Munich Re Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2017

3.1

Predictive Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

The process involves meeting seven different people onsite.The process involves mainly behavioral questions.They just have an exam which contains some logic and stats questions.There was one technical and HR round on phone as well.

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

I had three rounds of interviews. The first round was a phone interview given by HR, about 15 minutes with general questions about my information. The second round was a technical interview by phone. The program lead asked me something about my projects. The final round was an onsite interview in Princeton, NJ. It was four hours with six interviewers. Most questions were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were spontaneous. How do you expect your future career? What is your technical interest?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Munich Re (Hartford, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Very productive and informative meeting. Interviewer was prompt to contact for phone interview and was very excited about the opportunity, offering a lot of background on the company and the role , as well as the newly expanded department.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation where you had to overcome a challenge and/or conflict and tell me how you overcame the challenge.   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re in January 2017.

Interview

Brief and fairly casual phone interview with a recruiter. Received a follow-up email about a week and a half later requesting another phone conversation, this one with the actuary who would be managing the position. The second call was a more standard 45-minute interview discussing my skills, internship experience, and interest in the actuarial field/life insurance/reinsurance, as well as what the position would entail. I was told that if I moved past this stage there would be an in-person interview at the New York office where the position was located, and then a possible second in-person interview at the Atlanta office. I was apparently eliminated here, but Munich never got back to me with an official decision--I followed up about a month after the second phone screen (at which point it was pretty clear they had moved on with other candidates) and was told the process was moving slowly, but never heard anything more.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of technical skills did you develop at your internship?   Answer Question

International Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

two round of phone interview and one on site interview. During the on site interview, the HR and some workers in Munich Re had a dinner with the candidates before the real interview. In the interview, we were asked to first complete a half-hour-test, then talked face to face with six individual employers, and last we were asked to give a presentation.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

The whole process last for 20 minutes and the interview was based on behaviour questions.
    The recruiter asked me about my resume and told me something about this program.
    She asked a lot of questions like what did you do when you met with a certain situation.
    The program is very attractive since it provides students with training, benefits and return offer opportunity.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Met them at a career fair and got interviewed for the first time there. We went over my resume and she asked me some behavioral questions. After a couple of weeks, I got a phone interview with the Corporate Leader of Data Analytics. This interview was behavioral and technical. Now, I am waiting for an email from HR.

Interview Questions

• What are your least and most favorite subjects in College?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Munich Re (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview on campus was about 30 minutes Long. Most of the questions were personality base and hence easy to answer if you know yourself well enough. It was a good learning experience for me.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re (Princeton, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with several people over the span of a few hours which consisted of behavioral questions and explaining experiences on my resume that were related to the position. Some interviewers asked a bit challenging and in-depth questions compared to others

Interview Questions

• Name a leadership position where you failed and what you gained from it   Answer Question

At MRTL Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Munich Re in March 2016.

Interview

I did two rounds of phone interview with the team at Munich Re Trading located in Houston. The process took three weeks. The interviews are mostly informational. They want to get to know you and give you a chance to learn about the company. Both interviewers are very casual and friendly.