Mintel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mintel Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mintel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

3 + Interviews take you through the writer meeting person after person. Feels like too much and a lack of ability to make a decision. Once hired I was told they wanted to hire me after the first interview but had to go through steps to bring in multiple other individuals for "approval". Provided access to their database and sample topics to write reports.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stands out as being unique.   1 Answer

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mintel (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

To give a better perspective on my experience, a little bit about myself. Like many people in the field, I don't have a traditional computer science background. Front end web development has become an art form due to the variety of technologies and knowledge involved. The most successful people I know are well-rounded individuals with diverse backgrounds and knowledge.

A recruiter contacted me, and we spoke over the phone a day later. She was nice and things went very well after discussing my work experience. Then, they gave me a comprehension test in C++. Yeah, like C++ is useful in the front end web development workflow.

Even though they said they want to start working with React, no relevant JavaScript or web development workflow questions were asked at all. I got a call the next day that my results weren't good enough. I said thanks and thought to myself that it probably reflects the culture of the place.

Interview Questions

• How would you refactor this C++ class?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mintel (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

It was pretty extensive, I had about 3 phone interviews before I went in for an in-person interview. And even before that, I had to complete an exercise to demonstrate my analysis skills, as well as preparing a presentation for my in-person interview

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mintel.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation for a phone screen shortly thereafter. The recruiter was very thorough in her explanation of the company and position, which was very helpful. She asked me various questions about my background and experience and commented that they were relevant for the position. A week later I was told that the Hiring Manager was not interested in moving forward in the interview process, which was a little surprising given how the first interview went.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mintel (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was in-depth and thorough but moved quickly. It consisted of 1 Phone Screen with the Corporate Recruiter, 1 Phone Screen with Direct Report, 1 Role-Play Interview and Personal Interview with Direct Report and Senior Level Account Manager Peer. Final Interview with Team Lead.

Great communication throughout the hiring process!

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions in the beginning. Interview rounds got harder as they went on.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mintel (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Due to the requirements of the role, Mintel's hiring process for this position includes 5 total steps. 1) Phone call with HR, 2) Phone call with hiring manager, 3) Writing assignment, 4) In-person interview (mine included a 3 person panel I met with), 5) In-person interview where the applicant would give a presentation.

I made it through the first 4 steps but was not invited to the 5th step. The first 4 steps took place in about a 2.5 week time span, so relatively short.

Interview Questions

• Say we're in an elevator, what are the 5 things you would tell me trend wise about (category)?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mintel (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after applying to the position. I was then sent a short coding competency test which I failed. Other reviews are fairly accurate in the skills required. Be up to date with your c++ knowledge and efficiency.

Interview Questions

• C++ comprehension question   1 Answer

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mintel (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I sent an application online and I got a phone call from someone in HR within a few days. We had a brief chat and they sent me file which contains excel questions. I completed the test and sent it back. I was contacted within a few days again. An interview was arranged for me and I went to their office. The team leader was friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a specific interview questions. It was a friendly chat.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mintel (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Started with an initial phone interview with someone from HR that were just general questions getting to know me and talking about the company. They also stated the starting salary for Jr. developers up front, which I appreciated so we wouldn't have to waste each other times if it wasn't going to work. This was followed up with a coding test that was pretty easy. It was mostly multiple choice with a couple simple coding questions at the end. Next was a call with one of the engineering managers and he asked me questions about the answers I gave in the coding test (basically just making sure that I actually did it myself and didn't get help). He also asked me to talk about a project I had worked on. The last step was a final in-person interview with the engineering manager and two software engineers. They asked me about projects I had worked on and then gave me some code and asked me questions about it. I never had to write any code myself.

Interview Questions

• The other person here was dead on with what to study. Constructors, destructors, copy constructors, memory leaks, dangling pointers and things like that. Basically all of the questions were about object orientation.   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mintel (New York, NY).

Interview

They have you do a coding challenge before an interview takes place. Just know that there is a time limit and it is in C++. I am a Ruby developer, so I could understand what the code was doing but it was very difficult for me in regards to syntax.

Interview Questions

• They give you several chunks of code and ask you what lines the bugs are on and why it won't run, what to do to fix it, etc.   Answer Question