MinterEllison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MinterEllison Interview Questions

Interviews at MinterEllison

2.8

Paralegal Interview

Interview

Very casual and friendly - they're looking for a good culture fit.

Just asked the usual questions, ie. Why you'd like the role, what experience makes you a good fit for the position.

One negative - even if your interviewer says you're good to go / have the job, it can take a while for things to be officialised through HR.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MinterEllison.

Interview

Applied for the position online, filled out relatively straight forward form and uploaded cv and cover letter. Was contacted by HR for an interview and then was interviewed by a partner in the team.

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MinterEllison (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

On point, no beating around the bush. Relaxed, comfortable. I actually felt like I could work for this company. The process was not dragged out. They made their decision and stuck to it. Very quick turnaround times.

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MinterEllison (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in August 2018.

Interview

Efficient and organised with arrangements for the interview. Consisted of two one-on-one interviews with senior staff members who were well-prepared and clear on the requirements for the role and the team.

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MinterEllison (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)).

Interview

I found the interview relaxed. It was conducted by legal practitioners and a HR staff member who were genuinely curious about my interest in the role. It was a pleasant experience and I felt like I could work with them.

Lawyer Interview

Interview

The talent team were extremely helpful and kept me informed at all times throughout the process. Assistance was offered at every step. They were friendly and informative at all times.

Solicitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MinterEllison (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2010.

Interview

Why do you want to work at a law firm, why this area of law, how do you rank yourself (in terms of PQE), what do you want to do, when can you start.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MinterEllison (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Friendly and interviewers tried to make you feel welcome to the firm. The interview was quite relaxed and both interviewers appeared genuinely interested in the conversation, rather than simply ticking boxes on a checklist of questions.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MinterEllison.

Interview

Partner and HR rep were very friendly and it felt like they were just trying to get to know you. Questions mostly related to your CV but some behavioural questions as well.

Interview Questions

• A time you have worked in a team and something went wrong   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MinterEllison (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2017.

Interview

Translation test, then straight to a panel interview with 2 people. Mainly CV based and the usual competency based questions. They had a short session where I needed to speak in mandarin (as I applied for the Hong Kong internship). Wasn't hard, and the overall atmosphere of both the firm and the interview was pretty relaxed.