Mullen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mullen Interview Questions

2.6

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter to come in for an interview. Went in and the interviewers were a pleasure to speak with and very easy going. I came out feeling very hopeful and confident, but now I am unsure of whether or not they will hire me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here vs other agencies or companies?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Very straightforward phone interview. Asked about experience, interests, reason for wanting to work at Mullen vs other agencies. Friendly, interviewers were on time and very informed about the position. They answered all questions thoroughly and I felt very informed after my call. They provided email addresses for further questions, and were very kind the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience at prior marketing companies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA).

Interview

9am-1pm interview. Met with many people individually, had lunch, talked to more people. Different fields than design, producers, art directors, etc. After explaining my previous work many times, some people just wanted to chat with me. I was then taken out to lunch by one of my interviewers and returned back to the office in the afternoon.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA).

Interview

Met with 3 people - each was about 20 minutes long. Very conversational. Mostly looking for personality fit and confidence if they see your resume and think you're already qualified.

Interview Questions

• Currently, what is your favorite campaign produced by Mullen and one that is produced elsewhere?
      What is your favorite brand and why?
      Why Mullen?
      Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was contacted my a recruiter. I was brought in for a full day of interviews. They were really great. The interviews were very conversational. They asked me about my specific skills, my previous work experience, and how my previous work experience would tie in to the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the advanced analytics you did at your previous job.   Answer Question

Senior Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied through their website, and was contacted by HR a few weeks later. There was no phone screen, and I was brought in to meet with 6 people at Mullen during one, 3-hour interview period. The listing mentioned wanting an integrated planner, but the team was only concerned with folks who have worked directly on broadcast. Because my experience leans less traditional and more digital, they seemed disinterested. I was able to see and hear interviewing team members talk about me after leaving the room, so I knew they were disinterested (but also, unprofessional).

Their strategy team is going through a lot of changes right now, and because they have so many strategy roles open, almost every member had to ask me which one I was applying for. HR didn't see me out after my interview, nor did they respond to my follow-up. Based on my experiences, I feel like I dodged a bullet. One of the people who would have been on my team made a joke about how Mullen is referred to as a sweatshop, but it can't be considered that if you love the work you do. Take that however you will.

Digital Media Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a Phone Screen with HR which led to 5 in person interviews all scheduled same day. Process was really easy on site and scheduled soon after the phone screen. Follow up phone call reviewed benefits, offer and salary.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about experiences, favorite ad campaigns/brands in the space, favorite campaign I had worked on. Why was I interested in Mullen? What did I know about MediaHub? Personal interests and passion points. What type of manager style I used.   Answer Question

Print Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mullen (El Segundo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very simple, it was a panel-type interview, but instead of a simultaneously present panel, it was one-by-one. It was a pleasure meeting all these people, and I wish I could work at an environment where the interviews were more like conversations.

I'm not trying to brag when I say this, but I would assume my background, qualifications and professionalism at a young age, should have made me a perfect candidate. Now if they didn't want me, I would like a little notice before a month to just say "sorry we found someone more qualified." This is more of an entry-level position, so don't tell me someone is "more qualified" when I have almost a decade of experience at 25. Please...I found it to be more of an insult because they probably wanted someone with less experience to try and pay lower. I understand all that as well, I just felt a month was a bit too long to string me along.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose print production?   1 Answer

Senior Search Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Initial phone interview with the hiring manager. Primarily focused on behavioral questions, wanted to know my clients and type of work environment I succeeded in. Follow up was an in-person interview with the hiring manager, then another interview with another team member. Pretty similar conversation, some more detailed questions about the same general topics, nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• How do you market brick & mortar clients with the rise of Local SEO?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and taking 2 month to final offer. Most of employee seem fun and great personality and willing to know about your personality. I believe for them team player is the most important. They are growing business right now so it looks like a good time to join the team.