KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Metropolitan Transportation Authority Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 285 of over 285 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Interview

Easy, just alot of paperwork to bring. The pricess can seem spaced out but its not that bad. Patience is the best way to look at it. And please brong everything they request

Interview Questions
  • Not many questions asked just looked through my papaerwork they requested
    Answer Question

Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Interview

Only a single first round interview explaining the position and benefits. Beyond this there is no more since it is only an temporary summer internship position. Decision is usually made through applications before any interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Interview

Only consisted of a single in-person interview with a project engineer. Interview process was fairly straightforward and mainly focused on behavioral questions. Interview was fairly laid back. There was a technical component to the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly behavioral, focused on past project work and work experience, along with standard behavioral questions (why do you want to work here, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc). There was a short written exam on moment/shear diagrams for fixed frames.

Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Interview

Straight forward questions regarding background experience, education and skills. A few situational questions. There are two rounds of interviews with direct manager and senior managers. Be prepared for answers to be documented.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your work experience. Identify a strength and weakness. Why the MTA?

Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority in Mar 2022

Interview

A quick call from HR to setup interview schedule. Two virtual interviews. One with HR rep and hiring manager. Second interview with hiring manager and executive director. Overall pleasant and straightforward.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about why I was looking for another job.

Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Application

I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Interview

First interview with Human Resources and Controller director. Easy questions about experience, projects worked on, strengths, weaknesses, working under pressure, best and least project, tell me about yourself. I haven't heard from them yet

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Interview

Waited a month and straight to zoom meeting. Some questions were based on the job description and some were totally off. Questions were unexpected, unsure if it was really part of the position's responsibility.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY)

Interview

it is a very long process, prepare to wait, or follow up with interviewer, it might be a panel interview, only one round, maybe two, not a lot of round, just a long wait

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY)

Interview

Straight forward interview. Long turn around time to hear back. Very friendly people and easy to get to hillside location. I would recommend showing up as early as possible. Hoping to hear back.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Springfield, MA) in Nov 2021

Interview

Long tedious process for essentially for receptionist role Phone call. Skill assessment and onsite review. The managers could not identify a typical day for the position. Could not tell me time to report or end of day functions.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have transportation. Do you have child care. Can you type
Viewing 1 - 10 of 285 Interviews

Metropolitan Transportation Authority Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Metropolitan Transportation Authority as 66.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.64 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Associate Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and College Aide roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Metropolitan Transportation Authority takes an average of 61 days when considering 325 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 19 days), whereas Train Operator roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 95 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Metropolitan Transportation Authority according to 325 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 22.76%