Museum of Science Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Museum of Science

2.2

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

I received an email around 2-3 weeks after I initially applied asking for an interview. A few days later I had a phone interview with a woman from HR. She was very thorough on what my day to day work schedule would be like, how long the on boarding process would take and what kind of work life balance the museum provided its employees. She answered all the questions I asked and had a genuine conversation with me about why I wanted to work at the museum, my degree and how I came about applying at the museum of science.

After the phone interview with HR I was asked to interview with the team manager and was offered a Skype interview since I was from out of state but decided to travel into Boston instead to meet face to face. I was offered free tickets to the museum for myself and a guest and free parking so that we could roam the museum after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What Javascript libraries are you familiar with?   Answer Question
    • What are some examples of web development projects you've completed?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Name a workplace disagreement and how you solved it.   Answer Question
    • Other personal questions about projects, my degree, my past work experience, etc.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process involved a brief phone interview with HR, a phone interview (30 min) with the team I'd be working with, an in-person interview with the same team (1 hr). The time from when I sent my resume to my first day was 1 month.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything that caught me way off guard. I suppose the hardest would be how I handle problems with co-workers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was called and offered the job over the phone and was given time to think about it. I accepted the offer without further negotiations as I had already said what my salary requirements were and the offer was in that range.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice, asked relevant questions, and seemed very excited about the Museum's mission. I was put at ease and enjoyed the process. It did, however take several weeks to receive a reply from the interview. As this was a credit-eligible internship position, it was important to hear back quickly. The delay did cause some difficulties, but the overall process was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at the Museum?   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Museum of Science.

Interview

This was an in person interview. Questions were basic, they explained the department and the position, introduced me to the team, and shortly after I got a call asking if I would like to join the team as an intern!

Box Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, eventually got an email to schedule a Skype interview with the HR representative and the Box Office manager. It was laid back and very straightforward. Had a good time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? How do you deal with frustrated customers? Are you comfortable interacting with people? Name a difficult customer and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

It began with simple questions from HR followed by an interview with two of the people working in the IT department. The first interview with HR was typical like "Why should we hire you?", etc. while the second interview with IT was a bit more topical in regards to the internship.

Interview Questions

• How do you calm down a customer who needs a problem resolved immediately?   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Museum of Science.

Interview

I was contacted by e-mail for a phone interview a month after submitting my application. The interviewer blew off our first appointment (as in simply never called or notified me). I received an e-mail a few days later, letting me know when my new appointment was (without asking if the time worked for me or offering an explanation why my first appointment had been neglected). We spoke briefly (three minutes), in which I was offered a recap of the position and told what it paid. I chose not to move forward after that.

Coordinator Interview

Interview

It took 2 months. I was called a week after sending my resume. HR screened on the phone. Then I was interviewed by the manager. 2 months later I interviewed with the team.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with a manager that is very hands on?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science.

Interview

Got a call for a phone conversation where recruiter broke down position and pay, then was scheduled for an actual interview with recruiter and manager, got an email a week later for references, and then 2 weeks from interview was offered position. Process was smooth and questions were straightforward behavioral stuff.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

Interviewed four different times. First with Human resources, then a one on one with the department manager, next with 3 colleagues, and lastly with the vendor I would have close contact with. It was a good process in which they filled me in on who I would be meeting next. Many of them asked the same simple questions, so I felt quite over prepared.