Montgomery & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Montgomery & Co. Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Montgomery & Co.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Montgomery & Co. (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied through school's career board, got an interview which was preceded the night before by a presentation. Two bankers showed up, both previously at larger MM banks. Egotistical. Interview was straight forward, asking typical background and fit questions. Some basic i-bank interview technicals.Interviewer seemed to be arrogant, bored and annoyed from the get-go---brought down the energy of the interview tremendously.

Interview Questions

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montgomery & Co. (Culver City, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview with the two owners consisted of a pleasurable hour long conversation, however, they told me virtually nothing about the specifics of the position (i.e. hours, benefits). I was offered the position and only discovered the specifics from asking the current producer detailed questions. I discovered that the producer was required to be on call at 7 am to talk with east coast clients, to be in the office by 9 am with a leave time of around 6pm and then again required to be on call until 11 pm to provide any instruction/notes to the editor. The position was also 75% work as a producer and 25% business development (cold calling was expected). The producer let me know the company had downsized and she no longer had an assistant so she was also doing the workload of her former assistant.

In making me the offer, the employer refused to put forth a salary offer or a salary range and wanted me to put forth a number. I spent the weekend researching the position to come with an appropriate salary range. When I presented my salary request, the owner scoffed at my number but refused to offer a number himself. I thought the issue about money was very strange. I also know had I not asked the right questions, a less experienced interviewee could have accepted this position not knowing the demands of it because they certainly weren't brought forth in the interview.

Interview Questions

The employer wanted me to offer a lower salary request. Based on all I'd learned about the position and the requirements, I decided to decline.