NAV Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NAV Canada Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.6

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NAV Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

-Applicants are directed to a "take charge" microsite to complete online form, submit resume and cover letter, etc
    -Online assessment quiz is an 8 minute English comprehension test (a breeze for native speakers along the lines of "their vs there")
    -Additional basic logic type questions thrown in totalling 30 questions in 8 minutes

Interview Questions

• -Your suitability for this role depends entirely on aforementioned 8 minute quiz so don't spend too much time preparing for an interview or polishing your CV
      -My related Air Force experience doesn't matter either (Vets be forewarned)
      2 Answers

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at NAV Canada (Surrey, BC (Canada)).

Interview

It starts with an online assessment that includes an essay, cognitive test and a personality test. If passing this, you write an in person 3 hour series of tests. They include, spatial reasoning, general knowledge, memory, among others. Upon passing this, you'll schedule a phone interview. Afterwards, there's an in person interview with a panel of usually 3 people. If you pass all of this, you go in again and complete a simulator test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation you've been in and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at NAV Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

There is one phone interview and one in person interview. You only get to the interview process once you have successfully completed an online and in person aptitude test. Both interviews are fairly easy because they select you based on aptitude test results

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a problem you've encountered in your previous job and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer (Senior Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NAV Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Small phone interview followed by the 2 hrs in person interview. Phone interview was just straight forward. In person, there were 3 person taking interview (1 hr and 2 from technical). HR was super nice. Asked me couple of questions regrading my resume and they gave me test to write on. It was long. But it wasn't that bad.

Interview Questions

• My past experiences, programming languages(C, C++, java)   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at NAV Canada.

Interview

Interview consisted of one in-person interview with hiring manager and group director.
    Was provided with detailed statement of qualifications, interview assessed knowledge skills and abilities sections of the statement of qualifications. Similar to a government style interview, questions asked were directly from the statement of qualifications, interviewers wrote down your answers. Technical questions dealt with mainly RF issues.
    Some open-ended questions on past experience (“tell us about a time when…“).
    One problem-solving type question to assess thinking style.
    Was asked to bring a sample of work.
    Easy interview, good rapport with hiring manager.

Janitoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cornwall, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NAV Canada (Cornwall, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

You talk to person who is hiring and they ask you questions about the job and what skills you have as well.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NAV Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

Question and answer based. Interviewer ran through a predetermined set of questions. There was also a software question where they gave a laptop and you had to perform some tasks. These included finding some bugs in java code, and writing some java code to do some file I/O.

Systems Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NAV Canada in March 2012.

Interview

It was an on-campus phone interview which lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between function, method and procedure   Answer Question

Had another one

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NAV Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

Basically the interview included a panel of managers and some programmers involved in various software groups that I would be working with/for. The process consisted of looking at my portfolio of work, that spanned from print work to web development (but I focused on discussing the web based projects for this particular interview) and answering questions about what each of the projects involved, ie; goals of the project, was it successful, what technologies did I use?

Interview Questions

• What are your technical skills? IE coding? Can you tell us each technology that you have used   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable working with programmers to develop on screen elements for various groups that have specific needs and requirements?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation, you are slotted into a level determined by your experience and wages are set for each level.

Pension Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NAV Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2009.

Interview

Met with the immediate manager and a future coworker. Also had a one on one with the Vice President. This latter is not done anymore. It was a great casual interview, but I think it depends on the department you apply for.

Interview Questions

• If I would work for the government   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is a union position, so negotiations took place