Museum of Science Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Museum of Science Interview Questions

2.3

Education Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied in July, got an email from HR about interest at the end of August. Had brief phone call with the HR Rep the next week (they did most of the talking), and then scheduled an interview over Skype for mid-September. For the interview, I had to make a presentation of teaching skills. The interview started with a 1:1 with a hiring manager, then a panel interview in which I presented my teaching skills, and then they asked me specific questions (both about presentation and situational). Everyone was really nice, and even though I wasn't offered the job it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What STEM subjects do you consider yourself to be strong in, and which subjects (if any) are you weak in?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice, asked relevant questions, and seemed very excited about the Museum's mission. I was put at ease and enjoyed the process. It did, however take several weeks to receive a reply from the interview. As this was a credit-eligible internship position, it was important to hear back quickly. The delay did cause some difficulties, but the overall process was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at the Museum?   2 Answers

Electro-mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

After applying online I received an email asking to have a phone interview the following week. The phone interview asked basic questions if I could commit to the schedule and agreed to the salary. The next day I received another email asking to come in the next week for an interview with a few people. The first interview was with HR who I had spoken with on the phone, lasted about 30 minutes, basic questions on why I wanted the job and how I was a right match. Second interview was with the Supervisor and Manager of the department I would be working with. Very comfortable and easy to talk to people who asked more in depth questions based on work background and what I would be capable of doing. This lasted about an hour and then got a tour of the facility. Great experience overall even though I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?   2 Answers
    • How would you explain a complex process in terms to somebody who is unfamiliar to it?   Answer Question
    • What makes you a better candidate than the others?   Answer Question
    • In the past, how have you resolved an issue at work and handled the situation?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science.

Interview

Got a call for a phone conversation where recruiter broke down position and pay, then was scheduled for an actual interview with recruiter and manager, got an email a week later for references, and then 2 weeks from interview was offered position. Process was smooth and questions were straightforward behavioral stuff.

Staff Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Museum of Science.

Interview

I was contacted by e-mail for a phone interview a month after submitting my application. The interviewer blew off our first appointment (as in simply never called or notified me). I received an e-mail a few days later, letting me know when my new appointment was (without asking if the time worked for me or offering an explanation why my first appointment had been neglected). We spoke briefly (three minutes), in which I was offered a recap of the position and told what it paid. I chose not to move forward after that.

Annual Fund Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initially I received a phone interview a week or so after applying online and the phone interview was pretty generic, asking if I had experience with Microsoft Office. Then, I scheduled for an in-person interview with the Annual Fund Director (as well as the Washburn Challenge heads).

Visitor Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was brief and mainly went over customer service background. They asked a few questions to get an idea how you would deal with the extremely busy days and then tried to get a feel for who you were as a person. During the interview process they are very engaging and kind and definitely want you to feel comfortable. They also don't try to hide how extremely busy the Museum is to make sure you are definitely someone who can handle and wants a position where you have to deal with more people than you can remember everyday.

Interview Questions

• How are you at dealing with and managing large crowds?   1 Answer

Visitor Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about six weeks after I applied, but once they did contact me the process was pretty painless. The HR staff were easy to get a hold of an accommodating (I was interviewing during the grand snowpocalypse, and they were very understanding about lateness and rescheduling.) The tone of the interview was very friendly, and I was encouraged to look around the museum after I was finished to get a sense of if I wanted to work there.

Coordinator Interview

Interview

It took 2 months. I was called a week after sending my resume. HR screened on the phone. Then I was interviewed by the manager. 2 months later I interviewed with the team.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with a manager that is very hands on?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process involved a brief phone interview with HR, a phone interview (30 min) with the team I'd be working with, an in-person interview with the same team (1 hr). The time from when I sent my resume to my first day was 1 month.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything that caught me way off guard. I suppose the hardest would be how I handle problems with co-workers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was called and offered the job over the phone and was given time to think about it. I accepted the offer without further negotiations as I had already said what my salary requirements were and the offer was in that range.