Morton Buildings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morton Buildings

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Morton Buildings (Morton, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed on several occasions by the Morton recruiter for an HR role. I spent a considerable amount of time with this recruiter, then the board member. In fact, it was almost four hours in total. After traveling to the facility and meeting the management team, the recruiter told me I would hear back on potential next steps the following week. I never heard back. I find that very unprofessional. A simple email would have been sufficient. Candidates take time out of their day and from their jobs in some cases and the least a recruiter can do is give the simple courtesy of a "no thank you" letter. Not doing this shows a true lack of professionalism and frankly class. Glad I'm not moving on with that company. Don't believe the hype about their culture if this is how they treat people.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morton Buildings (Morton, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I had three separate phone interviews. The first interview was with a Regional Manager, who eventually became my direct manager upon being hired. The second interview was with a HR Manager, who eventually became a great team-mate. The third interview was with a Senior Management, who was eventually over our division of sales.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Morton Buildings?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Interview

local interview and then with regional guy. pretty informal, standard questions, I believe that the process has changed since I left. You interview with the director of sales if they still have one.

Crew Member/Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meadville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morton Buildings (Meadville, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

1 phone 2 face to face

Interview Questions

• what was the biggest thing u had to deal with without a supervisor   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morton Buildings (Morton, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Asked me about my previous experience (limited). Seemed to want to understand what made me "tick". Pushed hard on willingness to work independently. Asked how I would feel about spending time driving to customer homes to discuss their purchase. Asked about my activities outside of work. Seemed to like the fact that I was comfortable working with my hands and spending time outdoors. The company sells buildings and it is helpful if you know something about construction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would handle an upset customer.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morton Buildings (Detroit, MI) in February 2009.

Interview

Three interviews. One with local manager, one with regional manager, one with corporate manager. If accepted a physical and background check will be done. Expect at least 4 weeks after you are offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions of how to handle objections and conflicts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary will be negotiated if you press the issue

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morton Buildings (Grand Rapids, MN) in May 2008.

Interview

just walk in and fill out an application, and ask for an interview. make sure you over-qualify to some degree, really pad your experience if necessary, because apparently, learning to bolt together a pre-fabricated building on a pre-poured slab is very difficult.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Unknown (Bangladesh)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morton Buildings (Unknown (Bangladesh)) in May 2014.

Interview

It was very personable. It is hard to find a major employer that interviews in person more than just a questionare online. I applied online with indeed. A week or so later the regional manager called me, and conducted a short phone interview. Then i went to his office to interview in person. Finally i met with both the regional and the foreman who i would be working with as the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind hard labor   1 Answer
    • Do you mind travel   1 Answer
    • We normally work 60 hour weeks during warm seasons, is that ok with you?   1 Answer