Momentive Performance Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Momentive Performance Materials Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2017

3.1

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials.

Interview

Spoke to Momentive at the career fair at my university. I was contacted about a month later by the recruiter and had a phone interview. She asked some very basic questions.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterford, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials (Waterford, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

A full day of interviews. I met with various individuals in 45 minute slots. They each came in with my resume and although some some had a list of pre-printed interview questions to ask me most did not. The most difficult part was having enough questions to keep asking the various interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company [Momentive]   1 Answer

Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials (Tarrytown, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screening followed by an on-site interview. The phone screening was a background check into my knowledge of chemistry as well as gauging my interest in the company. The on-site interview was a straightforward behavioral interview followed by more background questions involving my knowledge of the subjects that I would be working on and studying over the summer.

Operations Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials (Albany, NY).

Interview

The first contact was made at a military job recruiting fair. That led to an onsite visit. This was a full day process. Lunch was provided. There were 6 sets of 2-on-1 interviews. They provided a group lunch which was a more congenial atmosphere. I was given positive feedback at the end of the session.

Interview Questions

• What is my background in supply chain management   1 Answer

Communications Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials.

Interview

Phone Screen
    On-site with HR recruiter
    Met on same day with key execs and the person the position reported to
    No follow up from the company after on-site interview - no rejection, etc.

Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleburne, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials (Cleburne, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Thorough review on phone with HR recruiter
    Phone interview with Plant Manager
    In person panel - Flown in from out of town
    Panel was three consecutive interviews with two people each time
    Be expected to answer the same questions over and over

Interview Questions

• How many recordables with current organization   1 Answer

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials.

Interview

Started with a brief phone interview to judge qualifications. Second meet face to face with the managers, straight forward , strengths , weaknessess, greatest achievement, how you handel adversity and such. Spoke on the phone with office director and then boom youre hired. Fairly laid back interview process.

Interview Questions

• Whats your favorite color?   1 Answer

Negotiation

standard rate

Commercialization Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials (Cleveland, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

The Interview was sharp and to the point. questions related to integrity of certifications were asked. Conditions of previous employment and reason for higher studies were one of the impressive answers the recruiter was convinced with(review after interview). Recruiter was very focused in what he wanted from individuals and had stated the need even before the interview started. Clear cut job scope and a very responsive recruiter was one of the reasons. i believe, I did really well in the interview. I was one of the 3 selected candidates out of the 15 that interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?(first question)   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials (Cleveland, OH) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview process is not different from every other interviews i have had in the past. I applied for this position via my college Career Link and received an e-mail three weeks after for a phone interview. Interview questions were based off my resume and experience.

Advanced Chemical Engineer R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Momentive Performance Materials (Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

The process started with a 1.5 hour interview. The two individuals doing the phone interview went over every single letter and punctuation mark of my resume. Kind of put me on trial and seemed like they were testing me.

They got back to me within two days asking for an onsite interview.

The onsite interview consisted of a 45 minute presentation with questions. Two of the people kept going after me with silly questions seeming to try and show what they knew.

The rest of the interview consisted of 8 individual interviews.

Momentive used strategy in setting up the interview. After being grilled by five people the HR specialist tried to extract every piece of info from me about past compensation.

The last two interviews of the eight were the hiring managers.

By this point you are burnt out and can barely talk!

The hiring manager was really all about testing you and proving how much he knew. I mean, I can see a couple of questions about how I would handle situations, but a verbal test?

Ridiculous interview process.

Company appears to barely be making it! THEY EVEN TOLD ME THEY HAVE FIRED NEW HIRES IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS!

Interview Questions

• confrontational and seems like they are quizing you.   1 Answer