Montgomery College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

I was asked by the lady to sOlve an equation. One was an equality and the other inequality. So I seperated the variables and the constants by subtracting and adding as needed. The inequality equation was a bit tricky as you needed to multiply both sides by -1 and that reverses the inequality. All in all it must have taken 10 minutes.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was held on campus in the department office. they were very accommodating regarding my schedule and allowed me to pick from several times. I was well prepared but it ended up to be very casual and was primarily a discussion about my experience, their needs, and why they were hiring for the position, ( more students). Everyone I met was very collegial and friendly and the department chair I interviewed with was down to earth and seemed very interested in learning about me.

Interview Questions

• Describe my experience in a classroom setting teaching adult learners   1 Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Germantown, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the chairperson in Germantown, but I ended up getting my first two classes in Rockville because there were more offerings there. I was also interviewed by the chairperson in Rockville.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

I had to give a 5 minute lecture on a basic course topic. The two instructors in the room decided if I had what it took to be a lecturer. Towards the end, we looked at the course textbook, covered expectations for teaching the course, and reviewed some potential challenges.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see programming going in the future? What are some ways we can introduce these concepts into the classroom?   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied to work at the campus library last summer. Had an interview with a very friendly supervisor. Asks your previous work experience and lessons you have learned. The supervisor tells you that all people who works here are like "family." This is great!
    Note: Its better to know the idea of call numbers.
    Example, QH 307.25. F6 2016

Interview Questions

• Tell me what are the most important things at work? (asks your opinion)   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process can be lengthy.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

I was being hired for a two month contract, so my entire process was expedited. The Director of College Access was very impressed with my experience and personality and hired me immediately after my references cleared. The interview process was virtually stress free. It is helpful to note, however, that the normal interview process is considerably more intense.

Interview Questions

• What kind of communicator are you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Direct, but conversational, there was a panel of persons who took turns asking questions and taking notes. Each of them seemed to have a theme that their questions focused on. It was enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you disagreed with another employee you had to work with.   Answer Question

Part-Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Germantown, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

I have had really professional and friendly interview with assistant dean, who also told me about structure of college, teaching philosophy, and showed lab equipment for students Lab section. I was moved by her enthusiasm and being eager to assist me as a colleague.

Interview Questions

• There are a set of questions related to my experience and background as a lecturer and researcher.   Answer Question

Part-Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD).

Interview

It was pleasant! The supervisor was extremely kind and considerate. I was recommended by one of her full-time faculty. The full-time faculty person and I had worked together at another college for many years, but we both had moved. The interview was interesting and one of the questions was how old was I. I would not answer stating that this question is against the law until you are hired. She did laugh and even until this day when we see each other at retirement luncheons she brings this story up and we both laugh. She said I was correct.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate.