Mopro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mopro

2.3

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mopro (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back a few days later. I went through a 15 minute phone screen with HR, discussing current location, employment status, and previous positions. I was invited for an in person interview with the hiring manager the next day. He asked me the usual interview questions and talked about the position he's looking to fill and how it'll impact his current projects. That lasted about 35 minutes. He said I would hear back from HR within a few days but didn't. I followed up but my email went unanswered.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mopro (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Response to online application was quick, but that's where the positives stopped.

Recruiter disregarded my available times for interview call, then asked the most elementary and basic interview questions I've ever heard. I'm convinced holiday help at Target had deeper and more relevant questioning.

The kicker was the salary. Not competitive with other tech industry positions and definitely not compatible with the job description.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mopro (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Got a call from recruiter after applying on website. Had a phone screen. Came on site 3 times. Each time with a different team. Did not my salary expectations but I took it anyway.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mopro (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

Quick 15 min phone interview with recruiter who basically wants you to talk about yourself. Recruiters put a good face on the company as one that is aggressively growing and expanding.

In person interview was with the sales manager. Didn't really try to sell me on the company. Asked a few generic questions, talked about Vegas some...and then was done. Did not get a tour of the floor or much of a description of the job...just...can you process 300+ calls per day using a 4 page sales script. In person interview lasted 15 min..20 tops. Was told would hear by close of business Thursday...had to followup to get nicely worded rejection letter.

* Arrived for the in person interview a tad early. Space is just off the strip in Vegas in a non-descript corp building . Walls are white, floor is grey industrial carpet. About 20 people sit very closely next to each other at long tables with no dividers. (forget any privacy here).

Supervisors walk the floor watching. The Vegas branch did not appear to have any of the glitz that you hear and see in the OC location. People did not smile (other the the recruiter)

* PERSONAL IMPRESSION * This company is looking for drones to manage 300+ inbound calls per day. They are hoping for a close ratio of 1-2 leads per day out of that 300. (so we're not talking about sales here)

Sales people are paid up front 50% of the commission for any sales, and 50% after the site goes live...which the sales people do not support...which is more or less outsourced to their team in the Philippines. Hourly rate is $17.43 an hour + commissions.

Having worked for several tech companies/startups before, this location lacks the excitement, drive and electricity that you either see in their slick videos or expect from a company where people are happy to come to work. Had already decided to decline an offer if received.

Found out after the interview that 50 individuals were let go out of the Orange County location in favor of outsourced labor from Cebu.... those 50 people were in the departments that bring the sites live....sites don't go live...commissions don't get paid.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem working in a fast paced call center environment?
      Sale people don't service the accounts they sell, do you have a problem with that?
      Whats the most important thing in the sales process?
      We have a 4 page script you will need to memorize...do you have an issue working inbound calls from a predictive dialer using a script?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mopro (Costa Mesa, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a call from People Operations Manager Emily Charlton a couple weeks after I submitted my application. She told me more about the position and I agreed to come in the next day for an interview. It turned out to be a "group" interview with myself and one other person. We did an activity where we got to know the other candidate and then introduced the other candidate to the interviewing panel. We then had to sell the panel on something we like to do. This was not done in the presence of the other candidate. Finally, we were given time to ask them any questions we'd like. Never did they ask us anything about ourselves. Their decision is based solely upon the resume and application along with what they saw from our "selling" to them. Emily told us we would hear from her either way the next day on their decision. This was three weeks ago and despite multiple phone messages and emails trying to get in contact with her, she has not responded to me at all. It is obvious to me what their decision was now, but I find it rude and unprofessional to ignore messages from candidates who came in for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Get to know the other candidate and then introduce him/her to the interviewing panel.   Answer Question
    • Sell us on something you enjoy.   Answer Question

Assistant Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mopro in January 2016.

Interview

Got a phone interview three days after I apply. Asked some general interview questions and said they will contact me for an in person interview if I fit their need. Got rejected after a couple week.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mopro.

Interview

Interview was relaxed. It was for a sales position, so they ask for you to demonstrate having sales ability. Interview went well, and they offered me a job. I now work here!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really a need to negotiate. Base pay is generous, and there is a performance-based commission structure. Opportunity is there, just have to put in the effort to grab it.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mopro.

Interview

Met with multiple Executives that had pretty simple questions. They went through daily tasks and made sure I was able to complete the workload. Gave me different scenarios that they encounter daily and wanted me to describe the way that I would handle the client.

Interview Questions

• If a client wants something that we can't provide, how would you address them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mopro (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I wasn't phone screened but just received an email saying that I might be a good fit based on my resume for the position that I had applied for. The email asked if I would be available to come in for an in-person interview to which I agreed. When I showed up to my interview, I walked in and there was no receptionist and no where to sign in. Finally after a few minutes, someone asked if I had been helped and was able to get me the person who had scheduled my interview. I waited for another 30 minutes before I was finally taken into a conference room! The Executive that interviewed me seemed very unprepared. He was trying to read my resume as he was talking to me as if it had just been handed to him a few minutes before. I was barely able to get 2 sentences in about my own experience and he just seemed to go on and on about himself, his position and the company. I was surprised that he would be able to make a decision without even asking me any interview questions.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mopro (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Lengthy and could be more professional. I think they dropped the ball when it came to the interview process for this job. I applied mid March. However, I had a phone screen mid April and an in person interview late April. It is more so my in person interview and the aftermath that really was not up to par. I was asked the typical interview questions at first. However upon explaining the position the interviewer stated that she was looking for someone who had absolutely no experience, which I was fine with because I had limited. However, in the job posting description it asked for individuals with 1-3 years experience, so that was the first disconnect. She also began to ask me about other positions I was interviewing for, and I told her I was in the interview process for other positions as well, which she proceeded to tell me that to make sure I let the company know if I took another position so they would not keep me in the applicant pool "because it costs the company money". she also told me she had another week of applicants and that I would hear back from them sometime after that next Friday. I waited, and about 2 and 1/2 weeks after my interview I sent a followup email. No response. I waited another week, and I remembered I had received the interviewing managers contact information and I decided to contact her. After almost a week of no response, I received a generic rejection email from an individual I never spoke with saying it was nice to have spoke with me. I honestly liked the position, but because of the lack of respect shown toward me I do not think I would do business or seek employment with this company in the future.

Interview Questions

• Q. Describe yourself?
      Q. Where do you see yourself in five years?
      [Generic]   Answer Question