Miami Herald Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Miami Herald Interview Questions

2.9

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami Herald (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter, and his questions were very specific to my past experiences. The interview was quite formal, and the recruiter asked me about several things listed on my resume and went into detail with them. He also gave me some time to ask my own questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about why you pursued journalism?   1 Answer

Advertising Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Miami Herald (Miami, FL).

Interview

I had to be interviewed by 3 people, that was my boss, my boss' boss, and HR. Fortunately, it was all done the same day. I was lucky the 3 women were available that day.

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Miami Herald in March 2014.

Interview

He gave lots of advice about working in the industry. Also he gave constructive criticism of all the writing samples in the portfolio. It didn't last very long at all.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Miami Herald.

Interview

I applied to be a summer intern at the Miami Herald, and I received an invitation to interview with the newspaper in New York. My interviewer worked at El Nuevo Herald and asked me about my prior journalism experience and why I wanted to work in Miami. I'm a native Spanish speaker, and I think she was testing my knowledge of the language because she also spoke to me in Spanish.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Miami Herald (Miami, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

It was intimidating in a room with 2 of the upper management. Getting grilled. But all in all it seemed pretty easy once you get over the initial uneasiness

Newsroom Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Miami Herald.

Interview

(For 2012 summer internship). There was no interview, surprisingly.

Submitted resume, cover letter, and writing sample by mail late October. By mid December I received a call from one of the editors offering me the internship, with about 2 days to think it over.

Metro Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Miami Herald.

Interview

Phone interview with a hiring coordinator. Very congenial but questions were not very broad, mostly about experience and city knowledge.

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami Herald (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied via an online career service and after some months I received and email from the editor in chief to set up an interview at her office. She also sent me a writing, translation and editing test to do before our meeting. The interview went well, she started out inquiring for my experience, my skills, my preferences and salary requirements, then she went ahead to describe the nature of the job. I received no offer and honestly think that my background was a little intimidating for the editor in chief.

Interview Questions

• Which one do you feel more comfortable doing, editing of writing?   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Miami Herald (Miami, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

Saw the ad in the paper, manager was building the team and the interview process was pretty seamless as she had authority to hire. Also met w/ VP of Marketing and a separate meeting with 3 other analysts (i think this was mostly to see if they liked me and I would fit in.)

Interview Questions

• About my research experience and background. Also why I wanted to make a career shift.   Answer Question