Modell's Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Modell's Sporting Goods Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview about a few days later. The interview itself was pretty short and 2 days later I got a call for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods (Bronx, NY).

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview about a month later. Interview was scheduled for 2 days from then. I walked in and was asked basic questions about school life, availability, and my previous job. After the interview was over I was told I would be called by the end of the week.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods (New York, NY).

Interview

Was referred by an employee. Was called the next day for an interview. Filled out an application. I was interviewed by the general manager. Then he called me back 2 weeks after to inform me I had to come in to work the next day.

Interview Questions

• How will you balance school and work at the same time?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods (New York, NY).

Interview

Basic questions like why would I be a good fit for the company. Had two interviews. One with HR and then with the DM. Complete waste of time. Never heard back from anyone and very unprofessional. The break room was literally a small closet. The lack of communication and long time it took to get a yes or no answer was the issue. Nothing but time spent on a mediocre position.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods.

Interview

Applied online during the holidays. Followed up with a phone call 3 days later. I was told to come in for an interview with Assistant manager. He pretty much asked about my availability, desired salary and brief overview of work history. Hired on the spot. Began working a week later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods in September 2016.

Interview

2 Phone interviews and 1 in person interview. Process was somewhat expeditious as they were looking to fill the role ASAP. In-person interview took place at their corporate office in midtown Manhattan. Basically had to get a chance to speak with potential team members and HR recruiter. Overall a very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• What skills I bring to this role and why I would see myself being successful in the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

They called me in for a job interview, but it wasn't really an interview persay. They took me upstairs are showed me this 20 minute long video on what the Modell's community was like. To be honest, I'd have preferred they walked me through the duties involved with being on the floor, as well as being in the back and at the cash register, as I felt like the learning process of those was really rushed.

Interview Questions

• The only thing I was asked was when I could start- from my experience and what I've heard, if you're called in for the interview, it's more to make sure you're a capable person then it is putting you through any stringent questioning.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was brought in by myself and a manager. The manager looked at my resume and asked me questions about why I wanted to work at Modells and what made me different from other candidates. It lasted about 20 minutes, and he told me I had the job

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Must apply online, no in-store applications. You will get a call for interview. Casual dress for interview is fine. Manager will tell you an estimated time of when they'll get back to you & give you a call. You will them come to fill out a bunch of paperwork & for orientation. Then they will give you a start date.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with any difficult situations in the past with customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Modell's Sporting Goods (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

The interview was less than two minutes, I applied and within 12 hours they called me, I went in, they looked at my application, nodded at eachother, gave me some paperwork to fill out and said I start the next day at 7am.

Interview Questions

• You open avalibility? you able to work fulltime/part time?   1 Answer