Moma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2016

2.8

Visitor Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moma (New York, NY).

Interview

You get into a meeting with 3 staff members and they will ask you about managerial and dealing with museum / board members questions. You will sit down and take turns with other candidates on the spot to answer numerous questions given.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a board member coming into the museum?   Answer Question
    • If there was a task you had to take and had difficulty working with a manger, how would you approach that situation?   Answer Question
    • What is the least favorite job you ever had?   Answer Question

Digital Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Moma (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted cover letter and resume via email after receiving the job listing through an email blast to a university alumni group. I was contacted promptly for a phone interview after submitting. We had one phone interview, in which it seemed the job might not be the right fit for me. We left the call o uncertain circumstances, and I did not receive a response.

Visitor Services Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moma.

Interview

Had a 25 minute interview over the phone. Was told the interview process was going to be long and should hear back in a month. While the person interviewing me was nice, she did not seem excited to be speaking with me. There were a lot of questions about not getting along with managers and how you would go about your work in that scenario.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Moma (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Was asked to come in to be interviewed a month after I applied. I was interviewed by the Department Manager and a curator. They were very nice and thoughtful to me during the interview. Although I wasn't offered the position, I left thinking highly of the level of professionalism held by MoMA's employees. It would definitely be a place I'd like to work for in the future.

Here are some things that I thinked helped me:
    I had a New York address and was able to come in for an in-person interview
    I asked questions
    I did my research and came prepared

Interview Questions

• How does your academic background fit the skills needed for this position?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I initially applied through the MoMA website and was contacted about 3 weeks later via email to set up a phone interview. It was a phone interview with two members of the department I was applying for that lasted somewhere around 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard questions about my previous experiences in Communications and Marketing. Asked about my ability to use specific software such as Dreamweaver and Photoshop as well. Was given the opportunity to ask the interviewers questions as well.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Moma (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Went through a recruiter. Interviewed with HR and two associates. I interviewed with Senior HR and two associates in the investment department. HR spent about an hour and then the associates 30 minutes.

Nothing happened. They hired someone with less experience for less money.

Interview Questions

• Why are you qualified for this role.   1 Answer

Digital Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moma.

Interview

It was very relaxed and conversational. We just talked about my past experience and reviewed my portfolio together. I spoke with two different people: the art director at the MoMA Store as well as a lead designer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Moma.

Interview

A very fast process for me, which included 2 interviews in one day, back-to-back. 1 with HR, 1 with hiring supervisor and Department Manager. Both interviews were very natural conversations and they were very easy to talk to. Afterward they also asked me for references and for a writing sample where they gave me a specific prompt to respond to - it was a mock formal report.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a broad question about my long-term career goals, which I think can be very tricky to navigate and summarize succinctly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fast & simple.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moma in September 2014.

Interview

Initially contacted by email to set up a phone interview.
    Phone interview was generally about how I can operate under pressure, what I can bring to MoMA, and my overall experience.
    The person was very nice, but can seem disinterested in what you have to say especially if you seem nervous. They're looking for people already know what they're doing, and don't really want to train or let anyone grow into the position even if they have a high potential for growth.

Interview Questions

• What I could bring to MoMA   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Moma in August 2014.

Interview

I filled out and mailed the paperwork and didnt get called for an interview until 2 weeks before the notification date.

Despite living 30 minutes away from the museum I was given a phone interview.

Like any interview I prepared well in advance and was ready to answer any questions on my work and educational experience

what I got instead was a quick run over what I would be doing in the internship and the simple question of whether everything she had explained sounded like something I would be interested in, with the interview lasting less then 10 minutes.

And that was that. I sent a thank you letter shortly afterwards only to get my rejection letter 1 week after the notification date.

and FYI despite being one of the most renowned museums in the world who apparently got over 500 applications from every pocket of the globe, each department is allowed to hire a maximum of ONE intern per season.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in doing that?   1 Answer