Montreat College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.7

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Montreat College (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I was recruited by Search Solutions Group. The interview process took three weeks. A skype interview, in-person interview and a final interview with the president. My first two interview were with the head of Admissions, and Dean of Adult Studies. My third interview was with the president. The president decided I was not the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Would you describe yourself as someone who can talk to strangers easily?   1 Answer

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreat, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Montreat College (Montreat, NC).

Interview

Very welcoming staff and community. The interview and hiring process is incredibly fractured.

Did a phone interview, then in person interview. The final step is an interview with the President Of the college. Your faith will be discussed in depth, as is to be expected when you apply to a Christ-Centered institution. Unclear explanation of responsibilities and performance standards, and dubious hiring practices bordering in discriminatory.

This is a Christian College, but it is non-denominational. The administration has built discriminatory practices into their hiring process and hide behind the religious exemption clauses when discriminating. Specifically against the LGBTQ community.

Having a foundation built on the Bible should be no surprise when applying for employment at this institution, and the traditional view of marriage is held in high regard. Holding true to the traditional view of marriage is one thing, hearing employees of the college state that "you cannot be LGBTQ and be employed here" is a far cry from the Mission and Vision of the college.

Interview Questions

• Will you be willing to sign a statement that states the word of God is absolute and homosexuality is a sin?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Montreat College.

Interview

Lovely school and people. Very welcoming. Did a phone interview and then a full day in person. Final step was an interview with the president. Phone interview and in person involved both skills ability for the job and faith questions. Final interview with the president is focused on in depth analysis of your faith. It became clear to me that my faith did not fit with theirs. They only hire people who have the same faith.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to sign a statement that includes marriage is only between one man and one woman and that homosexuality is a sin   1 Answer

Head Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montreat College in July 2011.

Interview

I took a tour. Met with both presidents and alot of he Faculty. Everyone ask about your faith and has this fake smile on. They come off as this is the greatest place on earth. I got the job 1 hour after interview. Once I arrive a realized that they cut majors and evryone was leaving (210 fired).