Munich Re Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Munich Re Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2017

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

The whole process last for 20 minutes and the interview was based on behaviour questions.
    The recruiter asked me about my resume and told me something about this program.
    She asked a lot of questions like what did you do when you met with a certain situation.
    The program is very attractive since it provides students with training, benefits and return offer opportunity.

International Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

two round of phone interview and one on site interview. During the on site interview, the HR and some workers in Munich Re had a dinner with the candidates before the real interview. In the interview, we were asked to first complete a half-hour-test, then talked face to face with six individual employers, and last we were asked to give a presentation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Met them at a career fair and got interviewed for the first time there. We went over my resume and she asked me some behavioral questions. After a couple of weeks, I got a phone interview with the Corporate Leader of Data Analytics. This interview was behavioral and technical. Now, I am waiting for an email from HR.

Interview Questions

• What are your least and most favorite subjects in College?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with several people over the span of a few hours which consisted of behavioral questions and explaining experiences on my resume that were related to the position. Some interviewers asked a bit challenging and in-depth questions compared to others

Interview Questions

• Name a leadership position where you failed and what you gained from it   Answer Question

At MRTL Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re in March 2016.

Interview

I did two rounds of phone interview with the team at Munich Re Trading located in Houston. The process took three weeks. The interviews are mostly informational. They want to get to know you and give you a chance to learn about the company. Both interviewers are very casual and friendly.

Predictive Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a very lengthy process. I got interviewed by 6 people. Some of them were nice most of them were just in a bad mood from the beginning. There were a math and writing test before any of the interviews started.

Strategic Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. The interview went really smooth and talked mostly about my resume. It felt like they already chose their candidates from the start of the interview, so I didn't feel too hopeful. At the same time, they were really nice and made it seem like I would definitely get the position.
    Also, it seems like they prefer hiring males over females. They were barely any women in the building.

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re (Plainsboro, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

LENGTHY: Consisted of initial phone screening, phone interview with hiring manager and a colleague, onsite interview with the same two team members including the Director of the Group, and a third interview at a remote client site 3+ hours away which consisted of a presentation and a case study, and some additional Q&A (reimbursement for travel provided).

I did NOT like the fact that I had to travel remotely to meet the team (video or telepresence conference anyone?). They need to make the process less impeding for candidates. Overall, I liked the hiring manager and the home office team, but was certainly not excited at the prospect of working at the other remote client site locations. At the end of the last process, it was clear that it would not be a good fit for either party. I did not want the job and they went internal (I hear this is the norm from other reviews).

Interview Questions

• You have a vague SOW at best and need to get a contract signed per your client ASAP. How would you handle this?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Very casual interview, felt more like a conversation between friends than a job interview; interviewer briefly discussed resume and then continued on to hobbies and other extra-curriculars.
    Was initially supposed to be a panel interview, but due to scheduling, became a one-on-one.
    Didn't hear back after in person interview.

Claims Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was a couple hours. You interview with three different people that take around 30-45 minutes with basic interview questions. You also meet with your manager and they explain the job and meet with HR and they explain the benefits and what the company offers. Make sure you do your research on the company and prepare how to answer questions about yourself.

Interview Questions

• They asked about prior work experience.   1 Answer