR will reach out to you with a salary offer and you will negotiate with them to accept.