Metropolitan Transportation Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Metropolitan Transportation Authority Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I got interviewed for Data Support Engineer at MTA for Fall 2017. Three people take my interview. Most of the questions were more from Resume. They were very nice and making me feel comfortable throughout the interview process

Interview Questions

• What are you doing in current degree and what have you done in your job?
      Basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Interview

Applied through portal and received a call from hiring manager. Quick interview with one person, had to go back for a second round to meet with another person. All communication was through phone.

It took a couple of weeks, and was very informal. The interviewers were super nice and friendly.

Typical interview questions - asked about prior experience, technical skills, etc.

Conductor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Long pre-employment. Still awaiting phone call or email. The HR personnel stated 72 hours or 3 days . There were a lot of applicants there and the process was a bit nerve-racking and tedious. I would suggest to anyone that took the test , when they get called, please walk with your lunch and something to drink. You are not allowed to leave.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying for the position in December, I was contacted to schedule an interview in mid-May. The interview consisted of a panel of three Engineers that were part of three different sub-departments. The main goal of the panel was to figure out my strengths and weaknesses toward different concentrations of Electrical Engineering. I was asked several questions about my resume, and work experience. There were a few questions about electrical engineering basics as well. I am still awaiting a response, no offer as of yet.

Interview Questions

• Can you draw the block diagram for a PCB you designed for one of your projects?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and comfortable. I met with a HR rep and head of the department. They asked technical questions as part of the interview, being that the department head was involved he was interactive with me in answering the questions. It was one of the most pleasant interviews I ever had, and I was very afraid being that this is a great company, I expected more however it was very informative and provided a great detail run down of the position and the company and department outlook.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Interview

Video chat with a series of questions with a group of 3 on the panel. Very easy and informal. It took less than 30 mins. Straight forward and very nice people

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (White Plains, NY).

Interview

the interview process started with an email from HR. After confirming if still interested in the position. You were giving an interview. I received an interview the panel. Although, it was a panel interview I thought it was an overall average interview process not hard but you have to be confident. The interview was overall basic question that a generalized for every interview. They are the same question given to everyone so that everyone gets a fair shot at the job.

Interview Questions

• Every question was prewritten question to ask every interview candidate   Answer Question

Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

it was a 1 hour long interview. The panel had huge expectations from the intern other than the job description. They had additional responsibilities others than what was mentioned. High tedious work place

MTA IT Open House Interview

Application

Interview

I was Preselected for eligibility and invited to attend the MTA IT Open house. I was under the impression that i would have an interview since it was an By invite only event. Unfortunately there was no interview . I was told to go online and check for openings or if something is a fit the HR will call. Okayyy I didn't have to come here for a by invite only open house if this was the case. It was a complete waste of time .

Rail Traffic Controller Interview

Application

Interview

apply online, take test, background check, interview. They said about 900 people applied, 50 or so take the test and only 40% of those pass and then an interview which was not guaranteed even if you pass