Moody Bible Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.2

Dining Room Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Moody Bible Institute (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. I got an email from the supervisor that they wanted to interview me, and we scheduled it within a week. After that, I waited about another week and they got back to me by email. It was a pretty quick ordeal.

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Moody Bible Institute (Plymouth, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by Librarian, who asked questions concerning my skills, passions, explained me what was required of me and we discussed the hours I wanted to work and my flexibility. Then I was informed of the selection.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable dealing with people?   1 Answer

Library Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody Bible Institute (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

First step is a phone interview with HR, then if you pass that you'll come in for HR testing, an interview on campus with hiring manager and an interview with an HR rep. Even with an open position that's been vacated, HR moves pretty slowly through this process - could take anywhere from 6 weeks to 3 months.

Interview Questions

• How do you know you are saved?   1 Answer

Office Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Moody Bible Institute (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Honestly, since I am only part time, the interview process was not too hard. Really just present yourself well, and come across as yourself. Typically they like to hire students for the part time word, since they are part time and not full time and don't need benefits.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about my past work history and things like, "how did you handle this certain situation"?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody Bible Institute (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Received information from someone in the office about a possible job opening. Brought in Resume with application. Application was short. More focus was placed on the resume. Was called in for an interview within 3 days. Set up the interview for that week. Was called in for the position the following Thursday.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from others   1 Answer

Kitchen Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moody Bible Institute (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and informal for me because I transferred to this crew from another kitchen crew. However, after the fact I participated in interviews for new employees, and the process was smooth. The interview was conducted in the SDR with some questions and analysis of class schedule to see if their schedule was a good fit for the crew. Then they took a walk through the kitchen as the daily tasks were described. The prospective employee was able to get a first hand look at the work they would be required to do. I thought this was beneficial to both parties making decision about the individual being hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to stand for long periods of time   1 Answer

Kitchen Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody Bible Institute (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

They contacted me within a week of my application; we had one interview, it went very well. A cook and two supervisors interviewed me. They were very friendly. They basically wanted to make sure I was going to be a positive addition to the crew, and that I was willing to do whatever kind of task presented itself.

Interview Questions

• I told them I had experience washing dishes, and they said, "We wash pots, not dishes." I didn't realize there were very distinct crews in the kitchen.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Na Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Moody Bible Institute (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied the job before coming to school. There was a scheduled interview upon arrival. Asked my past experience, and then I got the offer.

The interview was set up as a panel. I was interviewed by the desk manager and the desk lead in the process. They were very nice and also not approaching me with intimidating persona.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody Bible Institute in November 2009.

Interview

Recruiting office was great with my application, processed quickly and had an interview lined up within 2 weeks (I've heard of others taking MUCH longer, especially internally); the interview was very casual, once my credentials were reviewed, the manager seemed more concerned about chemistry with the existing team.