Minnieland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

1.7

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Minnieland (Stafford, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

The director and assistant director of the North Stafford location are super sweet and couldn't be more helpful and honest with me. I came in a filled out some forms, then I went into the directors office and she asked me questions based off the answers I put on the form, like what I did at each of my previous jobs, what I was doing now, who my references were, etc. Then asked me role play, I guess, as the teacher (I am an assistant teacher there now) and show her how I would introduce an activity. Afterwards we discussed pay and she was completely honest with me and described to me their tier system for pay. This was super refreshing because there has been other jobs I've worked at that didn't tell me how much I would be making, or dodged the question, or made it out sound like I was getting what I asked for, but she was very honest. When we were done she told me to let my references know they would be calling and based on what they said i would hear back by Wednesday, (I interviewed on a Friday) but I ended up getting a call back the Monday before. :)

Interview Questions

• Q: What would you do if there was a conflict with a child and they pushed someone else and you informed the parent about it, they talked to the child but the child is insisting that it was their fault or they didn't do it? What you tell the parent?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Minnieland (Stafford, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

She asked me about four questions and then gave me a website to go home and start training, after I finished the training the next two days I went in and finished the training to start working.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haymarket, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Minnieland (Haymarket, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter online.
    Was called immediately within 2 hours of submission.
    Made an interview appointment for the next morning.
    Talked briefly with the director and assistant director.
    I completed an application which was 1 sheet front and back.
    Provided my college transcripts and ID.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about working with children, do I have patience, and understand that many of the actions of children, and my past experience working with children.   1 Answer
    • They wanted to know how friendly I was and would I work well with the other co-teachers.   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dale City, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Minnieland (Dale City, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Take resume to them, fill out their forms, was called back within a day. Asked a list of questions for interview (mostly self reflection i.e. What makes you feel this is the right job for you)

Interview Questions

• What skills or previous experience do you possess that you feel will help you be ready or excel in this job   Answer Question

Tier II Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midlothian, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Minnieland (Midlothian, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

On the spot interview. Asked a few questions from a sheet of paper about my experience with children and where I saw this job taking me in the future. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, if that, and I was asked to come back the next day for orientation. I was told that had I come earlier in the day I could have gone into a classroom to observe but we reserved that for the next day. The orientation lasted about a week total.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite thing about your past job with children?   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Minnieland (Woodbridge, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Went to an open interview and was offered a position. Met with the site director the next day at the center I was assigned to. I accepted the offer initially but pay was not worth the commute or long hrs.

Teacher Aid Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Minnieland in September 2015.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early... & waited for an extra 20. The office was a bit cluttered- not at all inviting. The ladies were nice, though. I was the only person doing an interview.

Interview Questions

• basic stuff...
       -how do you handle elementary age children?
      -your availability
      bahblah
      THEY DONT CARE IF U HAVE EXPERIENCE.
      just laugh & be nice.   Answer Question

Afternoon Shift Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Minnieland (Fredericksburg, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I came in and met with the site director and the morning shift director. They asked me many questions about typical days in a daycare to see my responses to them. Also, they explained what their expectations for the position and the benefits.

Interview Questions

• What do you do with a difficult child?   1 Answer

Lead Teacher, Kindergarten Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aldie, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Minnieland (Aldie, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had to come in a total of 3 times to interview.
    First was 5 minutes long. Second time was a working interview, and 3rd was when they offered me the job.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Minnieland (Woodbridge, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Easy, asked me about my experience and background. I basically knew I had the job because I was beyond qualified since all they usually get are people with no degrees or kids in high school.