Morgan State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan State University Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan State University

1.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan State University in April 2016.

Interview

Once you apply for a position through the Morgan website, you will be contacted by the HR department to schedule a time to take the clerical test. Once you've passed the test, your application is sent out to the departments that are hiring. That department will then follow up with you to schedule an in-person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan State University (Baltimore, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

I was actually hired before going through HR. When I did go through HR it was the usual clerical test. Then completing the standard hiring package. Did require background check and fingerprinting. Took about three months to get put into the system and first pay. Very inadequate processing of new hire paperwork. .

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with graduate students? Working on teams? Budgets?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan State University (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty quick and simple process. Before you can interview for your position you must contact HR to take the clerical test. I did not like the test as it seems to be pretty dated. Once you pass the test your name goes on a list of eligible candidates. Then, you can interview for the position you applied for via the online site.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience as an administrative assistant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan State University (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

First a phone interview, then invited in for an in-person interview. Typing and spelling tests were required, as well as secretarial skills (which is an absurd and outdated process). Who requires business letter writing and formatting anymore?

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan State University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview process included a typing test, an examination of my MS Word skills, and a proofreading test before I was allowed to interview with a department. Unless it has been updated the equipment used to test was incredibly outdated and in need of repair. I was hired by the university and given a start date that differed from the department I was hired to work for. I began working in the office three weeks after my initial interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that were particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan State University (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very basic questions. The interviewer was very nice and friendly. She asked me few behavioral questions and that was it. it was a very easy question, nothing too applied and technical. Describe your previous work experience?

Interview Questions

• When i would like to begin?   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan State University (Baltimore, MD) in July 2009.

Interview

Met with the chair of the department and we talked about my background in the subject.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan State University (Baltimore, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring process for Morgan is extremely long and drawn out and once hired you don't get paid for a whole month. Many times they expect you to start working before you even sign your contract and your starting date keeps getting pushed back. This is especially true for student worker positions

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan State University (Baltimore, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

2 formal interviews that asked about work experience and research mostly. After that I was asked about my writing sample that I submitted and talked about how I gathered data for it.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Morgan State University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was informal and haphazard with substantial lag time between conversations. The process involved a series of phone calls spread out over months. It did not recieve priority attention.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would be able to help us improve our current situation.   1 Answer