NAVFAC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NAVFAC

2.7

Community PLanner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NAVFAC (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

submitted application online through usajobs.gov in july 2015; received follow on call to schedule phone interview in october; interviewed by 5 member panel; given 5 questions to answer in 30 min; followed up with me two weeks later (november) with offer; started work january2016

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NAVFAC (Raleigh, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

I was hired striaght out of college into the intern program. This is a 2-3 year program that lets you work in your desired job plus do rotations around the company to see how things operate as a whole. The interview was generic and did not have a lot of off the wall questions. Just be yourself and try and tun the interview into a conversation

Negotiation

There wasnt a negotiation phase. They give you an offer and you either accept or they find someone else.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NAVFAC (Bethesda, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

A brief overview of the organizational objectives and operations position you applied for, followed by an approximately 20-minute phone interview to assess your knowledge, skills, and abilities. There will be a close with questions you may ask

Interview Questions

• Have you done Construction Contracts?   Answer Question
    • There is limited parking here at Bethesda National Naval Medical Center. Would this be an issue?   Answer Question
    • FAC-C does not readily transfer over to DAIWA. Would you have an issue re-taking classes?   Answer Question
    • What type of Contracts have you done?   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NAVFAC (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied early January 2015. I received phone call to interview during third week of March 2015. I interviewed a week later. The interview was behavioral based and lasted between 45 to 70 minutes. It was a two-person panel interview and the interviewers were pleasant. A week after the interview I received an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your weakness and how do you address it?
      Q: What do you know about our agency?
      Q: Describe a situation where you had to deal with adversity and the outcome.
      Q: Why do you feel you are the best candidate for the job?
      Q: Are you willing to work at other field offices within the local area?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NAVFAC (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for the DON PATHWAYS internship. Took a while to get a phone call. Once i got the call they just told me to fill out all the paperwork online. Easy enough.

Interview Questions

• Which type of environment do you work best in? Groups on by yourself.   Answer Question

Fire Protection Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NAVFAC.

Interview

Mostly behavioral type interview questions. A few questions about hypothetical situations. There were four people interviewing me. Overall, a an ok experience. It was more of an interview where they tried to get to know me. There was a lot of back and forth as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a system to protect an aircraft hangar?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at NAVFAC.

Interview

From the time I submitted my resume to my first day of work took 8 months! Extremely difficult to get on board at Navfac.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Chasse, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NAVFAC (Belle Chasse, LA) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process lasted about 30 minutes. They asked me 7 questions. The interview was easy. I did good in the interview but wasn’t good in the clique. NAVFAC Belle Chasse, LA is laughable now and should be investigated for hiring unqualified people aka their friends. It’s quite sad because the organization passed up great candidates but choose to hire their friends with no education or knowledge. They been doing this for years at this NAVFAC location.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you worked in a group. What was your role and responsibilities?   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NAVFAC (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Actually most promotions are made by a pre selection process by temporarily assigning (term players) to positions and then promoting them into advanced placement justifying a selection by using experience gained while the employee was in the temporary position.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in querying reports from a database system?   1 Answer

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NAVFAC.

Interview

I applied on USAJobs in the middle of October. I was then told that my application had been referred to hiring authority during the first week of December. I received an email on scheduling a phone interview a week afterwards, and during the phone interview I was told that they would receive a decision in approximately two weeks.

Interview Questions

• The position requires communicating with parties from all kinds of businesses, whether it be in a group setting, one-on-one, over the phone, or over the computer. What kind of communication are you most comfortable in, and what examples can you give of them?   Answer Question