Moma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Moma

2.8

Visitor Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moma (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

All online. Quick questions, about being flexible and being able to manage crowds. Dress up will help a lot. Be personable and willing to help anyone and everyone. Learn to constantly smile.

Visitor Services Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moma.

Interview

Had a 25 minute interview over the phone. Was told the interview process was going to be long and should hear back in a month. While the person interviewing me was nice, she did not seem excited to be speaking with me. There were a lot of questions about not getting along with managers and how you would go about your work in that scenario.

Visitor Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moma (New York, NY).

Interview

You get into a meeting with 3 staff members and they will ask you about managerial and dealing with museum / board members questions. You will sit down and take turns with other candidates on the spot to answer numerous questions given.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a board member coming into the museum?   Answer Question
    • If there was a task you had to take and had difficulty working with a manger, how would you approach that situation?   Answer Question
    • What is the least favorite job you ever had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moma (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Skype call, lovely, friendly team but very disorganised! No real structure to the interview, more like a chat. It took a long time to get the internet connection to work, and the interview itself only lasted about 15 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I initially applied through the MoMA website and was contacted about 3 weeks later via email to set up a phone interview. It was a phone interview with two members of the department I was applying for that lasted somewhere around 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard questions about my previous experiences in Communications and Marketing. Asked about my ability to use specific software such as Dreamweaver and Photoshop as well. Was given the opportunity to ask the interviewers questions as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moma (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

There was no in-person interview, but there was a written application References were also required, as was an up to date resume and school transcript. Most interns were in college or had graduated from college already.

Interview Questions

• Fairly straight forward applications, including written section and resume   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moma in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email (in about 2,5 months after submitting my application) with an invitation to schedule a phone interview. The interview was 30 minutes long. I spoke with two of the department's staff members. First, they spoke about department in general, then about their jobs. Then they asked a couple of standard interview questions. Next day I was contacted again to schedule a very short conversation with department's director. Our conversation was about 7 minutes long. In a week I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, why do you want to work at MoMA, couple of questions about my previous experience and internships.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moma (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was set up by the department manager, who was forwarded resumes vetted by HR. Did a Phone interview with a curator, it took about 30 mins in total. He was friendly and it was more conversational

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, recent exhibitions visited, publications read   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moma.

Interview

Applied online for a curatorial department interview. Interviewed a few weeks later by the department manager and an associate curator. The curator and I really clicked. The day after, I got the offer by email.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moma (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

The whole process was very straight forward and comfortable. First I had a brief phone interview then about a week later was asked to come in-person for another interview. The HR rep was very friendly. The whole process took about a month from the first interview to getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• He asked me a bit about my educational background and experience using databases; he also asked me what book I was currently reading.   Answer Question