Metropolitan Transportation Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.6

Associate Transit Management Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position, went on an interview with three panelists. They tell you the usual process takes about one month to hear if you were chosen. And then the hiring process with HR begins. I have been told by others who work within the MTA that this could take between 1-3 months.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Staten Island Railway?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question
    • What computer programs are you familiar with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to think “outside” the box   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when there was a disagreement within the office and then tell me how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Transit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Initially you come in and take an assessment exam which consists of multiple choice and essay questions. Then, if you pass the assessment you get interviewed by a panel of at least three people within the hiring committee. Then after, you are called to meet with higher up top management for the final interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of Behavioral as well as, a lot of situational based interview questions.
      In addition, they have asked about project management skills.   Answer Question

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

Took a few months to hear back. Good interview - short and sweet. Did not ask alot of questions. Seems alot of changes are happening at the MTA, obviously. Looks like an agency with potential movement up.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I got interviewed for Data Support Engineer at MTA for Fall 2017. Three people take my interview. Most of the questions were more from Resume. They were very nice and making me feel comfortable throughout the interview process

Interview Questions

• What are you doing in current degree and what have you done in your job?
      Basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

LIRR - Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Jamaica, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Asked a series of questions, followed by a written response to a question. Panel was three members, one from HR office and two from capital investment group. Questions ranged to gauge general interest, experience, education, and knowledge of various transportation projects relating to LIRR and NYC.

Interview Questions

• Harder one: why is the East Side Access project important to LIRR and to the city as a whole?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Interview

Applied through portal and received a call from hiring manager. Quick interview with one person, had to go back for a second round to meet with another person. All communication was through phone.

It took a couple of weeks, and was very informal. The interviewers were super nice and friendly.

Typical interview questions - asked about prior experience, technical skills, etc.

College Aide Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Interview

Normal Process. There is the initial interview which is pretty general going over your resume. Then there is the interview with the department director where it's more about yourself. I suggest to bring yourself completely to the interview. I think they appreciate that.

College Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Typical behavioral interview, not a single technical question despite the position saying strong CS foundation and programming experience. There was a hiring manager, a project manager, and 2 HR

Conductor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Long pre-employment. Still awaiting phone call or email. The HR personnel stated 72 hours or 3 days . There were a lot of applicants there and the process was a bit nerve-racking and tedious. I would suggest to anyone that took the test , when they get called, please walk with your lunch and something to drink. You are not allowed to leave.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying for the position in December, I was contacted to schedule an interview in mid-May. The interview consisted of a panel of three Engineers that were part of three different sub-departments. The main goal of the panel was to figure out my strengths and weaknesses toward different concentrations of Electrical Engineering. I was asked several questions about my resume, and work experience. There were a few questions about electrical engineering basics as well. I am still awaiting a response, no offer as of yet.

Interview Questions

• Can you draw the block diagram for a PCB you designed for one of your projects?   Answer Question