Michigan First Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Michigan First Credit Union

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lathrup Village, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan First Credit Union (Lathrup Village, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Typical, phone screen, survey and then in person. Their HR seems very disorganized and very unprofessional. Lack of timely follow up by the HR representative which is annoying since they are the ones providing the timeline. The on line application process is very long and drawn out with repetitive questions. Uploading a resume does nothing to auto-fill any of the required fields.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult. Typical tell me about a time........   Answer Question

PAYMENT SOLUTIONS REPRESENTATIVE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lathrup Village, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan First Credit Union (Lathrup Village, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

First step was a phone interview, then in person interview with two managers and a HR generalist, all separate. Overall interview process was good but the negative factor was that even with having the qualifications required/preferred as well as the experience I was low balled and given the lowest pay rate and when I tried to negotiate pay they took back their offer which was fine, just made it clear for me that MFCU was not where I needed to be. So note to self if applying at MFCU and offered the position don't try to negotiate regardless of expertise in the field.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to want to apply for MFCU?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michigan First Credit Union in August 2016.

Interview

It was much less like an interview and more like a conversation about what the job entails. I was asked very few questions and was asked if I could see myself doing this job. This is to be expected for an entry level position

Interview Questions

• Would this be something you are interested in?   1 Answer

FSR1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lathrup Village, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michigan First Credit Union (Lathrup Village, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Meet with mangers of what department you apply for. Then meet with a executive that will say they like you or they don't. They'll do a background check, a credit pull, and a drug test and then you either get it or you don't.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Michigan First Credit Union.

Interview

I was contacted directly by HR because they found my resume online. I emailed back saying yes I might be interested depending on the location they are looking for. She finally replied a month later asking if I was still interested. I told her 'yes but I never received a reply last month.' So she told me that I needed to do survey and apply on their website. She sent another persons survey to me. I didn't notice it till the end when it stated the full name. So she wanted me complete another. After both my application and survey was completed, I received another email. She stated that she still needed me to complete the required survey. I emailed back telling her I wasn't sure if there was something else that needed to be completed. She said no I have everything. Nothing else was required. This alone left a weird vibe and tells me how unorganized the company is. I wasn't sure I would even accept the job but I waited for a call. Two days later I received a generic turn down. I thought it was pretty funny because they reached out to me.

Honestly I would not recommend this company based on my experience. Their HR department seems unorganized.

Michigan First Credit Union Response

Feb 17, 2016 – HR Recruiter/Generalist

We'd like to apologize for your experience in interviewing with us. We would like to discuss this review with you so we can address where the process broke down and ensure this doesn't happen again... More

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan First Credit Union.

Interview

One phone and two in person interviews. They were with one person at a time which was nice. Most were behavioral questions that required some storytelling. That was repeated in both in person interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a salary and negotiated for more. I received an offer that was a compromise.

All Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lathrup Village, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michigan First Credit Union (Lathrup Village, MI).

Interview

multiple interviews depending on position and dept, background and reference check

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they pair fair but dont be sold on 'commission/bonus' opportunities, theyre slim

ATM Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lathrup Village, Oakland, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Michigan First Credit Union (Lathrup Village, Oakland, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

4 step process started with phone interview with VP of HR which lasted about 30 minutes, next phone interview with VP of Virtual Services again about 30 minutes, then in person interview with both VPs which lasted an hour, and finally in-person interview with CEO which lasted about 45 minutes. All were very professional as one would expect from a financial institution. Had I gone to the next stage they would have had me take a personality test.

Interview Questions

• The VP of HR was very detailed in his review of my past performance and wanted specific examples of most skills. Not really unexpected or difficult but very detailed.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lathrup Village, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan First Credit Union (Lathrup Village, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with an Asian gentleman who had been hired to management but had not yet started his position. I was expecting to answer questions about my experience and projects I had worked on. However, he seemed to be more concerned with what kinds of naming conventions I used and other things that really didn't seem relevant. I found the whole experience to be incredibly awkward and we never really seemed to be on the same level with each other at the same time.

Interview Questions

• I would prepare for them to present some scenarios and for some uncomfortable silence.   Answer Question