Motiva Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Motiva Enterprises Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.7

Sales Interview

Interview

is was very laid back and enjoyable. the lady was very informative about the job and everything that was included. beneifits and salary weere discussed. I was also able to get a tour of the facilty

Contract Analyst/Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motiva Enterprises (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minute interview. Two people came in and provided a lot of questions, which for every question they had I knew to provide specific examples to each. Another important aspect of the interview was to never have a down moment in the interview, always keep the conversation flowing.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you experienced conflict and how you responded to the conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Port Arthur, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Motiva Enterprises (Port Arthur, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back it consisted of two separate interviews with a set of 3 people at each room location. The questions in both interviews were fairly familiar so I'm guessing it was a way to compare each others evaluations of each one of the the people interviewing.
    Question 1: Tell us about yourself.
    Question 2: Tell us about a time you were in a situation that you felt was unsafe with a coworker and how did you intervene when the issue came up?
    Question 3: What would you say is your best skill, when it comes to the position you're applying for?
    Question 4: Dealing with a disgruntled employee, how do you fix the situation?

Next set of interviewers

Question 1: Tell us about yourself
    Question 2: When stuck with a difficult situation, how did you overcome the situation and what steps did you take?
    Question 3: Describe a time you worked as a team member to help resolve a issue and what steps help resolve the issue?

Then they asked if I had any questions, I went on to ask about the plant and size of the facility overall.

Interview Questions

• Question 1: Tell us about yourself

Question 1: Tell us about yourself.
      Question 4: Dealing with a disgruntled employee, how do you fix the situation?
      Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motiva Enterprises (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and to the point interview. A few scenario questions concerning working with other employees. Questions about safety and some of experience and how ell you work with others. Get a response in two to three months usually takes awhile for a yes or no phone call.

Anonymous Employee in Port Arthur, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Motiva Enterprises (Port Arthur, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Two panel interviews on the same day.
    Behavioral and scenario based questions were asked. Nothing two extreme, they just want to know who you are and if you're willing to learn, be dependable, and overall have good work ethic. After the interviews the HR rep stated it would be around 1-2 weeks until we'd hear something back. Sure enough a week later I received an email with a conditional employment offer pending drug screen, background, and physical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you saw someone do something unsafe, what did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with someone difficult   Answer Question
    • Why are you the best candidate?   Answer Question
    • What would you say has been the toughest challenge you've faced in anyone of your occupations   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting salary and salary after qualifying in your assigned unit is non negotiable.
    When you get your email with the conditional employment, the next day you receive a call from the recruitment department confirming your conditional employment. They explain the next steps in the hiring process and will keep in touch with you either by email or phone.

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Convent, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motiva Enterprises (Convent, LA).

Interview

Received a call after applying. Interviewed 2 weeks after the call. Interview was very laid back, straight forward. Was asked about experience in different software/systems they use quite frequently. Interviewed by 2 people, 1 did most of the speaking until I asked if there were any reservations regarding me performing the position's duties and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Currently in the negotiation phase. So far, it has been quite smooth. However, Both myself and the company were upfront about what we were offering/accepting.

Rotating Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norco, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Motiva Enterprises (Norco, LA).

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. I have 30 min phone interview, which followed by personal interview onsite. Prior to the personal on-site interview, they asked for the salary expectations, & negotiated how much they will offer, if selected. Personal interview was one hour personal/technical interview with hiring manager, one hour behavioural type interview with HR, which followed by 1 1/2 hour lunch with the team (without Manager) to understand the culture, team, etc.....

Lab Sample Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Arthur, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Motiva Enterprises (Port Arthur, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Brief and to the point with a detailed description of what they expect as a company as well as a breakdown of what they expected of their employees and I was ready to commit instantaneously.

Optimization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Arthur, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motiva Enterprises (Port Arthur, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter, asked to submit CV, asked if phone interview would work had phone Interview, no follow up by recruiter afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What are your present salary expectations?   1 Answer

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Motiva Enterprises in November 2013.

Interview

Two separate interviews with a panel of three employees from various departments. They give you information about the company and the position then you the y say "Tell us about yourself and experience". The next interviews consist of situational/behavior questions, Like tell of a time you had to deal with a difficult employee, what you had to accomplish and what was the outcome.

Negotiation

The starting wages were non negotiable.