Miami Dade County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Miami Dade County Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

Biologist (Tree Specialist) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Miami Dade County (New York, NY).

Interview

It was okay. The Panel was really quiet and didn't really respond.
    One member of the panel for sure didn't want to be there. He was drawing, which made me nervous because that can mean many things.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 positive and negative things that trees provide?   Answer Question

Police Records Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miami Dade County (Doral, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The Lieutenant contacted me a few days later to set up an interview. I arrived early and noticed various other candidates coming and going to same interview. Once I got called in there were 4 members conducting the interview. They took a little bit of time to review my resume. They then gave me 10 minutes to answer 4 questions asked by a different member. Questions were easy enough, all were about job experience. They were professional but not very friendly. Overall the interview was over in less than 10 minutes. If you aren't selected it's up to you to find out because they don't inform you even though they say they will. Also, they must've needed someone asap because the hiring was over within a week of the posting.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experience and how can it help you in this job?
      What kind of computer software systems have you used in your job experience.   1 Answer

Traffic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Miami Dade County (Miami, FL).

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call (from HR) about 3 later to set up a face to face interview. The overall process took about a month and a half. The interview itself was straight forward and consisted of a four person panel interview. Most of the questions were general (are you willing to working long/weekends/holidays, Do you have reliable transportation, etc...) The interview lasted about 10-15mins.

Interview Questions

• They asked about synchronizing an intersection corridor...   Answer Question

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Miami Dade County (Miami, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Panel interview - three people. Very straightforward and to the point, the panel members were noticeably "going through the motions" - I sensed as if this was just a process they had to complete in order to hire someone pre-selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your skills and experience qualify you for this position?   Answer Question

Criminalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Miami Dade County (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Received email and was asked for some basic information. Was sent a packet to complete. About a week after I sent it back they emailed me to set up an interview. It was pretty thorough and they gave me a tour of the facilities as well. Never received any word back from them, that was three months ago.

Interpretive Program Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miami Dade County (Miami, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

There was a panel of four individuals. Three who worked on the property; the Historian, Educational Leader and a representative from Maintenance, as well as someone from Human Resources. They asked in total 10 questions. Some that had to do with my experience, How I handled situation in past jobs, My style of public speaking.. etc. They were friendly and made the interview pleasant, although the questions I will say were hard.

Interview Questions

• What program would you implement? And how would you reach out to the community?   Answer Question

Biologist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Miami Dade County (Miami, FL).

Interview

Panel interview with a representative from HR, my prospective boss, her boss, and a senior biologist. We sat in a conference room and they gave me the questions in writing so I could think about what I was going to say. That was nice because I took my time in formulating long-winded intelligent responses. The way these interviews are ranked, I believe it's best to verbally showcase as much of your knowledge as possible.

Interview Questions

• One question I was asked was: "Pick one South Florida ecosystem and describe its characteristics." I was also asked how I'd handle an angry customer, how I'd handle a political figure who needed information, among a few other things. There were not a lot of questions so the panel wanted to hear a lot on each topic. There was ample time to talk which was great. At the end I was given the opportunity to ask my own questions, and did so, which seemed to make a great impression.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Interview

Real easy. We started with small talk to ease the tension of an interview. There were two people who asked questions about my background and what I did in certain situations.

Pollution Control Inspector I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Miami Dade County (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and received an email invite for me to come into DERM for an interview. There were others there, likely interviewing for the same position. I was seated in front of a panel of 3 administrators, and I had to answer a series of 5 (or so) questions. Some were about myself, others were experiential and what-if scenarios. I was then instructed to write a sample letter to a disgruntled citizen and county official, regarding pollution coming from nearby construction sites.

It took them 7 weeks to inform me that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a disgruntled citizen, after deeming that they fail to follow regulations.   Answer Question

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami Dade County (Homestead, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I automatically got an interview, without much effort other then a phone call. I drove to Camp Owaissa Bauer. I sat on the bench, waited for the late interviewer. I signed a set of papers then walked into a room where I was asked a few questions. I forgot to tell them a lot and I ended up not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used a pressure cleaner?
      Can you lift over 50 pounds?
      Do you have any customer service experience?   Answer Question