Munich Re Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Munich Re Interview Questions

Interviews at Munich Re

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

I had three rounds of interviews. The first round was a phone interview given by HR, about 15 minutes with general questions about my information. The second round was a technical interview by phone. The program lead asked me something about my projects. The final round was an onsite interview in Princeton, NJ. It was four hours with six interviewers. Most questions were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were spontaneous. How do you expect your future career? What is your technical interest?   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re (Plainsboro, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

LENGTHY: Consisted of initial phone screening, phone interview with hiring manager and a colleague, onsite interview with the same two team members including the Director of the Group, and a third interview at a remote client site 3+ hours away which consisted of a presentation and a case study, and some additional Q&A (reimbursement for travel provided).

I did NOT like the fact that I had to travel remotely to meet the team (video or telepresence conference anyone?). They need to make the process less impeding for candidates. Overall, I liked the hiring manager and the home office team, but was certainly not excited at the prospect of working at the other remote client site locations. At the end of the last process, it was clear that it would not be a good fit for either party. I did not want the job and they went internal (I hear this is the norm from other reviews).

Interview Questions

• You have a vague SOW at best and need to get a contract signed per your client ASAP. How would you handle this?   1 Answer

Client Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re (Atlanta, GA) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied by in-house referral and was contacted a week or two later by HR. The process was: initial phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, online Excel skills assessment + Wonderlic, another phone interview with VP, and 5 hours of back-to-back in-person interviews with 7 different people. I received a response 15 business days after interviewing.
    Each person made me feel valued and truly invested in our conversations. No other interviews I've had have made me feel so important as a candidate before. Overall, positive experience, though it is a decent time investment on your part.

Interview Questions

• What is something creative you've done that you wish you hadn't?   Answer Question
    • If you could create your dream work team to manage, describe what that would be like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Munich Re (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview on campus was about 30 minutes Long. Most of the questions were personality base and hence easy to answer if you know yourself well enough. It was a good learning experience for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Asked all the canned questions. No at all creative with the interviewing process. Just to get through the interview and hire who they wanted. Not interested in working for a company like this. Very political and a lot of nepotism.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview then office interviews.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with several people over the span of a few hours which consisted of behavioral questions and explaining experiences on my resume that were related to the position. Some interviewers asked a bit challenging and in-depth questions compared to others

Interview Questions

• Name a leadership position where you failed and what you gained from it   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

First round is 30 minutes phone interview from an actuary and then an on-site interview to speak with different people in the team. The hiring process took around a month.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re in November 2017.

Interview

They call you in the beginning if they show interest in you to set up a phone-interview. A human resources officer will contact an applicant to set up time for a phone-interview. Afterwards, the human resources officer will choose applicants who will be sent in to the next round of ( most likely) face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the article's that Munich Re has published recently?   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Munich Re in March 2014.

Interview

The first one was a phone interview. It's about 45 minutes, it is behavioral question based interview. HR went through my resume and it was a pleasant talk. Then HR started some questions about my skills and it was confusing.

Interview Questions

• HR asked some half-technical questions like giving evidence to show I am proficient in R. HR was not satisfied with the answer. I was very confused what she was looking for.   Answer Question