Mother New York Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mother New York (New York, NY).

Interview

Took about three months. When I told them I was about to close the deal on another offer, it sped up the process by quite a bit, otherwise it may have taken onger.

Interview Questions

• Without giving too much away: fixing a problem for a particular, difficult client.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mother New York (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a really long process, I had to meet with all the partners as well as some senior management. There was a lot of schedule juggling to make it happen. Some of them were unnecessary as I rarely got to work with them. But overall everyone I met with was pretty easy going, except for the person I would eventually be reporting to. Of course, they had the toughest questions.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mother New York (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online to get in touch with a recruiter. When I waited at the lobby and there was where the interview took place. Sat with about four designers in the team for a group interview.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mother New York (New York, NY).

Interview

Mother really values culture and it's people, process was over the course of two weeks, coming in 4 times to meet different people each time. Each time they wanted to know more about myself then about my past experiences, as well as wanted to know where I saw myself / what path I wanted to take within the industry. There was a very relaxed feel to everything.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mother New York (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I met about 5 different people from different departments, ranging from the founder, creative directors, to more junior (peer) levels. It was an informal and relaxed setting, made me feel at ease. I did have to come back a few different dates to meet these folks, though.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about the thinking behind my work, but also about interests beside work.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor (Mother) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mother New York (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. I interviewed with two of the Mothers who lead the hiring process. They try to have you come in and meet both at once, but I came in twice due to scheduling. The two Mothers I met were incredibly nice and the interviews were more of a chemistry check than about experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing seemed to be a trick question or too difficult, I felt that they really respect the people they bring in and treat the interviewing process with respect.   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mother New York (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

There was no interview process. Was hired a day after I submitted my resume.

On my first day he asked me about myself because he barely looked at my resume.

Mother Interview

Interview

Phone screen was quick. In-person interview last quite a while but don't waste your time. You'll bend over backwards to accommodate, just to be ghosted in the end. Multiple follows up without even acknowledgement.