Metropolitan Transportation Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Received notification for an in-person interview. I studied a website that provided information on how to conduct oneself as a candidate during an MTA interview. It helped. The morning of the interview I arrived early but the person at the front desk would not let me upstairs and claimed my name wasn't in the system. After telling them for the third time they're making an error and showing them my email print-out they eventually they said, oh "You're listed as Mike and not Michael" in the system. Smh. This made me roughly 7 or 8 minutes late for the interview. Frustrating.

So I get upstairs and there is no direction at all. Giant office very confusing atmosphere, I ask someone where to go just randomly and find my way to a chair to sit and wait. Then the interview begins and it's an absolute grill fest. It's the boss and an HR guy, who is seemingly more nervous than me about the interview. Room was pretty nice, it was comfortable.

I was prepared because I studied that MTA interview tips website and took detailed notes for over a week on everything I would have to say about my resume. The job description was not out of reach for my skill set. Half way through the interview there was a code test which was a mixture of different languages all together, and I was confused by many of the questions. It was a one-page type of deal and we walked through some of the examples together, but it threw me off a bit. I have an advanced degree in Math, but don't always test well with "on-the-spot" type of stuff I have a tendency to misunderstand questions. I thought I aced the interview except for the code test which sort of flustered me because I didn't understand 3/10 of the questions so well. I never heard back, ever. Not even a courtesy reply. Kind of lame because I clearly tried really hard.

Interview Questions

• What is the Windows equivalent of an Apache config file and what does it do?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick and speedily. Met and spoke with the people i would be working with and they seeemd to screen me, and then contacted me to offer me the position.

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It's a round table interview with the whole department. Questions are really nice. After my interview, I received the intern offer in two weeks. The whole process lasts about 1 hour, I just kept talking about my experience after they generally introduced themselves and their department.

Interview Questions

• Q: how to ask for information?
      Q: what kind of programs are you using when doing analysis?
      Q: tell me something about your opinion about MTA NYCT.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

Send in application and was called in for an interview. Panel of 3 people from the department, plus HR. Nice and receptive, no trick questions. However HR said they would follow up with me about the final decision (regardless of the answer) but never did

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with Assistant Auditor Generals and then Human Resources representative and then met with Auditor General, all in one day for about an hour to an hour and a half. I was contacted about two weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the results of any of my previous recommendations from an audit that I conducted at my previous job. Biggest strength. Biggest weakness and how working to improve that weakness. Current salary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer the lowest amount on the pay scale for the position.

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Interview

Got called in for an interview the week after the online posting was closed. Spoke with HR and went in for a meeting in the morning. Met with the 5 managers of the audit department in two panel meetings. The interview took about two hours.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your work experience.
      What is your current salary.   Answer Question

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

Took a few months to hear back. Good interview - short and sweet. Did not ask alot of questions. Seems alot of changes are happening at the MTA, obviously. Looks like an agency with potential movement up.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty chill. Start off with questions, answer them. Then you let it roll with the coding portions. And yeah...

Interview Questions

• We are not allowed to disclose this information.   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Interview

basic question, easy

Station Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Quick and easy. In the basement of house under the bridge in the city next to a statue of lion. I was probed by aliens until they took all my money. God bless