Mullen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with typical interview questions. Asked about past experience, knowledge of position and knowledge of the field. Also asked why I was interested in Mullen in particular and how I had heard about that/what I knew about them.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA).

Interview

Met with 3 people - each was about 20 minutes long. Very conversational. Mostly looking for personality fit and confidence if they see your resume and think you're already qualified.

Interview Questions

• Currently, what is your favorite campaign produced by Mullen and one that is produced elsewhere?
      What is your favorite brand and why?
      Why Mullen?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

A former VP of Mullen connected me with the Chief Media Officer, who got me an interview for the Assistant Media Planner position. I ran into trouble at first because I followed someone into the elevator and wasn't able to get off at the right floor. I didn't realize that there were restrictions on the elevators, and had never been in an office building with that kind of security. Make sure you check in with the security guy and follow his instructions.

I met with 4 people over the course of 2+ hours, usually 2 people at a time. Everyone was really easy to talk with and very nice. One of the interviewers and I chatted longer than planned. They asked me about my favorite campaigns, my experience with digital media, my expectations of the position, and what I wanted my next career step to be if I got the job. I was unprepared in that I didn't know much about what the position entailed on a day to day basis, how the media department works with other departments, and what the career track is like for media planners. Everything else went very smoothly.

Everyone brought up the fact that I had been referred by the CMO, which made me a little uncomfortable gave me the vibe that this was just a courtesy interview. However, it was a good experience and I learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite current Mullen campaign?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by HR via the phone and the conversation was short. She asked me about my interest in the position and then asked my availability in the coming week. She offered me a Monday interview, but I was unable to make it so we moved it to Tuesday. She said she would call me back with a time. I didn't receive a call until Monday at 5 for the time of my interview the next day. I went into the interview and was given a sheet with 6 people I was going to meet with. Each interviewer was scheduled for a half hour block and at the end of the day an excel aptitude test was required. The interview took about 5 hours in total.

Each interviewer asked only a few questions about my resume and a majority of the time was spent discussing the advertising field and what the position was like. It was very free flowing and relaxing.

I heard back a week later and was told that I didn't have enough agency experience for the position, but overall it was a positive experience and enjoyed having an open discussion about current marketing campaigns and Mullen as a company.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you are currently working on about yourself?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Interview

I interviewed for a couple positions after completing an internship at Mullen.. The interviews were scheduled and I talked to about 5-6 different people over a period of about 4 hours. They were all very informal and conversational. Most were laid back, but one person definitely tried to steam-roll through the interview. Typical interview questions mixed with some very random creative-type questions (most of which seemed irrelevant).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiations, the salary they offer you is all they are willing to give you. And if you don't want it they make it clear that they will very quickly find somebody who will.

Associate Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

You interview with the Media Director, Group Director and members if the team. It is your basic advertising agency interview process. If you are a veteran f the ad industry, nothing should surprise you.

Interview Questions

• How would you pitch a bundled agency versus an unbundled agency?   Answer Question

Strategic Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Had a very casual interview; Mostly asked about what's on my resume. Nothing too technical. I was interviewed by four different people and the questions were pretty much similar.

Interview Questions

• Nothing surprises me. Most questions derives directly from my resume.   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Phone call, then Skype with head of group, then a full day of in-person interviews with a variety of positions. Some include small groups and others are 1:1. One interview was over lunch. Only a couple of people asked to see work, others had seen it previously and the interview was more casual conversation for them to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• "Why are you looking to leave your current job?" That's always the hardest question.   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and taking 2 month to final offer. Most of employee seem fun and great personality and willing to know about your personality. I believe for them team player is the most important. They are growing business right now so it looks like a good time to join the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

A phone call with HR. Then two phone interviews with CDs. Then a 5-hour-long series of in person interviews at Mullen offices.

That might sound insane, but this is one of the best interview processes I've ever had. The team took me out for lunch on my day there. I had great conversations with just about every Creative Director. They took extra time when I declined for personal reasons to understand why.

Though sadly Mullen was not the place for me, the individuals there are incredible. They will treat you very well in this hiring process if you can meet them at eye-level, while speaking confidently and honestly about your experience.

Thanks guys!