Mullen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mullen Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.6

Communication Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

First a phone interview then interviewed with four people from the PR team on the phone. Everyone was nice but some came off a bit indifferent to other cultures. The phone interview lasted around thirty minutes, and the follow up wasn't clear.

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Met with the head of the department for about an hour and then the team I'd be working with for another hour. Went over my portfolio pieces and discussed the kind of work they do regularly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straightforward, nothing particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mullen in March 2017.

Interview

Casual and friendly. Talked over the phone with HR for about 45 minutes in the first round, then I got a call a week or so later to conference with HR and the ECD in the second. I was offered the job at the end of the second call. They didn't try to beat around the bush or trick you, they were very straightforward and quick with their decision –a welcome change.

Interview Questions

• Very straightforward, no odd "google-like" questions about my Favorite Disney Princesses or anything. They asked me to give them a rundown of what I'd been doing, what kind of work I liked to do, what work I liked in the past, etc. It was more like a conversation.   1 Answer

Motion Graphics Design Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Mullen's HR department reached out to me a few days after I submitted my resume to set up a time for me to come in, tour the office and meet the creative team managers. I went into the office, gave my name to the front desk and I was then met by a member of the HR department who gave me a tour of the space, outlined the position and the organization's hierarchy. I then met with three members of the creative team who asked me about my work experience and relevant skills.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any portfolio items of which you are truly proud of that demonstrate your ability to use animation techniques such as easing?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter to come in for an interview. Went in and the interviewers were a pleasure to speak with and very easy going. I came out feeling very hopeful and confident, but now I am unsure of whether or not they will hire me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here vs other agencies or companies?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mullen.

Interview

Very straightforward phone interview. Asked about experience, interests, reason for wanting to work at Mullen vs other agencies. Friendly, interviewers were on time and very informed about the position. They answered all questions thoroughly and I felt very informed after my call. They provided email addresses for further questions, and were very kind the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience at prior marketing companies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA).

Interview

9am-1pm interview. Met with many people individually, had lunch, talked to more people. Different fields than design, producers, art directors, etc. After explaining my previous work many times, some people just wanted to chat with me. I was then taken out to lunch by one of my interviewers and returned back to the office in the afternoon.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA).

Interview

Met with 3 people - each was about 20 minutes long. Very conversational. Mostly looking for personality fit and confidence if they see your resume and think you're already qualified.

Interview Questions

• Currently, what is your favorite campaign produced by Mullen and one that is produced elsewhere?
      What is your favorite brand and why?
      Why Mullen?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was contacted my a recruiter. I was brought in for a full day of interviews. They were really great. The interviews were very conversational. They asked me about my specific skills, my previous work experience, and how my previous work experience would tie in to the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the advanced analytics you did at your previous job.   Answer Question

Senior Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mullen (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied through their website, and was contacted by HR a few weeks later. There was no phone screen, and I was brought in to meet with 6 people at Mullen during one, 3-hour interview period. The listing mentioned wanting an integrated planner, but the team was only concerned with folks who have worked directly on broadcast. Because my experience leans less traditional and more digital, they seemed disinterested. I was able to see and hear interviewing team members talk about me after leaving the room, so I knew they were disinterested (but also, unprofessional).

Their strategy team is going through a lot of changes right now, and because they have so many strategy roles open, almost every member had to ask me which one I was applying for. HR didn't see me out after my interview, nor did they respond to my follow-up. Based on my experiences, I feel like I dodged a bullet. One of the people who would have been on my team made a joke about how Mullen is referred to as a sweatshop, but it can't be considered that if you love the work you do. Take that however you will.