Miami University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, Phone interview then an on campus. Great experience! Would recommend this employer. Very transparent throughout the process. I was never left confused on not sure what was next.

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in March 2008.

Interview

The phone interview was perfunctory, but followed up by a lengthier interview with the chair, who mostly talked about commitment to research, even though it's a teaching position, and a visiting one at that. I also spent time with the field chair and talked though my research.

Interview Questions

• Perhaps you saw my last article in ---- journal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't get anything, but I tried to get an RA, but that didn't work out. There essentially was no negotiation. They said, more or less, take this offer or leave it.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miami University.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process.

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was haphazard and the participants acted like the position had already been filled. It was a waste of my time. The main contact didn't even take time to see me out the door. The department head acted like he was being bothered with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What operating systems are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Very comfortable process, more of a conversation than an interview. They really take the time to get to know you and ask what you want to get out of the internship.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to get out of this experience?/What do you want to be involved with?   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Miami University (Oxford, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Individual and Faculty Panel Interviews, lots of varied questions about experience with students and ideas about job and role from job posting description. Met a group of students also.

Interview Questions

• Why are you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Not traditional. Mainly relies on your relationship with the professor. Basically you just want to email your professor that you are interested in TAing for. They will most likely respond if you were engaged in their class, tried hard, and had a decent grade

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Miami University in July 2013.

Interview

If you apply for a graduate program (master of phd), then you don't need a separate application to apply for an assistantship. I was accepted first to the school and then a professor from the graduate program contacted me by email to schedule an interview. I had a skype interview and he asked me basic questions about data structures. He then asked me about the courses that I took which I was an udergraduate student. I was accepted after two weeks to the job.

Tour Guide Interview

Interview

3 step process: resume submit online, group interview, and then single interview

Interview Questions

• Very easy and basic questions. Asked what your favorite memory of Miami is.   Answer Question

Tour Guide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Miami University.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Group interviews first, then individual interviews. The main focus is to look for friendly personalities who enjoy their time at Miami. If you can talk and be polite, you will be fine.