Montgomery College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.3

IT Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

It started, stopped, and started again. The interview was a panel. They've been trying to fill this roll for a long time apparently. The team and manager are too fickle for their own good. As great as it may seem to work at this small college, the hiring process overall maybe and this particular role itself specifically will likely be a waste of your time.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions, some buzzword questions, some organizational questions and some vendor questions (not a big believer in vendor loyalty).   1 Answer

Part-Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD).

Interview

It was pleasant! The supervisor was extremely kind and considerate. I was recommended by one of her full-time faculty. The full-time faculty person and I had worked together at another college for many years, but we both had moved. The interview was interesting and one of the questions was how old was I. I would not answer stating that this question is against the law until you are hired. She did laugh and even until this day when we see each other at retirement luncheons she brings this story up and we both laugh. She said I was correct.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied to work at the campus library last summer. Had an interview with a very friendly supervisor. Asks your previous work experience and lessons you have learned. The supervisor tells you that all people who works here are like "family." This is great!
    Note: Its better to know the idea of call numbers.
    Example, QH 307.25. F6 2016

Interview Questions

• Tell me what are the most important things at work? (asks your opinion)   Answer Question

Instructional Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Germantown, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a panel interview with a series of questions, followed by a model help session and a tour of the facility. The interview questions were behavioral and several focused on describing how I had behaved in the past. I was also asked to look through the course catalog and identify my readiness to help students in a variety of chemistry and biology subjects.

Interview Questions

• How would I help students with different learning styles?   Answer Question

Part-Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Germantown, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

I have had really professional and friendly interview with assistant dean, who also told me about structure of college, teaching philosophy, and showed lab equipment for students Lab section. I was moved by her enthusiasm and being eager to assist me as a colleague.

Interview Questions

• There are a set of questions related to my experience and background as a lecturer and researcher.   Answer Question

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Direct, but conversational, there was a panel of persons who took turns asking questions and taking notes. Each of them seemed to have a theme that their questions focused on. It was enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you disagreed with another employee you had to work with.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

I was being hired for a two month contract, so my entire process was expedited. The Director of College Access was very impressed with my experience and personality and hired me immediately after my references cleared. The interview process was virtually stress free. It is helpful to note, however, that the normal interview process is considerably more intense.

Interview Questions

• What kind of communicator are you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Sale Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montgomery College in July 2014.

Interview

lan plenty of time on the day of your interview. Managers are very disorganized and have little value for your time. You will end up waiting a long time, only to be pulled into some dingy office in back to be ask situation questions. The first three times I was scheduled for an interview, the person I had been scheduled to meet with was not in the store.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Germantown, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the chairperson in Germantown, but I ended up getting my first two classes in Rockville because there were more offerings there. I was also interviewed by the chairperson in Rockville.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process can be lengthy.