Metropolitan Utilities District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metropolitan Utilities District

SAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Utilities District (Omaha, NE) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty easy, I received an email for a telephonic technical + HR round.
    After few days their HR contacted me for the proceeding such as drug test etc and that was it. Within 10-15 days they hired me.

Interview Questions

• I was being asked some basic Java related questions and Being grilled on my resume. Their main focus was to put me in development but they were very keen to know about the honesty and sincerity that I have put in.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

A typical job interview has a single candidate meeting with between one and three persons representing the employer; the potential supervisor of the employee is usually involved in the interview process. A larger interview panel will often have a specialized human resources worker. While the meeting can be over in as little as 15 minutes, job interviews usually last less than two hours.

The bulk of the job interview will entail the interviewers asking the candidate questions about his or her job history, personality, work style and other factors relevant to the job. For instance, a common interview question is "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" The candidate will usually be given a chance to ask any questions at the end of the interview. These questions are strongly encouraged since they allow the interviewee to acquire more information about the job and the company, but they can also demonstrate the candidate's strong interest in them. When an interviewer asks about the weaknesses of a candidate, they are acknowledging the fact that they are not perfect. However, the interviewer is not really interested in their weaknesses but how they may make up for them. It also displays the skill of self-reflection and the pursuit for self-improvement

Candidates for lower paid and lower skilled positions tend to have much simpler job interviews than do candidates for more senior positions. For instance, a lawyer's job interview will be much more demanding than that of a retail cashier. Most job interviews are formal; the larger the firm, the more formal and structured the interview will tend to be. Candidates generally dress slightly better than they would for work, with a suit (called an interview suit) being appropriate for a white-collar job interview.

Additionally, some professions have specific types of job interviews; for performing artists, this is an audition in which the emphasis is placed on the performance ability of the candidate.

Summer Help Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Utilities District (Omaha, NE) in April 2014.

Interview

The process happens fairly quickly. You will need to pick up an application from the headquarters because it is not offered online from what I could find. It helps to know somebody that works there. After applying someone from HR will email you attempting to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is easy and nothing technical is asked they are just getting a feel for what kind of a person you are.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a difficult decision you have made and why did you make it?   Answer Question