Mills College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.8

Graduate Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mills College (Oakland, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, heard back, had a phone interview, completed an email writing challenge, moved to the in person interview with the department, was given a job offer. Was not as long as most interview processes.

Interview Questions

• Share with us a time when you did not agree with a supervisor/coworker and how you approached the situation   Answer Question

Adjunct Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mills College.

Interview

The interview process is a farse. They act as though they are open & do not discriminate, but they already know what "type" of person they want when the job description is posted. Sometimes they invite people to interview, but it is only to look as though they are being open and fair.

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mills College.

Interview

Group interview than individual. It was intimidating because everyone tries to speak up and there's not enough time but the individual interview with an existing RA wasn't as intimidating since the team is very nice and welcoming. But it's important you know about social justice issues and the ways that you can grow to make the team even better.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Interview

Typical for academia. A round of in person interviews at a national meeting and then an on-campus interview. Application required extra narratives as compared to other schools.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage to keep your research progressing at a small college?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mills College (Oakland, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Application>> Phone Interview>> In-Person Interview>> 2nd In-Person Interview with full staff. The hiring process was quite lengthy. There was a moment when I questioned whether they had filled the position after my initial in person interview and just not notified me.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this job? What will you contribute to the team? What role do you like to play as a part of the team? Why should we hire you over other candidates? If a student asks, why should I consider a women's college, what would you say? What areas are you looking to develop for yourself as a professional? Since Mills is your alma-mater are you worried that you might become disillusioned? etc.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mills College (Oakland, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I interviewed twice for a position (after an initial phone interview) with a small research group on campus. The (group) interviews were a bit of a joke (which should have been a red flag). They literally wanted you to correct some typos on a word document, create a one page powerpoint, and an incredibly simple excel budget. Considering they insisted they wanted someone tech savvy, the "skills" test should have been much more advanced. Overall, an incredibly easy interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you get difficult colleagues in other departments to go along with whatever it is you need done? Say, you are trying to get a budget or reimbursement into accounting that doesn't quite fit in with the college rules and regulations. What would you do to ensure it is approved.   1 Answer

Head Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mills College.

Interview

First, I was contacted by the school secretary to schedule an interview. Then I had a panel interview that consisted of the head of the school, teachers, parents, and a faculty member from the college. After my first interview I was called for a second interview, that included a sample lesson, and told to prepare for a certain grade, then later emailed to prepare for a different grade. When I showed up for my second interview, I was told I was indeed going to do the sample for the original grade they emailed me about. I quickly need to tailor my pre-planned lesson for the third time. After the lesson, which went very well, I had an additional interview. After several weeks, I emailed the head of the school about the status of my application, and she never wrote back.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you overcame an obstacle, and how you did it.   Answer Question

Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mills College (Oakland, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Friendly supervisors who are genuinely interested to learn about your professional and academic background. I was asked questions regarding my past experience with social media and marketing for an economic development firm I interned at earlier that summer. They asked me some behavioral questions and were interested to know about my international background.

Interview Questions

• There were no such difficult questions - just my comfort in web design and using social media tools   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I T Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mills College (Oakland, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

telephone interview by one dept manager, and one tech, followed by an inter departmental panel of desktop, server, and router managers. They were concerned about the low salary and the long hours.
    They used a lot of linux, mac and windows clients. and had outstanding projects in email hardening as well as Nagios installs.

Interview Questions

• how would you re-act to ... x/y situation .. .such as a failure of a server, or a failure in a network, do you feel comfortable documenting your steps, how much mac and windows server experience do you have .. what IP/UDp ports does telnet use or dhcp use or what rights are 444 or 555 how do you use grub or make or setup a new user in Linux Centos ...   1 Answer

Assistant Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mills College (Oakland, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Met with 4 different people over 4 hours. They asked a series of questions and allowed me the opportunity to discuss my background. Overall I found the interview panel to be focused and enthusiastic. It did become clear to me that the job would be much more than the job description and salary would lead one to believe.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation you encountered in your previous job and how you handled it.   Answer Question